• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer 2022 Family Retreat recap and post-retreat discussion

Keith Martin

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Safely home. Prayers for all of the family still on the road. May Yah bless and guide each of you.

Awesome weekend! Thoughts and details later.

Our crew is also safely home. And praise the Lord we got some desperately needed rain while we were gone. Animals I’ve checked on all accounted for and healthy. Plants all alive. By all reckoning this was a most blessed week.

So sorry to all those who wished they got to come but couldn’t make it. I don’t want you to feel even worse, but it was fan-freakin-tastic. Just needed to be about a week longer 😆

Last edited:
I just broke this into a separate thread, because it's more useful/interesting in the future, then the pre-retreat chatter.

This was a particularly great time I thought, and is already bearing fruit for my family. Key takeaways include the urgency that every feels around 'community' and being prepared (for everything and anything - spiritually and physically). Also, I thought 'unity' as brothers and sisters, while still hearing from God for our own families, was well exemplified by most everyone.

And lots of ideas for the future, keep an eye on the forum as some will become reality: men, we will be doing a video chat soon.

Thanks so much to everyone who made the effort and participated, we know it's a big commitment of time and resources - you are why we do this. You are all 'family'.

This retreat had such a spirit of peace. I think we all needed some of that. A big thank you to all the ladies and men who helped in the dessert baking, kitchen prep, child care and garbage runs. You all made my preparation work come to life!

This retreat had such a spirit of peace. I think we all needed some of that. A big thank you to all the ladies and men who helped in the dessert baking, kitchen prep, child care and garbage runs. You all made my preparation work come to life!
It sure did have a peace. And we thank you lovely ladies for all the hard work in the kitchen and behind the scenes!

Back