• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Take care of the widows and orphans,, what does that mean?

Re: Take care of the widows and orphans,, what does that mea

OK, you both made me giggle with your responses, Cecil, you always say something serious in such a fun way that cheers me and you are right about Ruth's chutzpah!!! Doc, we widows can hear you knocking even from Korea, but given you are so far away you cant just "knock three times on the ceiling" as in the 70's song, so my advice knock on the internet instead I guess, lol!!!

My goodness lighthearted again for me that is good!!!

Jen M

Well, Lights ...

Cheaptickets.com, $1,152 round trip, NYC to Seoul ... :lol:

Seems a reasonable investment ...

Sir BumbleBerry, Doc's BF Yenta

CecilW said:
Well, Lights ...

Cheaptickets.com, $1,152 round trip, NYC to Seoul ... :lol:

Seems a reasonable investment ...

Sir BumbleBerry, Doc's BF Yenta

OK first of all your new picture is great...I literally laughed out loud, loved it... and as much as I wish I would love to afford to travel to Seoul or anywhere for that matter.. us poor widows (tear) have to pay the rent first...I think the kids would prefer that ( tearx2)

You make a wonderful Yenta!!!
lol

Jen M.

Well, I DEFINITELY got a hat! We could pass it around for the poor widow ... *tear*

$855 from LAX. Maybe we could get a cheap round trip NYC<->LAX. Would help. Sorry, Lights and Doc. This is too much fun!

alright children :cool: Back to the subject!!!! ok,,, what were we talking about? monkeys?

mo.nurse said:
alright children :cool: Back to the subject!!!! ok,,, what were we talking about? monkeys?

The monkey part is from the picture posted on the other forum I believe...we, however are speaking of the expense of a trip to Korea...

Lights, you are a healthcare professional... perhaps the Lord is calling you on an overseas mission to Korea, where you will meet your new husband and protector????

One other fabulous benefit of reading this forum is my renewed interest in picking up my Bible: I've had to literally look up the references mentioned here.... and last night I packed it with me in my babysiitting bag, because I specifically had a "craving" to read myself a bedtime story--- the story of Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz. Don't get me wrong--- I've read the Bible cover to cover, and studied indepth, but it's been a year, so high time to resume. :cool:

You know it is generally legal to marry a consenting orphan 18 or older?

Did you know in Ezsekiel 16 God might have in some sense or another married a female orphan

Back