• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

TEXAS RETREAT?

Paul,
PM welltan He is organizing this one along with Mr. KScouple. I will be at the June retreat in OK, but unfortunately my family will have left me by then to go to their other lives.

SweetLissa

Okay,
It wasn't in Texas. And it wasn't really a retreat, in the classic sense. It was a wonderful relaxing time with friends who we can be ourselves with. The cabin was in a beautiful state park and there was God's work all around us. We went walking, we sat in a hot tub, we ate and we slept. Me--I slept a glorious 11 hours straight one night. The only time I woke up was when my cell phone rang at 3 am. Of course it was daPastor and of course I missed talking to him, but I just don't get rest like that anymore. Talk about heaven.

We saw evidence of God's power when we went walking and saw bridges out from powerful storms that had gone through. We spent time talking, praying and just becoming friends. In the end, I believe that this was a wonderful experience. More structured retreats are necessary, but this one made a mark on me in terms of being exactly what I needed when I needed it.

Thanks so much to welltan and his beautiful, charming, witty and definitely visible wife. You two are amazing. Thanks to EA and the wife of KS Couple for the fantastic food that just kept coming and coming. Whose idea was it to give the guys breakfast in the hot tub?

It was an amazing visit and next time it would be wonderful if more people could come and be a part of it.

SweetLissa

I have never been able to get anyone together for meetings. I am trying to plan a get together in Fort Worth for Saturday, July 18. There is a family south of Ft. Worth, a family right next to Fort Worth and another one in Fort Worth. So I was thinking we could find a place to have a picnic maybe and some fellowship.

I am hungry for fellowship.

SweetLissa

yea me too..im in southeast texas but might be able to make a dinner on a saturday in ft.worth..wish there where more people in austin..let me know for sure..I will be off that weekend

Back