• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Stuff that is Abomination

The broader point still being that there are undeniably still dietary restrictions on the New Testament believers and what we’re disagreeing about is the extent of those restrictions.
My Japan talk is a little off track. I brought it up because the issue of food sacrificed to idols can still be relevant.

Nobody considers Halal meat to be "food sacrificed to idols" do they?

Nobody considers Halal meat to be "food sacrificed to idols" do they?
I have encountered people who think this. The problem is that many Christians think that "Allah" is referring to either Satan directly or a false god, so they believe that if you pray to Allah while killing the animal you are offering the animal to a false god. There are a small number of Christian farmers who refuse to sell their animals for slaughter in the mainstream system in NZ for this reason.

When you acknowledge that Allah just means "God" (it's the Arabic variant of Elohim, hence the similar pronunciation), and they are referring to the God of Abraham (the same God we are referring to), you find that the difference between Islam and Christianity is not worship of a different God, but that they believe very wrong things about that God. From that understanding, this is not a sacrifice to an idol. It is simply thanking the Creator for providing an animal for us to eat - but doing so in the context of flawed theology.

Halal is not food sacrificed to idols - but there is a common misconception that it is.

I have encountered people who think this. The problem is that many Christians think that "Allah" is referring to either Satan directly or a false god, so they believe that if you pray to Allah while killing the animal you are offering the animal to a false god. There are a small number of Christian farmers who refuse to sell their animals for slaughter in the mainstream system in NZ for this reason.

When you acknowledge that Allah just means "God" (it's the Arabic variant of Elohim, hence the similar pronunciation), and they are referring to the God of Abraham (the same God we are referring to), you find that the difference between Islam and Christianity is not worship of a different God, but that they believe very wrong things about that God. From that understanding, this is not a sacrifice to an idol. It is simply thanking the Creator for providing an animal for us to eat - but doing so in the context of flawed theology.

Halal is not food sacrificed to idols - but there is a common misconception that it is.
That's also the way I've looked at it.

This is a Pauline epistle. Keep reading. Several chapters later he circles back and says not to eat food sacrifices to idols. He’s adamant that it has no power but don’t eat it anyway.

It’s possible I misunderstood what you were trying to say. Forgive me if so.

Food sacrificed to idols is still food if it's good. The idols are meaningless and so far as I care it's like 'sacrificing' food by putting it in a refrigerator.

Why not eat it if you're hungry?

When you acknowledge that Allah just means "God" (it's the Arabic variant of Elohim, hence the similar pronunciation), and they are referring to the God of Abraham (the same God we are referring to), you find that the difference between Islam and Christianity is not worship of a different God, but that they believe very wrong things about that God.

Allah is not "God" because the God of Abraham would not command the Muslims to kill Jews.

Is Allah general name for God? Or is Allah name for one particular God? Or is it both?

Based on Acts 15 and Revelation 2, I would say we should avoid foods sacrificed to idols, even though the idols themselves are nothing.

"Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. " (Revelation 2:20)

I don't think we have to overly worry ourselves about it, but should generally avoid foods sacrificed to idols.

Here is one example. As some of you know, my wife is Japanese. She was a Christian believer before she ever met me, but the rest of her family are not. Like most Japanese people, they are somewhat casual adherents to both Buddhism and Shintoism. Thet have some connection with Christianity through us, and friends from the church my wife attended in Japan, but have not professed Christ.

At my in-laws house, they have a little shrine set up for the veneration of ancestors, and sometimes burn incense and set up little food offerings (fruit or mochi type stuff). This is a Shinto thing.

I would suggest Christians not eat those foods (I don't think the Japanese do anyway).

Some years back, my father in law died and we were there for the funeral. His funeral was a Buddhist funeral. We, the family all ate a meal together associated with the funeral, and I believe the people who prepared it were Buddhist monks.

Come to think of it, I've also eaten a meal at a Buddhist temple before (as part of a tour bus group).

Were these foods sacrificed to idols? I don't know. (FWIW, these "Buddhist" meals are all vegetarian, and I do think that is relevant.) Not knowing if the food had been offered to idols, I ate the meal and didn't worry too much.

I think that was ok.

I think it would be different if I knew the food had been sacrificed to idols.

I also think great care would be warranted were there weak or immature Japanese Christians present who might be tempted by Buddhism.

The Japanese are so interesting. We had a young woman staying with us for a while to learn English. She told us about their superstitions, and their shrines, and their offerings. It's not really something that they actually believe in, it's more tradition than anything else. She was most surprised in learning about Christianity and that it was something we actually believed was true. She told us no one she knows actually believes in these gods they worship, but it's tradition and respectful to continue to do it.
It is religion of ancestor worship.

I have provided links in next several posts from here:

It is religion of ancestor worship.

I have provided links in next several posts from here:

Correct. Shintoism is basically animism, just the Japanese version of it. It isn't logically consistent with Buddhism, but most Japanese people practice a little of both.

Is Allah general name for God? Or is Allah name for one particular God? Or is it both?
Allah is the Arabic form of Elohim. It is the name that Arabic Christians use for God, and did long before Muhammad. It was also the name that pagan Arabs used for their chief god - so it is a generic word for god used by multiple religions. It was adopted by Muhammad from the existing language used by both the pagans and the Christians, and is still used by Christians today.
Allah is not "God" because the God of Abraham would not command the Muslims to kill Jews.
God would not command that, so the Muslims are wrong about what God commands. But being wrong about what He says does not mean there is suddenly a new god. It just means they're wrong.

Half of this forum say that God commands us not to eat pork, the other say He does not. Does that mean we worship two different gods? Of course not. It just means half of the forum is wrong about what the one God teaches (and we all know it's the other half!) :).
More importantly, Muslims deny that God has a Son. Above all else God is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Once again, they are very wrong on this point.

But what is really interesting is that the Quran comes as close to teaching that God DOES have a son as it is possible to go - then labels him as not a son! Very twisted - but a solid opening for evangelism. The Quran talks about Jesus more than anybody else. It makes a big deal about the virgin birth. It teaches that Jesus, like Adam, came directly from God with no human father. And teaches that Jesus was completely unique among all the prophets because of this. But refuses to use the words "father" and "son" to describe this situation - and makes that semantic difference a capital offence and about the greatest sin they recognise!

It all becomes clear when you simply ask "So who was his father?"

Muslims say that he had no father - and therefore for consistency Adam had no father.
Christians say God was his father (and technically Adam's father too, check the New Testament genealogies, but in a different way). Christians also say that God is our father and we are his sons - again in a different way, but it shows that we are comfortable with this terminology.
This is why Muslims are coming to Jesus in increasing numbers - because Islam steers them towards Jesus. Many former Muslims found their way to Jesus through first studying, and then questioning, the Quran. Then they start reading the Bible and correct the errors that they had learnt from Islam.

But this only happens because Islam is an attempt to worship the same God. If Islam were worshipping an entirely different God, then nobody could be led to Jesus through studying the Quran. They would only be led away from him.

Allah is the Arabic form of Elohim. It is the name that Arabic Christians use for God, and did long before Muhammad. It was also the name that pagan Arabs used for their chief god - so it is a generic word for god used by multiple religions. It was adopted by Muhammad from the existing language used by both the pagans and the Christians, and is still used by Christians today.

God would not command that, so the Muslims are wrong about what God commands. But being wrong about what He says does not mean there is suddenly a new god. It just means they're wrong.

Half of this forum say that God commands us not to eat pork, the other say He does not. Does that mean we worship two different gods? Of course not. It just means half of the forum is wrong about what the one God teaches (and we all know it's the other half!) :).

Once again, they are very wrong on this point.

But what is really interesting is that the Quran comes as close to teaching that God DOES have a son as it is possible to go - then labels him as not a son! Very twisted - but a solid opening for evangelism. The Quran talks about Jesus more than anybody else. It makes a big deal about the virgin birth. It teaches that Jesus, like Adam, came directly from God with no human father. And teaches that Jesus was completely unique among all the prophets because of this. But refuses to use the words "father" and "son" to describe this situation - and makes that semantic difference a capital offence and about the greatest sin they recognise!

It all becomes clear when you simply ask "So who was his father?"

Muslims say that he had no father - and therefore for consistency Adam had no father.
Christians say God was his father (and technically Adam's father too, check the New Testament genealogies, but in a different way). Christians also say that God is our father and we are his sons - again in a different way, but it shows that we are comfortable with this terminology.
This is why Muslims are coming to Jesus in increasing numbers - because Islam steers them towards Jesus. Many former Muslims found their way to Jesus through first studying, and then questioning, the Quran. Then they start reading the Bible and correct the errors that they had learnt from Islam.

But this only happens because Islam is an attempt to worship the same God. If Islam were worshipping an entirely different God, then nobody could be led to Jesus through studying the Quran. They would only be led away from him.
Serious question, because I think that I know the answer but I am not positive.

Has Allah been known to heal?

Reading through the book of Proverbs I see there are a number of things that are specifically spoken of as an abomination to God, so thought I'd add them here:
3:32, For the perverse person is an abomination to the Lord
11:1, Dishonest scales are an abomination to the Lord
11:20, Those who are of a perverse heart are an abomination to the Lord
12:22, Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord
15:8, The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord
15:9, The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord
15:26, The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord
16:5, Everyone proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord
17:15, He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the Lord
20:10, Diverse weights and diverse measures, They are both alike, an abomination to the Lord.

As you look at the world today, there's a lot going on that fits within these verses!

11:1, Dishonest scales are an abomination to the Lord

They are called such over six times in Proverbs alone. (other terms are also used.)

The most damning example is Deuteronomy 25:13++ (note the immediate reference then to Amalek, too.)

And, yes, Yahushua makes the point through more than one parable.

But what most of 'christianity' fails to note is that 100% 'fiat NOT-money' is likewise abomination*, and even (see all the above) carries a curse. Now becoming obvious as the dollar is in the 'terminal phases'.

-----------------------------
* Even the Constitution, back when we had one, forbade what has been happening, increasingly, since 1913. WIth quantum leaps in 1933, 1965, and 1971; virtual free-fall since 2008.

Serious question, because I think that I know the answer but I am not positive.

Has Allah been known to heal?
I presume you mean "have miraculous healings been reported in response to Muslim prayers?". And I honestly have no idea.

To word that question "has Allah been known to heal" preupposes that there is a god called Allah who is different from the god of Abraham, and that is confusion for many reasons.

But what most of 'christianity' fails to note is that 100% 'fiat NOT-money' is likewise abomination
This is very true, it is a dishonest measure. But very hard to avoid.

It is worth keeping in mind that it is a dishonest measure that only benefits the elite class, the rest of us are cheated by it but cannot use it to cheat others. So although we should try to avoid it to avoid being cheated, if we cannot avoid it we are hardly at fault, only victims.

It kinda sounds like you are saying here that it is just a different name for Yahweh.
I am pointing out that Yah heals, whilst their god doesn’t. Allah isn’t just Yah by a different name, even though they presume that he is the God of Abraham.

If there was no being named Allah, I can guarantee that one was provided in the spirit realm.

They are called such over six times in Proverbs alone. (other terms are also used.)

The most damning example is Deuteronomy 25:13++ (note the immediate reference then to Amalek, too.)

And, yes, Yahushua makes the point through more than one parable.

But what most of 'christianity' fails to note is that 100% 'fiat NOT-money' is likewise abomination*, and even (see all the above) carries a curse. Now becoming obvious as the dollar is in the 'terminal phases'.

-----------------------------
* Even the Constitution, back when we had one, forbade what has been happening, increasingly, since 1913. WIth quantum leaps in 1933, 1965, and 1971; virtual free-fall since 2008.
Fiat "money" systems really are criminal. Our privately controlled "fractional reserve fiat money system" is even more fraudulent.

Of course evil men and women are never satisfied, and they are striving to replace it all with a "Central Bank Digital Currency" . That's the dream for the luciferians. They could make our money turn on and off, freeze, or even disappear altogether if anyone doesn't bow the knee.

They could also customize prices. The disabled transgender atheist of color might pay $1, while the able bodied unvaccinated gun owning Christian man might have to pay $5 for the same item.

Unjust weights and measures

Fiat "money" systems really are criminal. Our privately controlled "fractional reserve fiat money system" is even more fraudulent.
I think it is described here in Ezekiel 36:5 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey.
Our debt is the "hooks" that will bring the gog magog invasion. Who has bought trillions of our (completely fraudulent) debt? Who is being played on the other side of the propaganda war over there in Russia? And what land is described later in that prophesy?

The real irony of dishonest, fiat, 'money' (it's really NOT - it is, at best, 'currency')
...is the warning that "the love of MONEY is the root of all evil."

Fiat bucks (likewise, euros, yen, yuan, pounds - EVERY currency on planet earth today, although Putin's ruble is moving in the other direction) aren't "money" at all -
but the love of that crap really IS the root of all evil.

Back