• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

That the older women would teach...

Well loved wife

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
My intention for this thread is to share what we know, our own experiences or interesting tidbits we come across to help teach each other. There’s not a lot of older women teaching our generation or younger then us how to love our husbands and what submission looks like.
I don’t agree with everything she teaches on her blog, but she’s pretty right-on on a lot of things.
Here’s a link on being a submissive wife.
https://thetransformedwife.com/abandoned-in-the-love-of-submission/

It’s a quick read and fairly basic, but good.
The comments are interesting!

I've been seeking advice from wise women but its hard to come by. I'd love to know how you all balance children and marriage. I'm a fairly new mother and any tips are helpful.

I just now read the post and it was good. It reminds me of hearing Derek Prince say in a teaching once that he was trying to help this couple but she wouldn't submit and he wouldn't be loving so finally he told them and he would no longer councel them since they were refusing to obey basic instruction. And that become something he stuck to, he wouldn't waste his time on people refusing to act biblically. I also heard him say that at one point in his counceling people it occured to him that they had a lot of counceling books that weren't biblical and he made sure all of them were thrown away because worldly counceling is not the same as Biblical counceling.

I've been seeking advice from wise women but its hard to come by. I'd love to know how you all balance children and marriage. I'm a fairly new mother and any tips are helpful.
I’m being goofy with this reply, I don’t have enough time at the moment to share, except COFFEE AND SNICKERS, lots and lots of coffee;). Do today what you don’t want to do tomorrow....
I’m hoping to make a more practical reply soon!!

Balance is an allusion, so I’ve been told.
Worry more about priorities and keeping things (and people) decently and in order. (I’m not teaching a doctrine, this verse helps me reevaluate my time, my family, and me when I’m dealing with overwhelm).
One thing we did was put our kids to bed at 7:00/7:30 p.m. most nights. This gave my husband and I time to ‘be married’ and it not be midnight before we could have a complete conversation or have fun snuggling on the couch. There’s such a pull to be full on Mom and be distracted from your man, but arranging your day to revolve around him and his work/time schedule will make a difference. (Also, YOU don’t have to be the source of their entertainment.). When my hubby came home from work, our time was his. So I tried to have three must important things done first thing in the morning. It makes it hard to keep up on chores and school, but those things can get caught up on or dismissed for real life. Something I see that saddens me is, when the children start showing up the husband is neglected or put to the back burner. Don’t let that happen. Simply evaluate your day and what or who is causing issues.
For me, time in the evening was such a struggle, I was wore out, kids were on my last nerve...I worked on that issue and it made a huge difference, then worked on other things- I made dinner at lunchtime. That was a game changer- the kitchen was cleaned up and ready for my husband to walk into a no mess situation, I used my highest point of energy to do what I didn’t want to do later. Kids can wash the dishes after the meal because the dishes were then minimal...
gotta go for now.

Last edited:
A quick story on submission.
My husband and I were considering joining a church years ago. I really wanted to join, my husband wasn’t in a hurry due to something’s not feeling right. I spoke to a lady about it and told her I really hope my husband decides for us to join soon. Her comment was, If you feel this is where you’re supposed to be then maybe you should join and let the Holy Spirit work on him. (I don’t remember exact words from her). My jaw may have dropped-I was pretty newly married, but I KNEW that was not sound advice. I felt like a kid in trouble and really didn’t know what to do or say. I finally blurted out, I don’t think I could live with myself by making a decision like that, I want God to let us know through my husband... I think that was my first head on conversation and real life experience in submitting to my Mr. Incredible.
Oh! we never joined the church, my husband’s “feelers” we’re right, it wasn’t the place we were supposed to be.

Balance is an allusion, so I’ve been told.
Worry more about priorities and keeping things (and people) decently and in order. (I’m not teaching a doctrine, this verse helps me reevaluate my time, my family, and me when I’m dealing with overwhelm).
One thing we did was put our kids to bed at 7:00/7:30 p.m. most nights. This gave my husband and I time to ‘be married’ and it not be midnight before we could have a complete conversation or have fun snuggling on the couch. There’s such a pull to be full on Mom and be distracted from your man, but arranging your day to revolve around him and his work/time schedule will make a difference. (Also, YOU don’t have to be the source of their entertainment.). When my hubby came home from work, our time was his. So I tried to have three must important things done first thing in the morning. It makes it hard to keep up on chores and school, but those things can get caught up on or dismissed for real life. Something I see that saddens me is, when the children start showing up the husband is neglected or put to the back burner. Don’t let that happen. Simply evaluate your day and what or who is causing issues.
For me, time in the evening was such a struggle, I was wore out, kids were on my last nerve...I worked on that issue and it made a huge difference, then worked on other things- I made dinner at lunchtime. That was a game changer- the kitchen was cleaned up and ready for my husband to walk into a no mess situation, I used my highest point of energy to do what I didn’t want to do later. Kids can wash the dishes after the meal because the dishes were then minimal...
gotta go for now.
Thank you! Very helpful advice.

And to the coffee and snickers... thank you!! I went and made some coffee. Lol . I'm not a coffee drinker.. but my mother and law left some here. I think I may try it on those days where I've had little to no sleep and drag myself around.

Back