• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Strongly led to this lifestyle

truthseeker1

Female
Good evening. I am new to the group, but wanted to choose plural marriage since March 2016. I am here with an issue that weighs heavily on my heart. I married my husband in May 2013, but at the age of 39. We are both in our 40s, now (he just turned 40, me few yrs older). He has a strong desire to have biological children, but my age and a physical issue that I have would make this impossible. I have been led since March 2016 to plural marriage, and with a strong desire to have the special bond with a sister wife in Christ. Any younger woman who could join put family and enrich it with children and a strong connection to my husband and myself would be true gold to our family. I know my husband has so much to offer a second wife, also. He is so truly romantic, and protective as well as 6ft 4" tall--extremely attractive and hard working. Children gravitate to him constantly while he drops to their level to really connect with them. I can't stand idly by and watch him miss out on fathering his own biological children as I can not offer this to him. He has been hesitant to fully commit to plural marriage, and I know he would be so kind to another wife and over the moon should they have children. I would be a constant support as this decision has taken years for me to ponder seeking this lifestyle, and it has been somewhat of a process for me. I would be a strong support to a sister wife, as I so deeply desire to serve God through children in our family. I am wondering if many women have been led through prayer and the word into this lifestyle, and have had complacent husbands as.far.as being timid to commit to plural marriage and look for a second wife. I'd love to offer this to another sister in Christ to share and enrich each other's lives. A sister wife would be so treasured, and I wonder how to get my husband over this final stretch to settle finally on his desire to pursue finding a second wife for our family, and to serve the Lord as He sees fit. Thank you for any thoughts.

Welcome to Biblical Families!

We have a ladies chat on Monday nights, 7.30pm Eastern time. We'd love to have you join us if you're available then.

Welcome @truthseeker1! So glad you decide to sign up. I know you will gain a lot of wisdom from the ladies here.

Welcome @truthseeker1! So glad you decide to sign up. I know you will gain a lot of wisdom from the ladies here.
Thank you kindly! I am truly seeking wisdom to do everything as God leads me to do. I realize a lot of effort goes into plural marriage, so, I am here to learn from everyone who has wisdom in this to offer me, for sure! I love this community of believers, already.

I haven't been here long and I hope to meet others at these retreats I keep hearing of, I've been actively looking for my family and never have I seen very mindful and soulful folks. Also, be able to talk about religion without judgment? Thank the Lord!
Yes, I find this site to be such a blessing to me, already, and I am just new on the site. I had long felt shame for my convictions to seek out the life of polygamy with my husband, but I kept searching and seeking and 5 long years later, and here I am! God is good

Yes, I find this site to be such a blessing to me, already, and I am just new on the site. I had long felt shame for my convictions to seek out the life of polygamy with my husband, but I kept searching and seeking and 5 long years later, and here I am! God is good
Hi and welcome. I believe polygyny is more normal and it's monogamy that is a bit strange to fathom. I don't understand why some women don't see why polygyny is a better option for women. So, on this site, you are not alone in your convictions or thoughts!

Hi and welcome. I believe polygyny is more normal and it's monogamy that is a bit strange to fathom. I don't understand why some women don't see why polygyny is a better option for women. So, on this site, you are not alone in your convictions or thoughts!
Thank you so much for the welcome. I am do thankful tjst this site exists. Seeking this lifestyle alone and in prayer, but so strongly convicted, that I knew it was what I want,.but it's my husband who needs the nudge in my case. I know a beautiful, strong family lies ahead for us, if we just keep slowly moving as God leads. I am seeking His will on this daily. I see so many benefits for the lifestyle than drawbacks. Issues can arise anywhere, in any situation, but with the husband and wives seeking the Lord, there is much beauty in overcoming any difficulty. God bless anyone on here fervently seeking as I am to attain a lifestyle different than the status quo. It's Heaven we should strive for, not the world. So often, we are trying to fit in when we probably have a much higher calling!

I know it's hard waiting when you are so excited about something. I felt like that too before my husband had another wife. I'm glad looking back that I cherished the times it was just the two of us as well. You may be surprised to find that once he has another woman, now you're missing him... lol. I may add that not all men are naturally polygynous... some men do only want monogamy. If that is the case for your husband, will you still be happy...? It's good to be prepared mentally for both so you never feel disappointed either way, but I know it's easier said than done. ;)

I know it's hard waiting when you are so excited about something. I felt like that too before my husband had another wife. I'm glad looking back that I cherished the times it was just the two of us as well. You may be surprised to find that once he has another woman, now you're missing him... lol. I may add that not all men are naturally polygynous... some men do only want monogamy. If that is the case for your husband, will you still be happy...? It's good to be prepared mentally for both so you never feel disappointed either way, but I know it's easier said than done. ;)
You make very valid points, and it is not a decision to make lightly. It would have to be a decision we both felt led to by the Holy Spirit, as I realize it would not be all sunshine. However, anything good often takes the most effort in life. I will just keep praying and seeking His will for our life.

Back