• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Texas retreat Jan 20-22nd, 2023 - a great time in Houston

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Sorry guys, this isn't a new male stripper routine that you can use at home.

Instead it's a proposal of a date for our next retreat: January 20-22nd, 2023, somewhere in Texas. Given that it's January, and I hear ice storms happen like every week in Texas, we're leaning towards something south of Waco, but that still leaves about a million square miles to pick from. Prices of hotels will be a major factor, bribes may also be accepted to consider your hometown.

We'll try to nail location in September, and the date is likely to stick unless there's something major that I'm not aware of right now, like NFL playoff games that weeken... oh, looks like Sunday lunch is at a sports bar.

If someone knows somewhere besides a hotel meeting room that we should consider, bring it forward soon.
And add it to your calendar now!

See you then!

Instead it's a proposal of a date for our next retreat: January 20-22nd, 2023, somewhere in Texas. Given that it's January, and I hear ice storms happen like every week in Texas, we're leaning towards something south of Waco, but that still leaves about a million square miles to pick from.
Thanks for scheduling this on my 69th birthday!

And Texas doesn't have ice storms every year, much less the kind of major one that happened in early February 2021 -- but I'll go ANYWHERE in Texas!

When I was working on attempting a summer retreat in Texas some years ago, I found two hotels in Denton County (northern edge of the MetroPlex) with great campgrounds and RV parks in very close proximity -- that were entirely nonplussed that we are a group that supports biblical polygamy (didn't give them the name, and, ultimately, no contracts were produced). Both stated that they completely refrain from judging the nature of the conference attendees as long as there's no blatantly disruptive behavior. I suspect this will increasingly be the case as hotels suffer for business and/or do their best to avoid the slings and arrows of the social warrior wokesters.

Just let me know if you want me to run point on obtaining a venue.

And Texas doesn't have ice storms every year, much less the kind of major one that happened in early February 2021 -- but I'll go ANYWHERE in Texas!
I was going to make this same point. For some reason I thought we were aiming more into the NE sector to shorten the drive from surrounding states, and our winters are typically pretty mild. But that said, I'm up for whatever and will help any way I can.

I was going to make this same point. For some reason I thought we were aiming more into the NE sector to shorten the drive from surrounding states, and our winters are typically pretty mild. But that said, I'm up for whatever and will help any way I can.
Nice to see you back here! You were missed!

Thanks, Jolene! Nice to be back! I'll still be focused mostly on the ground game, but I'll be in and out of the forum as well. Hope to see you soon!

Sorry guys, this isn't a new male stripper routine that you can use at home.

Instead it's a proposal of a date for our next retreat: January 20-22nd, 2023, somewhere in Texas. Given that it's January, and I hear ice storms happen like every week in Texas, we're leaning towards something south of Waco, but that still leaves about a million square miles to pick from. Prices of hotels will be a major factor, bribes may also be accepted to consider your hometown.

We'll try to nail location in September, and the date is likely to stick unless there's something major that I'm not aware of right now, like NFL playoff games that weeken... oh, looks like Sunday lunch is at a sports bar.

If someone knows somewhere besides a hotel meeting room that we should consider, bring it forward soon.
And add it to your calendar now!

See you then!
Could we makes sure it is fairly close to a airport . Especially if it is south texas.

Back