• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

StudentofHim Introduction

Michael Moon

Male
Hello,

I've decided to remain somewhat anonymous, hope that's okay. I will still say a little bit about myself. I am a 19 year old male from the west coast of the US. I'm from a charismatic Christian denomination, and am currently an associate minister at my church.

Around a year ago, when I was finishing my ministerial training, a group of friends and I came to the realization that we had been going about church wrong. We all, through our mutual Bible study group, decided to become what I guess could be classified as "Torah Observant". We are a minority group in our denomination, but have been steadily growing.

Gonna cut to how I found the forum, and why I'd like to stick around:

The group had begun to talk about polygyny, specifically when it popped up in the Bible. We all came to the realization that polygyny was biblical, although some of us were more interested in others. I began looking at figures in the Bible that were clearly practicing polygyny, and then into those that might have been.

A simple web search brought me to a thread on these forums about Boaz. I started poking around the forum, and noticed two men whose YouTube channels I was actually subscribed to. So I decided if I liked their videos, I'd probably like the forum.

So I've been poking around for a little under a week, finally made an account. Hope this was concise enough. God bless.

Welcome!

Welcome to our small group community on the net! :)

Welcome! @FollowingHim2 you don’t know it’s my channel! With a nice young man like this it probably isn’t.
With 1750 subscribers to your channel, Mr. Humility, you're bigger than BF, so I'm backing Sarah's bet.

Welcome, @StudentofHim. I noticed yesterday that you were perusing one of our now-defunct conversations. Please be aware that that particular topic has been brought up over and over and over again, so I'm sure you can find some further thoughts on it around here -- if not, just ask!

Glad you're here.

With 1750 subscribers to your channel, Mr. Humility, you're bigger than BF, so I'm backing Sarah's bet.

Welcome, @StudentofHim. I noticed yesterday that you were perusing one of our now-defunct conversations. Please be aware that that particular topic has been brought up over and over and over again, so I'm sure you can find some further thoughts on it around here -- if not, just ask!

Glad you're here.

I'll be honest, since I discovered this forum it's become daily reading for me. I wonder which topic it is to which you are referring?

There have been a number of threads that I went back and read. I've been using the search feature whenever I have questions, and that hasn't failed so far.

If I do have questions, should I start a thread in the looking for information category? Or try to find a similar thread and ask the question there?

Thanks.

I'll be honest, since I discovered this forum it's become daily reading for me. I wonder which topic it is to which you are referring?

I just went to check -- and now can't find it in your history. I can't even remember the name of the thread, but it was one from 2008 I didn't even know about related to sex between wives. That was 13 years ago, and apparently the conversation was terminated but left here for research purposes.

I don't have any definitive guidance on how to search the site. I prefer to head down rabbit holes myself, and then when I find some other Red Pill People talking about something that interests me, I often join in. I also always keep open 4 tabs in my browser (one for alerts; one for new posts; and one for private conversations).

Again, welcome!

Shalom and welcome

If I do have questions, should I start a thread in the looking for information category? Or try to find a similar thread and ask the question there?
If you have a question you can't find the answer to, ask a thread wherever in the forum seems the most appropriate place for it - you might be the first person to ask quite that thing. If it's been discussed before someone will reply with a link to the old discussion, if not we'll just discuss it now. If you're not sure where would be appropriate, just guess and put it anywhere. The "looking for information" forum is intended for the most basic of questions from people who are new to this idea, and then there are other forums aimed at deeper discussion about specific areas. But it's not particularly clearly organised, so don't stress about where things go.

Incidentally, in case this sounded creepy:
I noticed yesterday that you were perusing one of our now-defunct conversations.
I just went to check -- and now can't find it in your history.
If you click on Keith's name, you'll find out something like "Keith Martin was last seen: Viewing latest content, Today at 8:19 AM", and if you go to his profile page and click "Recent Activity" you'll see all the posts he's liked recently - but not all the things he's been reading. Once you've tried spying on what @Keith Martin is up to, and worked out how little you can find, you'll know how little everyone else can see about what you're up to - and even that can be locked down further by the paranoid! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Hello,

I've decided to remain somewhat anonymous, hope that's okay. I will still say a little bit about myself. I am a 19 year old male from the west coast of the US. I'm from a charismatic Christian denomination, and am currently an associate minister at my church.

Around a year ago, when I was finishing my ministerial training, a group of friends and I came to the realization that we had been going about church wrong. We all, through our mutual Bible study group, decided to become what I guess could be classified as "Torah Observant". We are a minority group in our denomination, but have been steadily growing.

Gonna cut to how I found the forum, and why I'd like to stick around:

The group had begun to talk about polygyny, specifically when it popped up in the Bible. We all came to the realization that polygyny was biblical, although some of us were more interested in others. I began looking at figures in the Bible that were clearly practicing polygyny, and then into those that might have been.

A simple web search brought me to a thread on these forums about Boaz. I started poking around the forum, and noticed two men whose YouTube channels I was actually subscribed to. So I decided if I liked their videos, I'd probably like the forum.

So I've been poking around for a little under a week, finally made an account. Hope this was concise enough. God bless.
Welcome! I'm also from the western US (WA).

Back