• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Testosterone killing and Estrogen increasing chemicals

NS4Liberty

Male
Scary stuff. I have suspected for a while now my T is on the low side. Testing is expensive, so I don't know for sure, but this video makes it seem even more likely.

Fortunately it’s easy to counteract low testosterone. Eliminate the chemicals, eat meat, get exercise, achieve even the smallest of accomplishments and find some way to compete against other men in something. You’ll see fairly substantial improvements rapidly.

I think the best indicator of low testosterone is inability to recover from strenuous exercise. This would be a no cost alternative to paying $100 at labcorp or a similar testing facility. Try 100 air squats in a row without stopping. Force yourself to do it. You want to go to the point where you can't walk well and or feel like you have rubber legs. If the next day you feel fine. Your testosterone levels are quite high. If you're sore or can't walk for more than a day, you have low testosterone. If you have proper levels of testosterone, you should really be able to recover from exercise within about 24 hours. So one day of sore is fine. Two days of sore is suspect. If you're having issues for a string of days after strenuous exercise, you likely have low testosterone. If you're in really good shape, you may need to do more strenuous exercise for this to be an effective test.

I think the best indicator of low testosterone is inability to recover from strenuous exercise. This would be a no cost alternative to paying $100 at labcorp or a similar testing facility. Try 100 air squats in a row without stopping. Force yourself to do it. You want to go to the point where you can't walk well and or feel like you have rubber legs. If the next day you feel fine. Your testosterone levels are quite high. If you're sore or can't walk for more than a day, you have low testosterone. If you have proper levels of testosterone, you should really be able to recover from exercise within about 24 hours. So one day of sore is fine. Two days of sore is suspect. If you're having issues for a string of days after strenuous exercise, you likely have low testosterone. If you're in really good shape, you may need to do more strenuous exercise for this to be an effective test.
Nah, when I’m not routinely exercising If I do something like that I’d need 3 days recovery. Taking collagen flips that to next day recovery. My testosterone levels are at the upper limit of normal ranges between 1100-1500 ng/dl. Most teenagers don’t have levels like that.

Only way to know is to get a test done. And tests aren’t really that expensive. $150 for total and free Test, plus ultrasensitive Estradiol (E2) assay.

For anybody who wants to talk endocrinology stuff. My doctor said I know more about endocrinology than most endocrinologists he knows. I’d be happy to chat via PM.

Nah, when I’m not routinely exercising If I do something like that I’d need 3 days recovery. Taking collagen flips that to next day recovery. My testosterone levels are at the upper limit of normal ranges between 1100-1500 ng/dl. Most teenagers don’t have levels like that.
Define recovery. I've been on both sides of the equation, low testosterone and high testosterone. Inability to recover, like I couldn't hardly walk or move for 3-5 days after a couple hours of extremely aggressive mat time was the biggest difference noticed. High testosterone, I have zero issues. I went to a competitive BJJ/MMA school and it was my coach who told me I needed to get it checked out. He could told me he could tell simply by my inability to recover. He was correct in my case. Side note, I'd be interested to read the research in regard to testosterone not effecting exercise recovery. Also any research about collagen's effect on aiding in recovery. To be clear I'm genuinely interested in the topic--not trying to debate. Do you have any sources you could point me toward?

I didn’t say testosterone had no effect on recovery but it’s certainly not the causative reason for poor recovery. The main reasons for long recovery time are body condition. How adapted your muscles are to the work. Get used to the work and you won’t be sore at 400 ng/dl. Get used to the work and you won’t be sore at 1500 ng/dl.

My point was “being sore” is in no way a definite diagnostic tool for determining low testosterone and shouldn’t be used as such.

The collagen thing was just anecdotal. My experience has been using a collagen recovery mix post workout was a game changer. We use Vital Protiens Recovery. Massive difference in recovery time.

Get tested. Absolutely!

Get fit, absolutely!

Currently in the middle of a massive marathon of work appointments and travel so I don’t have time to look up white papers. One of my favorite channels is Derek’s channel MPMD on YouTube.
Language warning though! He drops the F bomb like Obama did real ones.

Last edited:
I didn’t say testosterone had no effect on recovery but it’s certainly not the causative reason for poor recovery. The main reasons for long recovery time are body condition. How adapted your muscles are to the work. Get used to the work and you won’t be sore at 400 ng/dl. Get used to the work and you won’t be sore at 1500 ng/dl.

My point was “being sore” is in no way a definite diagnostic tool for determining low testosterone and shouldn’t be used as such.

The collagen thing was just anecdotal. My experience has been using a collagen recovery mix post workout was a game changer. We use Vital Protiens Recovery. Massive difference in recovery time.

Get tested. Absolutely!

Get fit, absolutely!

Currently in the middle of a massive marathon of work appointments and travel so I don’t have time to look up white papers. One of my favorite channels is Derek’s channel MPMD on YouTube.
Language warning though! He drops the F bomb like Obama did real ones.
I was at 180ng/dl. I don't think you could find an endocrinologist who would say you have anything wrong with you at 400 ng/dl. Even at sub 200 they all said I was fine--I think I went through 5 doctors. "No pathology" is all the multitude of MD's would say. In the end, I had to figure it out on my own.

What I can say for certain is that I was consistently active. I wasn't sore because I hadn't been exercising. My body gradually became less and less able to recover from strenuous exercise. To be clear, I'm no expert on any of this. What I do know is that my coach who pointed out the problem was a world champion Muay Thai fighter (won the King's cup in Thailand) and had either been a professional athlete or had been training top tier MMA (at least 2 UFC champs) and Muay Thai fighters since the early 90's. I'm sure his knowledge is mostly anecdotal but he's the one who told me that inability to recover is a big red flag that someone is having testosterone issues. In my case he was right. It also disappeared when I got my testosterone back in check.

I'll check out that YT channel.

I was at 180ng/dl. I don't think you could find an endocrinologist who would say you have anything wrong with you at 400 ng/dl. Even at sub 200 they all said I was fine--I think I went through 5 doctors. "No pathology" is all the multitude of MD's would say. In the end, I had to figure it out on my own.

What I can say for certain is that I was consistently active. I wasn't sore because I hadn't been exercising. My body gradually became less and less able to recover from strenuous exercise. To be clear, I'm no expert on any of this. What I do know is that my coach who pointed out the problem was a world champion Muay Thai fighter (won the King's cup in Thailand) and had either been a professional athlete or had been training top tier MMA (at least 2 UFC champs) and Muay Thai fighters since the early 90's. I'm sure his knowledge is mostly anecdotal but he's the one who told me that inability to recover is a big red flag that someone is having testosterone issues. In my case he was right. It also disappeared when I got my testosterone back in check.

I'll check out that YT channel.
I should also probably add that when I say unable to recover, I could interchange feeling like I was run over by a truck. That would also be a fair statement of what I'm talking about. Can't walk. Can't move. Can't sleep. Everything hurts. Bones hurt. Joints hurt. Moving like you're a hundred year old man. I'm not talking about DOMS. Generally, in my experience, you can just push through muscle soreness. This is something different. It's a near complete inability to recover from strenuous exercise. Also, any minor sport induced injury took forever to heal.

I should also probably add that when I say unable to recover, I could interchange feeling like I was run over by a truck. That would also be a fair statement of what I'm talking about. Can't walk. Can't move. Can't sleep. Everything hurts. Bones hurt. Joints hurt. Moving like you're a hundred year old man. I'm not talking about DOMS. Generally, in my experience, you can just push through muscle soreness. This is something different. It's a near complete inability to recover from strenuous exercise. Also, any minor sport induced injury took forever to heal.
Ok yeah that sounds way more severe than anything I’ve ever experienced. Glad you got checked and got it fixed! And yeah at 180… dang man. That’s low!

I made it 60 seconds before I stopped it so I could show my wife.

An organic garden far away from everything is priceless. That, and maybe someday actually being able to elect people that care in the least about your health or well-being.

...gardening it is.

I used the VA to test my T levels. They didn't give me a number, but said they are on the low end of normal and are referring me to a urologist.

Try lifestyle changes before they put you on replacement therapy.
This!

Fadogia agrestis, Tongkat ali, tribulus terrestris, pine pollen, up your protein and fat, and cut out sugar and simple carbs. Get into HIIT (High intensity inerval training). And get into a competitive sport or martial art, combative wins will spike Testosterone.

I have been wanting to go carnivore for a while now. It would be tough on our budget, but I have heard you end up eating less, so it all works out in the end.

I have been wanting to go carnivore for a while now. It would be tough on our budget, but I have heard you end up eating less, so it all works out in the end.
It’s surprisingly budget neutral. Once you start comparing price per ounce or pound you get really angry. Chicken, hamburger and on sale meat is all cheaper than a shocking amount of foods by weight.

I bet if you added up the cost of all the junk you eat, you'd be surprised. Ground beef, ground and sliced brisket, chicken, turkey. Think of how many days you could eat on a whole turkey and compare that to a couple boxes of Cheez-its and some pasta, sauces, and other snacks.
I've done the number crunching and it's crazy...

Back