• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Burning of the Koran Debate

How about this suggestion. It seems to me you two are talking past one another.

It might be helpful if you respond in between each other's lines so you forece yourself to actually deal with what one another is specifically saying.

For example if I write something here and say

Xyz equals fgh and thus all people are to follow abc so that Bubba knows that Jed really led Ted but Red missed what was said and this threw the jury into a fury. Consequently Fred called Jed and asked to speak to Ed but he was in bed. Thus the facts were confusing and the evidence was lacking and town was all confused. But you are to still do your best to figure out if xyz equals fgh.

Are we having fun yet? Anyway, if I were going to respond to that i might do this:
For example if I write something here and say xyz equals fgh and thus all people are to follow abc

Response: The suggestion that xyz equals fgh and that all people should follow it sounds like someone is not looking at the keyboard which clearly shows the difference of letters etc etc etc. blah blah blah........

My point is that i think you two are talking around each other and not adressing one another's specific statements and thus missing some of the details and thus talking in circles.

That methodology might help your discussion be more fruitful and leave you with less frustration towards one another.

I "Googled" "UK Sharia Law" - as I said I did - and it returned over 1,000,000 links, many of which clearly prove my point...since you are the one denying the facts I suggest you should look into it for yourself... most people have been aware of Sharia Law in the UK and Europe for some time now. But I guess I would need to post a number of the 1,000,000 links for you to believe me.

As an interesting sidenote to the jersey case. The exemption for husbands accused of marital rape, was only recently gotten rid of.
The marital rape exemption was abolished in England and Wales in 1991 by the House of Lords, in its judicial capacity, in the case of R v R [1992] 1 AC 599. The exemption had never been a rule of statute, having first been promulgated in 1736 in Hale’s History of the Pleas of the Crown, where Hale stated:

But the husband cannot be guilty of a rape committed by himself upon his lawful wife, for by their mutual matrimonial consent and contract the wife hath given up herself in this kind unto her husband which she cannot retract.

So it's not only sharia law but much of common law that felt husbands had implied consent for relations with their wives. The court's ruling in the jersey case, seem to be that since the husband thought he had consent he wasn't raping.

I personally am very bad at humbling myself, hate humble pie, or eating hats etc. So I need the practice :) this particular link, shows voluntary sharia courts in uk, not forced. Further, they are allowed under the same umbrella that allows jewish courts which have been operating there for a hundred years.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 749183.ece

The situation is very simple...Sharia Law is being recognized in the UK, most of Europe, and now the USA. There is no way to deny it.

Another individual is saying put up or shut up without doing their own research to find out if they are right or wrong.

I posted links to an alarming ruling by a judge in New Jersey, U.S.A. Rulings similar to the one in New Jersey are somewhat common in the UK and many places in Europe now as well as other areas.

Unless one has had their head buried in the sand for a long period of time and unable to figure out how to use a search engine on the Internet; it is extremely unlikely that an individual could possibly be unaware of that.

Seth said:
I personally am very bad at humbling myself, hate humble pie, or eating hats etc. So I need the practice :) this particular link, shows voluntary sharia courts in uk, not forced. Further, they are allowed under the same umbrella that allows jewish courts which have been operating there for a hundred years.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 749183.ece

Oh wow Seth you Star! That is exactly the civil/religious court thing I was talking about earlier. As for hating humble pie, well don't we all? But I admire a person with the strength of character to say 'I was wrong'.

Thank you :D

Dr. K.R. Allen said:
How about this suggestion. It seems to me you two are talking past one another.

It might be helpful if you respond in between each other's lines so you forece yourself to actually deal with what one another is specifically saying.

My point is that i think you two are talking around each other and not adressing one another's specific statements and thus missing some of the details and thus talking in circles.

That methodology might help your discussion be more fruitful and leave you with less frustration towards one another.

Thank you, you are very helpful and patient, I am sorry this has caused a lot of friction, I will do that in future.

kind regards,

Bels

Scarecrow said:
The situation is very simple...Sharia Law is being recognized in the UK, most of Europe, and now the USA. There is no way to deny it.

I can deny if because I have seen no evidence to prove this as fact.

Scarecrow said:
Another individual is saying put up or shut up without doing their own research to find out if they are right or wrong.

If I say the Prime Minister of the UK is a radical Islamist would you just accept it or ask for proof? If I refuse to offer up proof and tell you to do it yourself would you think that is unreasonable? If you then do it, find no evidence and think I am spouting nonsense would you then tell me so?

Just asking.....
Scarecrow said:
I posted links to an alarming ruling by a judge in New Jersey, U.S.A. Rulings similar to the one in New Jersey are somewhat common in the UK and many places in Europe now as well as other areas.

There has been no such ruling like that in the UK, from what I read in those articles, that was a rarity in the US court system also, isn't that why it had so much publicity because it was rare and overturned on appeal? It was an oddity. I can't speak for all of Europe and never claimed to, however, I called you out because you mentioned the UK, you still, despite the fact that I am sure you must be 100 pages into your google search result by now, unable to give me one single credible link to back up what you posted as fact.
The fact that you still post that you are right and I refuse to accept your 'rightness' is telling me all I need to know about you and how credible I can take anything else you choose to post about.

Far be it for me to tell you what to do, but I have a feeling that your credibility in general is wavering, so either post the links (in which case, i can start eating my humble pie dying of embarrassment at my wrongness) or just don't respond because I would hate for this to go on any longer.

Best wishes (truly)

Bels

"If I say the Prime Minister of the UK is a radical Islamist would you just accept it or ask for proof?"

I would research it for myself to see if the other person's claims were valid...in fact I will tell you a little story to prove my point:

About 2 to 3 years ago I was participating on a website called "Q&A" - a Microsoft site put up to compete with Yahoo Answers and the like...myself and a handful of others that had a fair understanding of the scriptures typically chimed in on "religious" questions. One day I noticed a question by a Muslim gentleman (there were a handful of them and we loved to interact on them... : D). He stated "Why does the Christian religion say it is a sin for a man to have more than one wife when their scriptures do not say that". I didn't require him to prove his point, I went to work to refute his statement. As I always tried to do, I went to my Bible for verses that clearly stated that it was sinful for a man to have more than one wife to prove my point. You can probably complete the story because most of the individuals that participate on this site came to their understanding of Biblical Marriage in a similar way...

So in a nut shell...do your own research if you don't believe me...I know what I know, and remember what I have read and heard discussed by credible individuals. If you don't believe Sharia Law is here as well as in Europe, and will slowly but surely work to become THE law, then you truly have no understanding of the purpose and intent of Islam and do not have eyes to see.

Can I propose that there is an issue with the word "recognize".
Scarecrow wrote:
Yes it is, and when Sharia Law is finally recognized here in the United States, as it already is in the UK
Isabella wrote:
I was saying 'No' in response to the idea that Sharia law is recognised in the UK. It isn't, any more than any other religious court. Jewish courts work the same way.

If I malign either of your positions I apologize, but I think this might be the crux of the matter. From scarecrows view, if you can choose a different legal system than the standard one, even under voluntary option. If that different legal system can come to a different conclusion on the basis of a religious system. If that conclusion is considered binding, and is RECOGNIZED by the normal system and negates the need for there to be a determination by the normal system. Then in his opinion the normal system is being replaced to a degree by this paralleling religious court. I think that such a conclusion on the use of the term recognize is accurate. When Isabella stated her version of recognition, she was making a much narrower comment, she was saying it had not completely supplanted the legal system that exists there, that religious law is not used as binding law in the normal adjudication system. She then to make sure she was keeping her point narrow, specified that she was not including the religious courts, and compared it specifically to the jewish courts which function in the same way, and which no one has issue with. So her use of recognize was as binding authority that the standard system had to comply with. She is correct the standard court system, does not recognize sharia law in that fashion.
I charge a nominal fee for mediation, the bill is in the mail, I like to be paid is small unmarked bills ;)

Oh sure...there you go again...spoiling a perfectly good fight...way to go Seth!

Well I just didn't think it was fair. In my own real life circles, I'm the one that always gets all the action when it comes to this sort of fun. But on here everyone is all nice and civil to me. It's soooooooo boring. I can't let you have any fun if I'm not getting any play!

Seth said:
When Isabella stated her version of recognition, she was making a much narrower comment, she was saying it had not completely supplanted the legal system that exists there, that religious law is not used as binding law in the normal adjudication system. She then to make sure she was keeping her point narrow, specified that she was not including the religious courts, and compared it specifically to the jewish courts which function in the same way, and which no one has issue with. So her use of recognize was as binding authority that the standard system had to comply with. She is correct the standard court system, does not recognize sharia law in that fashion.
I charge a nominal fee for mediation, the bill is in the mail, I like to be paid is small unmarked bills ;)

Hey Seth,

Yes, you clarified things perfectly. The Jewish Courts (Bet Din) has been working in this way for decades, no one raised an eyebrow over that. When the Archbishop of Canterbury proposed that Sharia law was unavoidable (he was referring to Sharia law courts having the same recognition as Bet Dins) there was a public outcry because people assumed that it meant Sharia law has the same standing in British law, it doesn't. Sharia, like Jewish laws only extend to the point of civil cases where both parties agree to having them settled in Sharia court, like going to a mediator (Seth ;) ) instead of going to trial. If we all decided to go to a mediator and we agree to something, it might be a bit different from how it would be settled in court but the decision would be accepted by them. Having recently gone through something similar I am aware of the similarities.

Muslims are increasingly looking to the example of Jewish communities which have long-established religious community courts.
These "courts" are legally recognised in English law as a means for warring parties to agree to arbitration. The law sees this as a practical way of helping people to resolve their differences in their own way, without clogging up the local courts.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234870.stm

There are several Bet Din in the UK, no one cares because Jews are not seen as the threat that Muslims are, but only a couple of years ago a Jewish woman was denied a 'get' from the Sephardim Bet din by her husband who wanted to divorce her but not allow her to remarry, under Jewish law she was bound to him, even though under UK laws she was a free woman.
This little bit of media never made it further than the Jewish press....if it was Islam (nb funny enough, under Sharia law women DO have the right to divorce their husbands so this is a situation that would not occur in a Sharia court) it would have been on the cover of every tabloid paper...it is hypocritical.

Has any western nation allowed Sharia to be used in full?

Not at all. Canada is widely reported to have come close - leading to protests in 2005.

But in reality the proposals were little different from the existing religious arbitration rules here in the UK.

Experts considered establishing Sharia-related family courts to ease the burden on civil courts - but said these would have to observe the basic human rights guarantees of Canadian law.

Hope this helps,

Bels

Ok bored again, sorry to pick on ya kr, but I figure you can handle it ;)

KR: Your language here is exaggerated. As I noted above there is swings in the pendulum. There are groups now coming to the forefront that are pushing for state rights. As one branch tries to gain more power the others will keep in check when they indeed feel they have lost something important to them. President's do indeed have the power to nominate people for the courts, but the Senate must approve. Senators are thus elected by popular vote so they can put in place people who will indeed reject nominations that are out of the line of what the majority of the country believes. Again though, as I have stressed, there is a TIME factor in this because judges may stay on the bench for many years. But there is still a means unto the end of changing things through the three branch system in place that was indeed based upon the doctrine of the Trinity and the doctrine of man's depravity, two hallmark doctrines of the Judeo-Christian faith which led to the development of this country.

I think you misunderstand pendulums. The idea in a pendulum is that it returns to it's starting point. Whenever there has been a large usurption of rights, there hasn't been a return to previous status. So if you want to call it stairs down, where we dwaddle on individual steps occasionally before descending down another step permanently that may be more accurate. After the articles of confederation failed, there was never a return to weak federal gov. After states failed to pull away in civil war, there was never a return to strong state rights. After the creation of most government systems you don't see them going away and the government giving up what it has started to regulate. Welfare state is a good example, at different times we might have different policies on how the government should provide welfare. But once we allowed the government to take that role from the church, it's never given it back. So whether it's cash aid, housing subsidization, food stamps, unemployment, social security, etc. Even when there is no money to fund the program, the gov doesn't get rid of it, might scale it back temporarily, more likely robs peter to pay paul. But it doesn't give up it's programs in general. Though there are minor programs that get cut or collapsed into a new and better program.

Kr:I'm not sure why you don't. Clearly the doctrine of depravity is biblical. Thus our systems were built based upon this doctrine. The doctrine of the Trinity is biblical. The three branches of government rule were built upon the idea of all three needing to work together for any law to have full effect and power. Legislators can pass laws all day but if the executive branch and/or the judicial branch disregard it then the law is null and void. My point? These are themes and principles that come straight from the Bible in regard to the way God governs. And as I have noted, most reputable scholars recognize the principles underlying our government as coming forth from the Judeo-Christian worldview. Even a cursory reading of secular legal scholars like Montesquieu's "The Spirit of our Laws" references God, Adam and Eve, God's rule and way he rules numerous times throughout his writings. He, along with Thomas Hobbes, spoke about God often in his writings. These writings led to the foundations of our country and even to ideas such as the 1st Amendment.

If I am creating a strawman here I apologize, but I really don't see the similarities between our government and the trinity. Lots of things can have three components. A recipe, a machine, a policy. But having three components doesn't make it divinely inspired. First of all, there is no checks and balances in the trinity. There is no corruption, so there is no need for a watch dog, by one branch over the other. The reason we have three branches of government goes back to your idea of depravity/corruption. This is completely unlike the trinity's nature. Secondly, God is the lawgiver, the judge, and the exectutor. He is all in one, our government system isn't composed of a mediator, a sacrificer, and everything else in one branch. There is no similarity between the roles that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit play and the roles that are government play. If you wanted to stretch it, I suppose you could somehow see Jesus as judge, and his new covenant as voiding laws, but I don't think you want to say that. You could see the Holy Spirit, as carrying out the laws, except of course, that he doesn't. All nature carry's out God's laws, the angelic host act as his agents in doing his will. So I'm at a loss how the trinity are the model for our government. I'm sure you have some great books, and guys with letters after their name that think otherwise, I just don't buy it :)

I think you misunderstand pendulums. The idea in a pendulum is that it returns to it's starting point. Whenever there has been a large usurption of rights, there hasn't been a return to previous status. So if you want to call it stairs down, where we dwaddle on individual steps occasionally before descending down another step permanently that may be more accurate. After the articles of confederation failed, there was never a return to weak federal gov. After states failed to pull away in civil war, there was never a return to strong state rights. After the creation of most government systems you don't see them going away and the government giving up what it has started to regulate. Welfare state is a good example, at different times we might have different policies on how the government should provide welfare. But once we allowed the government to take that role from the church, it's never given it back. So whether it's cash aid, housing subsidization, food stamps, unemployment, social security, etc. Even when there is no money to fund the program, the gov doesn't get rid of it, might scale it back temporarily, more likely robs peter to pay paul. But it doesn't give up it's programs in general. Though there are minor programs that get cut or collapsed into a new and better program.

Seth, don't worry about picking on me. You're fine. But, of course, I will ask you some tough questions in this to challenge your precision of thinking.

As for your above comments, well this all depends on how great of a thinker you think the founders were and how much providence of grace you believe went into the founding of our country.

I'm curious. How many scholarly works have you read that discuss the ideology that permeated our government from the beginning? 5, 10, 20, more? Which ones gave you the most accurate historical perspective on how our government was built and upon what principles they, the founders, used to determine what government should look like?

I ask this because I find that many times people object to some things before they are even familar with the original source material or ideas of the people who actually produced the system that is under study or question.

Additionally, to be even more specific about your statements let me see if I can give a sufficient answer:

The idea in a pendulum is that it returns to it's starting point. Whenever there has been a large usurption of rights, there hasn't been a return to previous status. So if you want to call it stairs down, where we dwaddle on individual steps occasionally before descending down another step permanently that may be more accurate. After the articles of confederation failed, there was never a return to weak federal gov. After states failed to pull away in civil war, there was never a return to strong state rights.

Correct, a pendulum swing is also a theory of history as much as it is a theory of how our government turns. Think about a clock for a moment. The pendulum will indeed swing both ways and at times it is swinging up and at times it is swinging down. Sure, there will be decay, corruption, and a breaking down at various periods of the pendulum swing. But, if we accept the premise that innate rights are best preserved at the people's level than at the government ruling level, which I most emphatically do without any reservation, then we will arrive at the position i am speaking about. Why? The founders broke with most all traditions in founding this nation by the democratic republic model. They neither embraced democracy rule (mob rule) nor a monarchy (single rule). They embraced a system that has the best of both worlds, democracy and representative rule with proper checks and balances.

The articles system was a little too weak (one side of the pendulum) and then the next system was put in place. Today the pendulum has swung a little to far in another direction (federal control). But the question remains: were the founders right in their basis principle of establishing a state and federal system with a odd number of branches of powers in each level? If one believes this was indeed a weak or unbiblical position then that presupposition wil certainly lead one towards a more pessimistic view of our system.

But, as far as I can tell, those systems, which all develop from the base concept of a government established by the people, for the people, and of the people, this philosophical principle that God has implanted into the hearts and minds of all the idea of self-preservation and natural rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness places us on a never ending pendulum barring some type of complete cessation of the people. In other words, the readings I see lead me to this conclusion about the founders frame of mind. They wanted to find the best place to place the power for government. Certainly the best of all would be in the hand of God directly.

But these men were practical men, pragmatists who knew short of God actually being here there had to be another way. These brilliant philosophers, political thinkers, theologians, and farmers, men of elite status and common status convened under the providence of God's to form not a perfect union but with a goal to form a solid and perpetual union.

If someone believes they failed then they will not be as likely to believe this government can last and be a good government or even a great government. However, I do believe that they answered this one right.

It basically boiled down to this: Where do we place the power and how do we divide the power properly to best ensure the perpetual existence of this government? The democratic-republic model was there answer based on two reasons: (1) God has implanted into all people innate rights that people will naturally fight for because all people are self-centered, (2) Corruption exists in people and yet a perfect God rules in three persons so we need a odd number of people/branches in power to help alleviate any total and irreversible corruption from setting in.

I believe they asked the right questions and provided the right answers to their own questions and built a system on the right foundational principles.

They never attempted to build a perfect government; rather they knew all government would be corrupt to a degree because people make up the government and people are corrupt. But they placed th continual existence of the government in the idea that people will continue to be born and come into this world with inalienable rights that at some point will weigh so heavy on the hearts that people will do whatever it akes to defend those rights through a three branch (national and state system) government.

It is really the most remarkable plan ever known to political history as so many scholars have rightly attested to. Plato himself could not have come up with such a brilliant plan as this because he was a Greek philosopher who did not have his worldview shaped by the Judeo-Christian ideology that came to our shores by the Colonial Americans, especially the Puritans and Pilgrims.

Therefore, the founders knew that there would be drifts back and forth, fights and inner strife among the people in government and among the three branches and among the states and the national level systems. They envisioned this but they also envisioned something that transcended that: people will always exist who want to defend their rights and a democratic-republic model will ensure they are heard, not too quickly and through emotional reactions that quickly sway governments, but through a means where time is our friend and grass roots organization is key so that society can mature in the process as it works tomake the needed changes, either to the left or to the right in the never ending pendulum swing.

Now granted, something could cause the pendulum to stop all together. A war that destroyed us as a people. Or some other disaster, but barring something abnormal like that in general they envisioned this system doing what it is doing. They knew there would come corruption, and that even all three branches could become corrupt, but they still envisioned the other checks, especially the ultimate one where power rests in the hands of the people who can alter and change the government, and thus philosophically they laid a foundation that is solid, secure, and strong enough to last as long as people are here.

If I am creating a strawman here I apologize, but I really don't see the similarities between our government and the trinity. Lots of things can have three components. A recipe, a machine, a policy. But having three components doesn't make it divinely inspired.

Well how much history have you read by scholars who point out the ideologies that shaped our founding? That will largely determine why you do or do not see this. If you have read little in the field of what our forefathers believed then you will not see it because modern educational systems, and books, don't point this out. Thus if the literature you read is modern and not historical or not rooted in the history of the Reformation philosophical principles that produced Colonial America that in turn produced the minds of the nation's founders (Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Fraknlin, Hobbs, etc etc) then sure you will not see it because the literature you are reading is not highlighting these historical facts.

As for divinely inspired I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. Principle of thought that align with Scripture and Scripture itself is divinely inspired. I do not believe natural men beyond the Apostles have supernaturaldirect inspiration from the Lord. But, certainly, to the degree that we build upon those divine principle and divine statements of Scripture our work will have divine approval or blessings attached to it. If not then we can't build our life on the teachings of Christ and the apostles and expect to blessed by God in our homes, families, or community. But I do emphatically believe in the inspiration and dvinity of Scripture. Therefore, it consequently mandates that if one builds his or her life, family, community or even government upon those divine principle there will be a degree of divine blessing attached to the effort as it is pleasing and honoring to the Lord.

Thus, having said that, to the degree that our founders rightly based the government systems on divine principles to that degree one can expect blessings to follow. In short, one only needs to look at the blessings given to this country that few, maybe not another, has ever had and see that something laid in th heart of our country was different and something in it led to a vast difference in regard to blessings. Historical research shows us tha it was indeed the principles that brought people to this land, the prayers of the people in this land, and the principles by which our government built itself from, namely Judeo-Christian principles. And by Judeo-Christian principles I also strongly means things like logic. Logic is a divine tool based upon the idea of the laws of logic such as the law of non-contradiction. Those are Judeo-Christian values that people work with every day, even atheists and agnostics and people who oppose Judeo-Christian ideology by their mouth still practice Judeo-Christian principle in the way they live and argue. Thus, even if the people in the systems currently are weak, confused, or corrupt, etc., there is still the SYSTEM itself that yields great hope to know that better things can still be ahead.

First of all, there is no checks and balances in the trinity. There is no corruption, so there is no need for a watch dog, by one branch over the other. The reason we have three branches of government goes back to your idea of depravity/corruption. This is completely unlike the trinity's nature.

The idea that the founders saw was that even God rules in a three person sphere. It was that that led them to see the need for a three branch system. They could have chosen any number had it been JUST because of the reason of corruption. It could have been a 5 part system, or a 2 part system or a 7 part system or whatever. But because there was a strong reformation era wake, a colonial america spirit, and a strong intellectual drive that dominated the very fabric of the culture the Three part rule system just as God rules in a three part system was logically deduced as the best model to work with. It was not that they believed God needed a check in himself. That was not my point. My point was that they looked at man and said: "we all are corrupt or with weaknesses." Well who is not corrupt? God alone! So, let's build a model that reflects the way God rules. He rules in three persons. If he, being holy is even in three persons, then why should we who are beneath him and unholy, try and reflect the three branch system. This Trinitarian model developed into the fabric of the culture because the idea of the Trinity was so strong and so engrained into the people from the wake of the Reformation. Even unconsciencously this dominateds the ideas of people when forming ruling systems. They saw three types of rule also in biblicalhistory. They saw God as a lawmaker through Moses, they saw the enforcement of the laws and the judges to rule over disputes in the law. These ideas also led them to see the need of a three part system to government.

I would never be so audacious to say ONE reason alone led them to do what they did. It was a totality of reasons. But these reasons played in to it as scholars can have clearly shown by their historical documentation of both secular and religious history that met at the providential moment at the birthing of our Country.

Secondly, God is the lawgiver, the judge, and the exectutor. He is all in one, our government system isn't composed of a mediator, a sacrificer, and everything else in one branch. There is no similarity between the roles that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit play and the roles that are government play. If you wanted to stretch it, I suppose you could somehow see Jesus as judge, and his new covenant as voiding laws, but I don't think you want to say that. You could see the Holy Spirit, as carrying out the laws, except of course, that he doesn't.

I think i answered that above. they saw in Judeo-Christian history legislators, and judges, and also concluded in some ways that enforcers were also a separate class as well.

All nature carry's out God's laws, the angelic host act as his agents in doing his will. So I'm at a loss how the trinity are the model for our government. I'm sure you have some great books, and guys with letters after their name that think otherwise, I just don't buy it

Ok, then go buy some books then :D ;) If you like I can give you a list of them from a few to a hundred or so that will discuss the points and principles I am sharing herein. Historical scholarship is very valuable and not to be underestimated. Many of our founders were avid readers and great statesmen with in a solid knowledge of both history, science, and political philosophies. As far as intellect goes they stand in a class of their own when examining IQ and brain power.

When given an option in life to trust careful scholarship that has done thorough research into a topic versus the option of trusting ideas that do not have the backing of thorough research I will certainly lean to the side with the most or the best research. We all do this in life naturally as it is the way God intended. And by the way, when I say scholarship i do not mean it means one has to have degrees in front of their name. That certainly is a plus but research can be done in thorough detail by those without any degrees and they too can produce true materials worthy of respect. but the key is research and the massive number of resources I have strongly point out that indeed our SYSTEM of government was rightfully established upon divine principles.

But from my experience, those who reject this are normally those who have not done their homework and research, and thus have not seen the factual and historical information that would yield this consclusion. At others times those who reject do because they reject the divine principles behind the choices of the founders. Sometimes they choose a Marxist system, or a Platonic system, or a host of other systems that are built off of other foundational principles. Thus, it naturally leads them to reject this type of government SYSTEM or to downgrade it as not as great as I see it to be.

But, as noted above, if one accepts the Judeo-Christian worldview, accepts the idea that God truly has implanted into all humans the idea of natural rights, such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and the principle that all people are weak or corrupt, that God rules in a three person God-head, and that a odd number set of branches of government will help be the aid to preserving the people's natural rights as they fight for what is best for themselves due to each man's self-centered drive, if those principles are believed then it naturally leads to a view point that our founders with their great powers of logic, mixed with a dose of miraculous intevention that they freely acknowledged in prayer and petitions to the Almighty, then it is not only logical but honorable to believe that our government SYSTEM came forth with divine blessing and the SYSTEM is still a divine blessing even though the people in the system rightnow may not be as radiant lights like our blessed and great founders were. But they did not promise us a great people, but a great system to where the people who are not so great can have the opportunity to put into place laws that reflect life and liberty that mark us a one of the greatest beacons of hope for all the world to see. As our Puritan friends and founders used to say: We have been given a land and system to work and build a city/nation upon a hill that all the world will see and be blessed by."

I think they did that. Now it is more about our character as we move and exist inside of that blessed system they bled and died to give unto us. And I praise the Lord for them and am grateful for them. The 1st Amendment, along with others, are some of the brightest and greatest ideas ever placed into history. I praise the Lord and thank him for it often as he brings it to mind and I hope you do as well. We have so much to be thankful for because of the labors of those before us. What a rich blessing!

Dr. Allen

Back