• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Superbugs in pork

It has been so long since pork has been in my diet if I mistakenly eat it within 30 min I am running.... I try very hard to make sure I never eat it.

It’s an animal welfare group, more of a hit piece on eating anything with a face.
I think that this is mostly a camels nose under the tent wall, but the reason that I posted it is that there seems to have been found superbugs in some pork. This might be the start of a trend in pork?
Will more be found in other meat? I think that we can count on the anti-meat people to keep us posted.

All meat at walmart is loaded with hormones. It is causing children's bodies to mature too fast and will also mess with a womans aging issues too.

So @steve I really would like to know what diet you maintain while operating your business. I am like you and have to eat on the run and I am wondering how you maintain a strick diet when you don't have access to a home everyday.

So @steve I really would like to know what diet you maintain while operating your business. I am like you and have to eat on the run and I am wondering how you maintain a strick diet when you don't have access to a home everyday.
I have a twelve volt cooler and a crockpot that runs off of an inverter.
Breakfast is a banana mashed up in some plain yogurt with some frozen blueberries. The blueberries don’t stay frozen and they last about a week in the cooler.
The crockpot I treat like the perpetual stews that some of the indians had. I just boil it every day and keep adding veggies, rice and beans to keep it going. As long as I boil it each day it doesn’t spoil. I keep meat in the cooler and cut up about an eighth of a pound and put the hot stew over it. Often it’s steak tartare. Steak lasts the longest in the cooler with the help of some added vinegar.
Good Dave’s non-gmo bread or the equivalent is readily available nowadays. Good cheeses for sandwiches.
I can generally get to a grocery store about once a week.

I understand this can be a Hot Topic, but there reason why Yahweh commanded his followers to not eat. And remember there is nowhere in the Holy scriptures in context that justifies eating the unclean animal it can't be found it does not exist.

I have a twelve volt cooler and a crockpot that runs off of an inverter.
Breakfast is a banana mashed up in some plain yogurt with some frozen blueberries. The blueberries don’t stay frozen and they last about a week in the cooler.
The crockpot I treat like the perpetual stews that some of the indians had. I just boil it every day and keep adding veggies, rice and beans to keep it going. As long as I boil it each day it doesn’t spoil. I keep meat in the cooler and cut up about an eighth of a pound and put the hot stew over it. Often it’s steak tartare. Steak lasts the longest in the cooler with the help of some added vinegar.
Good Dave’s non-gmo bread or the equivalent is readily available nowadays. Good cheeses for sandwiches.
I can generally get to a grocery store about once a week.

Thanks, your routine does give me ideas. Especially about preparing a long term meal that would last, say a week at a time. I don't have access to refrigerators or heating so that's why I am stuck with ham sandwiches everyday. I tried turkey but they are really dry. I would prefer to eat a better meal especially around lunch but I don't have time and ham seems to be the best option. Not the greatest but the best. Thanks for the ideas.

I understand this can be a Hot Topic, but there reason why Yahweh commanded his followers to not eat. And remember there is nowhere in the Holy scriptures in context that justifies eating the unclean animal it can't be found it does not exist.
I agree, but I didn’t post this to further that point. Most people have made their decision about unclean meats.
This posting was simply about superbugs that have been found in pork.

@Cap the Hot Logic folks have a 12 volt heater that might be good in some circumstances.

I am not a fan of antibiotics, in the first place. In my food, meh! No biggie! But taken orally or injected,....only as a last resort.

No this isn't a problem limited to Walmart, nor is it why God prohibited pork in the Torah. These superbugs are a symptom of the confinement system used to raise pigs that entails keeping them in filthy conditions and feeding them various growth promotants and antibiotics. There have been others studies likewise finding very high levels of resistant bugs from other retailers; this is a consistent, long term problem.

But if you buy traditionally raised pastured pork that has been fed cleanly and not medicated you won't have these problems. Not only are such pigs not major carriers for superbugs (if at all), pastured pigs also shed much lower levels of more common bugs like salmonella (something you can get from things like beef and chicken too, pork isn't uniquely prone to bad bugs).

We shall see what the future holds.

Thanks, your routine does give me ideas. Especially about preparing a long term meal that would last, say a week at a time. I don't have access to refrigerators or heating so that's why I am stuck with ham sandwiches everyday. I tried turkey but they are really dry. I would prefer to eat a better meal especially around lunch but I don't have time and ham seems to be the best option. Not the greatest but the best. Thanks for the ideas.
Buy a 1kg or 2lb block of hard cheese (e.g. cheddar, whatever is cheap) and a bag of apples. Both will last a week at room temperature, and the cheese only tastes better the longer it stays warm. Hard cheese was invented to preserve milk.
Break off a hunk of cheese, grab a handful of apples, and eat a bite of cheese and a bite of apple until you're full. Cheese and apple eaten together are delicious.
Five lunches for minimal cost, no preparation, no need for utensils (just eat with your hands), and a balanced diet of nutritious fresh fruit, protein and fat, with no carbohydrates.
Vary it by adding some bread (to eat over the first 2 days of the week), changing the fruit, adding some beef jerky or whatever as an occasional treat, try different cheese... It's a basic staple to build on.
If you want tomato sandwiches in summer, buy bread rolls and tomatoes, again eat a bite of bread and a bite of tomato. Tomato sandwiches without making the sandwiches!
That's how I used to eat at my last job. Everybody in the tearoom thought I was crazy, but I ate well.
I'm not recommending this to Steve to eat 24/7, but I do recommend it for lunches!

Back