• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

suffering from depression

cordbuff

Male
I'm having a difficult time with depression right now, as I posted before wife be left me but she took my dog with her, she wasn't taking care of the dog right and the dog g ot the road and got killed I'm not having any luck finding a girl to even spend time with Let alone of girl that's willing to do polygamous I've just gotten very lonely now due to a stroke I am unable to drive so I'm not able to get out and see anyone so I basically have no friends here. moving out here in the country was a major mistake with my limitations I'm hoping that somebody might have some ideas on finding women dating sites are not working

In most cases movement and socializing are good for that, but (as I noted in the "where to look" discussion) we don't know if you're physically up for it. Certainly when one is depressed it's hard to summon the energy.

Have you contacted the local social services office (or any pastor or priest) to seek help? Might not feel great at first to do so, but depression and social isolation can be a deadly mix — especially for older persons like us. You're a part of the community where you are and as humans we all need a little support from time to time.

...I'm hoping that somebody might have some ideas on finding women...
To be honest buddy i think the last thing you need right now is a girl in your life. You are supposed to be taking care of her, not her taking care of you.

Are you really clinically depressed, as in a doctor has determined that you have a chemical imbalance that causes your brain to default in a depressive state? If so, pray and get help immediately. If you don't know if you're clinically depressed, pray and get help immediately anyway. If you have health benefits, pray and use them. If you don't have benefits, pray and locate some form of social services near you. If you don't know where to start, pray and consider going to the ER (hospital emergency services) and tell them how you feel and you don't know where to get help. And while you're doing all that... pray. Pray for healing. Pray for guidance (and not the guidance you want, where He wants you). Pray for peace. Pray for His Spirit to fill the empty spaces in your soul.

I'll be praying for you as well, right now.

If you are having problems with depression, a relationship with the opposite sex could be more kill than cure.
In addition to the other suggestions, I would consider looking for a replacement for the dog. Their loyalty issues are more supportive.

Ditto on the pooch. I can think of no creature on the face of the planet that is more loyal, loving and lovable than a dog. And.... some can even let you know ahead of time that something is about to happen to you such as a stroke, seizure or heart attack. Some are trained, some do it naturally.

Pray hard.
Maybe, just maybe, there is a lady out there whose dream is to be a caregiver.

Are you involved in a church? If not, I suggest you reach out to one. A church is where we Christians are supposed to encourage one another. Any church worth anything would be happy to send someone to pick you up to attend meetings. You need local fellowship with physically present Christians.

Back