• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The awkward silence on this thread is too much!

Lanora115

Real Person
Female
I keep waiting for somebody else to make the first post but apparently that's not going to happen....so this is me awkwardly breaking the silent! :p

Haha! :p

I'll be second to post. Hi!

I've thought about posting on here, but I honestly didn't know what would be interesting to y'all. :)

Silence is only awkward after about 3 to 6 seconds of it. Or if someone makes it awkward. This thread was quite for a while which makes it more then awkward. It's more, uncomfortable.

I was about ready to tell you you could make multiple accounts, and talk to yourself, and it would look like people were actually talking on here.;) It looks like there is some activity now.

That is true and you could do that. But after a while people would be able to sense a pattern. You would need to stagger the replies to a few minutes to maybe an hour to make it seem like it's not you. And change the personality style of the writing to make it seem less like the same person.

Exactly!
I kept asking myself what do young folks even talk about? :confused:
We young folk talk about anything from books to Art. Honestly for me, I like to write and talk about different things. I'm pretty much open to anything.

We young folk talk about anything from books to Art. Honestly for me, I like to write and talk about different things. I'm pretty much open to anything.
I hear what you're saying. What stopped me from posting about any of those things was almost all of those threads like
music, books, movies, and art, already exists.
But on the other hand, there's no reason why they can't exist here too :)

I hear what you're saying. What stopped me from posting about any of those things was almost all of those threads like
music, books, movies, and art, already exists.
But on the other hand, there's no reason why they can't exist here too :)
Fair enough. Hmmmm, perhaps we should talk about something that hasn't been spoken of yet. Are there any topics you would be interested in discussing?

Hobbies and interests anyone?
Reading and writing are mostly my hobbies, Along with a some gaming. Interests. Whew, I could go for days going though interests, but here's a few. I really like dragons, just the concept is amazing. Really, most myth or legend interests me. I could go on for hours discussing most legend.

Art fascinates me, I could watch somebody draw all day.
Some politics (I like to know what's going on).
Gardening, we are doing raised beds for a Winter Garden this year and I find it exiting!
I like to read, so books are definitely on my list (old books).
Animals.
Tinny houses....;)

Reading and writing are mostly my hobbies, Along with a some gaming. Interests. Whew, I could go for days going though interests, but here's a few. I really like dragons, just the concept is amazing. Really, most myth or legend interests me. I could go on for hours discussing most legend.
I really like reading, working with wood, and Jiu Jitsu. Those would be my top three, not necessarily in that order.
Interests are the same for me, as far as I could go on for a long time. I really like ancient history (which for me also includes biblical history). Myths and legends are related, seeing as how they typically come from ancient history.
I also like dragons (dinosaurs), but I don't buy into the evolutionary story. I just see them as really big lizards, that we no longer have around for the most part.

I was thinking of posting on here, but I didn't see what topic would benefit from only being discussed only by a certain age group. It seems to make more sense to have a thread devoted to topics that concern younger adults which everyone can participate in.

And I'll be 26 in a few months anyway!

@Joseph R I've made some games, but of course I don't know if they are the kind you are interested in.
@Lanora115 have you read The Not So Big House Book? It's pretty interesting.
@AmbassadorforChrist any Gracie Jiu-Jitsu?

I am very interested in languages and Fantasy.

any Gracie Jiu-Jitsu?
Well it is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which all stems from Gracie Jiu Jitsu, but I am not learning from a Gracie.
I hear what you are saying about the just posting in the general forum instead of here.
I never really liked youth only activities, because getting a bunch of teenagers, with very few brains (in general), almost always spells trouble of same kind.
I think what we are missing in this day and age is the older generation teaching the young adults.
The younger generation all decide they need to pee on the electric fence for themselves.:rolleyes: A lot of my friends are twenty to forty years older then me.
I am very interested in languages
I like languages, two that are on my bucket list are Spanish, because we are so close to Mexico and there are a lot of Spanish only speakers, and Gaelic, just because I love the culture and language.

First of all Ouch! :confused:
Secondly I kind of agree.

I never really liked youth only activities, because getting a bunch of teenagers, with very few brains (in general), almost always spells trouble of same kind.

Most of my friends are old enough to be my dad or Grandpa.
I like the older generation better and have more in common with them.

have you read The Not So Big House Book? It's pretty interesting
Nope, but it sounds interesting.

Last edited:
and Gaelic, just because I love the culture and language.
According to Webster, Irish Gaelic was (in the 1800s when he was writing) the closest language to its original form at Babel. Being in Ireland I definitely want to learn it.
We are learning Esperanto, and I am studying Hebrew (and Greek eventually), and I research and create other languages. There are about as many languages that people know in our church as there are families there (over twenty five). I would like to study them all to a degree, but I am focusing at present on Yoruba because my friend at church who speaks it with his family is very enthusiastic about it.

Back