• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Texas Residents

DavidKR

I am wondering if there are any Texas residents in plural marriage or working on it or such. I think what is hard is not having others around you.

"Dave" :idea:

DavidKR said:
I am wondering if there are any Texas residents in plural marriage or working on it or such. I think what is hard is not having others around you.

Dave, there are a few Texans that practice poly, or believe in it, but we are spread out.

Brother Dave,
I aint in Texas......but am right next door.

DavidKR said:

I'm in northeastern Texas, about 90 minutes from the Dallas area, so I'm not sure if that's near you. I'm what you might call a "non-practicing polygynist", in that I understand Biblical marriage includes polygyny and I recognize I'm entitled to more wives if I wished, but I also happen to have one wife for now. God has blessed my wife and I with many close friends who have all studied Scripture together and have come to understand God's definition of marriage. It can be hard when you have few people you can talk openly about controversial subjects like this, but you might consider opening up a Bible study group with some friends. We've tackled many difficult Bible subjects over the course of the past decade and have all learned a lot. In addition to learning more about God's Word, it helps to have close friends to keep ourselves accountable to one another, to ask questions of, etc. Something to pray about...

David

Back