• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thank you to everyone for prayers!

kacylynn

Real Person
Hi all, Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU to everyone for your prayers for our daughter and our family. We have been so overwhelmed in the past week by all of the prayers and well wishes sent our way. For those who are unaware, I gave birth last week to our daughter at 31 weeks gestation. She weighed a little less than 3 lbs at birth. Unfortunately she will have to remain in the NICU for the next 4 or so weeks, but she is doing GREAT!! Gaining weight, only recieving oxygen via nasal cannula (and never had to go on a ventilator - thank you Heavenly Father!!) and able to take feedings of breastmilk already. Chris and I feel strongly that the reason she is doing so well is all of the prayers that are being said for her. Again, THANK YOU so much and please continue praying!! I can't wait to post a picture of us taking her home very soon!!!!
:) Kacy

Thanks for the update Kacy, we prayed for Erica, you, and Chris at our Orlando get-together this weekend, and will continue to lift her up. We look forward to hearing she's home by the end of June! God bless you guys!

Congratulations, Kacy! I'm so glad that your daughter is doing well. I know (from personal experience, unfortunately) that the NICU is not where y'all want to be, but I'm sure she's being well cared for. Keep giving her that "liquid gold" (breastmilk)!

A note of encouragement: If your daughter does have to go on a ventilator, don't think it's the end of the world. It's just a step another towards the goal of getting her home, healthy and happy.

Much love and prayers,
Katie

I know it is a bit late but I wanted to give my personal well wishes to you and Chris. Congratualtions on a wonderful baby girl! The beginning might seem tough but I know the Lord has great and wonderful things in store for Erica. She is one luck little girl to have such caring and loving parents! Our prayers will continue to be with you all and like Duet30 said keep that breastmilk flowing, it is a good thing. :)

Hope for the future,
Julieb

I'll be praying for you and your precious little one.

Back