• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Submission of the heart

This one is worth quoting it all Mojo so I'll expand your quote if you don't mind
It's truly a beautiful thing and when my wives submit to me fully I feel all the stress of the world just melt away...
Not at all. Thanks for the expansion:)

I realize that we men have responded a lot here, but i think it adds perspective to all this. This quote is so true @IshChayil . Not having to worry and stress over how our spouse will react to something, or whether or not our spouse will go willingly, and without a fight, allows us men to concentrate on making the journey as comfortable as possible within our power. It frees us to serve and love, not waste energy on disputings.

Not having to worry and stress over how our spouse will react to something, or whether or not our spouse will go willingly, and without a fight, allows us men to concentrate on making the journey as comfortable as possible within our power. It frees us to serve and love, not waste energy on disputings.
Just didn't think it would hurt to say this over and over. A car can't have two steering wheels, a ship can't have two captains, a body can't have two heads. Peace and unity in the home are the foundation of so many other good things....

This is going to come across as a shameless plug, but I don't care. The truth is that one of the best reasons to attend a BF retreat is so you can be in a room full of supportive people and spend time with the ones who can say "yes, I remember what it was like to go through that, and I'm glad I persevered, because I'm better for it and it was worth it".

Final thought: Every mom can relate to the pain of childbirth and the joy of having a child. We go through the bad stuff to get to the good stuff. Keep your eyes on the good stuff.

Never having experienced or even seen a working family model in person has made the journey a little tougher. I so wish I could just into your home for a week and just glean from your wives. Yes, finally having a west coast retreat in the radar is what I have so desperately wanted since the beginning of this journey 2 years ago :)

I can totally relate to the child birth aspect and that idea came to mind the other day (see the labor of love thread)

The power of submission strengthens the man and empowers him to love his wives more. It's truly a beautiful thing and when my wives submit to me fully I feel all the stress of the world just melt away.
I totally see that when I have joy in my heart in submission how at peace my hubs is. I want to get to that place always.. I am trying.
I realize that we men have responded a lot here, but i think it adds perspective to all this.
I appreciate it, and I'm sure @Asforme&myhouse does too. I purposely didn't just stick it on the woman's thread because I wanted everyone's input and encouragement. I want to be his submitted joyful wife of his youth and I am learning how to walk this new life to welcome in another.

I so wish I could just into your home for a week and just glean from your wives.
FWIW, we do stuff like that regularly. Don't know if you could get away for a week, but even a weekend can be refreshing. And if you're patient you can usually snap up a steal of a plane ticket somewhere along the way....

I can totally relate to the child birth aspect and that idea came to mind the other day (see the labor of love thread)
Ah, saw that! Great minds.... ;)

FWIW, we do stuff like that regularly. Don't know if you could get away for a week, but even a weekend can be refreshing. And if you're patient you can usually snap up a steal of a plane ticket somewhere along the way....
I may just have to make this happen!

I may just have to make this happen!
don't know how well it works for within the states, but I used to find killer deals internationally using Kayak.com
They have an app also. Make sure to click to add the +-3 days if you are flexible on your trip to get the best chance of good prices.
I got to Hong Kong from Philippines for under fifty bucks one time (round trip and taxes included).
Another user here told me he stayed at @andrew 's house for a while and learned a lot.

This is what we are deeply lacking in the bible-believing polygamous community .... the cultural wisdom that can be soaked up just by observing or growing up around working models. If a picture paints 1000 words ... how about immersion.

This is what we are deeply lacking in the bible-believing polygamous community .... the cultural wisdom that can be soaked up just by observing or growing up around working models. If a picture paints 1000 words ... how about immersion.
It really is, and this is the main reason the question of intentional community comes up regularly at retreats (and the main reason we have an open home). WOHY, if you could work that out, I'm pretty sure you'd be glad you did....

Something I read today.... commitment that is unprepared to sacrifice is merely compromise in disguise.
Consider your marriage commitment. It costs one's selfishness and deals a heavy blow to our sense of independence, (especially for women). However, the result (hopefully) is a strong marriage. People in the marriage relationship that are not ready to sacrifice for the sake of commitment do not last. We have to "sacrifice" our feelings, time, money, pride and so on.
Our hearts, which most women want to follow, can be wishy-washy (mostly because of the fairy tale doctrine "follow your heart, do what makes you happy"and so on). Our feelings come and go. Our submission of the heart may have to be the act of submission, the sacrifice of our 'happy' feelings.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked:who can know it? Jer. 17:9, Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Eph 5:22 here's a kicker, for me anyway. Obey them that have the rule over you,and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give an account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable unto you. Heb. 13:17' 1Pe 5:5 is a good one too. It's just a 'do it' thing, we choose joy in it or not. Sometimes we overthink things and believe our feelings should propel us. Sorry, the work is in the doing, the result is at the finish line...Maybe I think too black and white to be helpful... God's Word is a great place to go to, especially in discouraging times.

Something I read today.... commitment that is unprepared to sacrifice is merely compromise in disguise.

The whole post is awesome, but that right there.... fantabulous.

Back