• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Texarkana Retreat 2015

julieb

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
It was a great time of worship, teaching and fellowship but actually I think the children had the best time. :) I know our kids really enjoyed seeing their friends again. A big thank you to the teenagers for stepping up and helping with the younger kids at various times. I really appreciated that. Also, thank you to all who helped with the "light" dinner on Saturday night. Thank you Foster's for sharing your cheese! A special thanks to Ginny for sharing her heart during the women's time. It was very encouraging, thank you for being brave.

I'm in total agreement with all the sentiments expressed by Julie. The teens were an awesome bunch. So pleasant and mature. Ginny was a pure example of the honest transparent woman we admire. No need to hide and pretend the beginning emotions were anything but what they really were in her women's session talk. I hold her in the highest esteem for her honesty and braveness. We should all take her lead in freely owning our own part in the rough road that often begins these plural marriages. Hats off to you, Ginny, for you bring us great gifts and I thank God for you! I was personally touched with the way Ron and Bob handled our recommittment of vows. Our dedication to one another didnt make it necessary to restate, but the format may prove helpful to others in the future.......because the dedication of sister wives to "work together for the good of the whole" cannot be over stated.

I also agree with Julie and Jan about the retreat and the help of the teens and Ginny in the women's meeting. This was a wonderful time of fellowship and sharing with old friends and making new ones. I loved the worship music and love of the Lord in our gatherings. The communion is always a precious time for me and makes me feel a part of all the brethren that are gathered together. And for the three of us (Ron, Jan, and myself) the recommitment of our marriages to Ron and then the pledging of Jan's and my sisterhood, one to another, meant so much to each of us. Thank you, Bob, for helping us with the whole ceremony and being there for us. This was a repeat of our original covenant with each other and with God. We loved sharing this blessed time with all that were there and thank each and everyone!

Back