• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat 2012 - My experience

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
Re: Summer Retreat 2012

I hope you all have a really great time together. Samuel got away fine this morning so I'm sure he's going to have a blast with you all. I am so jealous that he gets to go and I don't, but not jealous of all the flying to get there!

Wow! What a great weekend. It was so wonderful seeing faces that formerly were only thumbnails. The experience will stay with me forever. The emphasis of Christ on the throne was thrilling, and comforting.

Thanks to all of you whom met and engaged my wife in discussion. She really enjoyed it. She has spoken of little else since we left. Thanks ladies for your fellowship with her. It helped her more than you perhaps know.

God Bless,

Robert Kirkpatrick

PS sorry Brian I had forgotten a handle here.

PSS Friend me on Facebook

I loved each and every one of you - let's do it all again :D

Eternitee

Annette and I made it back home to the Black Bayou about an hour ago. What can I say! The retreat was great, food was good, preaching and sharing was spot on and it was great to meet and put faces to the names here on this message board. Of course Annette will remember the names way better than I will but she is good about helping me along so that when ever we get to the next one ( by the way I will be cooking gumbo at the next retreat we are able to attend ) we make it too, I should have the correct names and faces connected. May the Lord give one and all traveling grace as we all return home over the next few days.

I was hoping to be the first, but guess not. This retreat was absolutely AWESOME!! We absolutely LOVED getting together face to face with some old friends and getting to meet a whole lot of new friends. Whether we had met before or not, it was still like a huge family retreat. Only this time it was more international. Many thanks to everyone who attended for giving us a great time.

Take care and Shalom!

So where will pictures be posted? Hope they will be posted somewhere. I guess I could have taken my own, but I was distracted.

We enjoyed the retreat as well. Not used to staying up so late though... :)

Oh and btw, if we're not already friends on FB, please pm me and I'll shoot you the link.

We just got home, and are still on cloud 9 from the fun, though exhausted from the driving. 2500 miles in 5 days and we are beat! We have some fresh perspective on a few things, some things to continue to pray about and study, but most of all quite happy for the memories of many new friends who are now more than names and avatars, but real people who we hope to fellowship with again soon. Thanks for making us feel so welcome at our first retreat, it surely won't be the last.

Biblical Families Retreats...always the best of times and the best people.

We had a great time and are thankful to be able to connect with new friends and reconnect with the old ones... ;)

DocInKorea said:
Now, what memory will you take away from this retreat weekend?
Doc

The highlight for me was the skits - I have not laughed so hard in a long time.

Our family had a WONDERFUL time at the retreat!

We can't wait to see all our new family/friends again!

Come and see us in PA when you can.

Clyde & family

I wanted to thank everyone that helped, supported us, prayed for us, and made a beautiful wedding. You are all the best...

There are no words to describe the impact this weekend had on me. Personally, I had forgotten what it was like to spend time with people who have so many different stories and so much love. I am grateful to the Benders for continuing to spend the time and effort organizing and putting these retreats together. I am especially in awe of the lady Benders. They worked so hard and made it all seem so easy. I am completely blessed by their acts of selflessness.

It was great to see old friends and to meet new people who will become important to us.

SweetLissa

I had a wonderful time at the retreat, and really enjoyed meeting so many of you. I just wish I had had time to get to know everyone.

God also taught me a lot, He's got me reevaluating a few things in my life. This retreat was a great time connecting with Him, as well as with all of you.

Now I've just got to figure out a way of getting the family to one! :)

Back