• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Christian Gentile

Earth_is-

Male
In the Scriptures - it’s written that the gentile is grafted into Israel (Jacob). Not the other way around.

Yeshua said he came for the lost sheep of Israel. The northern kingdom - whom the Heavenly Father gave a certificate of divorce to. The new covenant is for the re-uniting of the northern and southern kingdom.

Where does that leave the gentile? You must be grafted in with Israel. Read the final chapter in His Book. New Jerusalem has 12 gates. For the 12 tribes of Israel. Your pastor’s name is not on there. Nor is any pope’s name on it.

It’s written that in the new covenant - God himself writes the law in your heart, so you can love his law, and follow him. We are justified by faith. When we repent and turn to him - we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit - being reborn. Being sanctified by the Word. The law gets written in your heart. We keep the law not for justification - but to be set apart. To be holy and righteous. And also because we are commanded to uphold the law in Romans 3:31.

If you don’t love the law - or if the law offends you - then isn’t that evidence someone isn’t in the new covenant? Better yet - how can you enter into the Kingdom if you’re going to have problems with those that follow the righteous instructions found in the law? Yeshua confirmed Abraham is in the Kingdom. Is the Christian gentile going to call Abraham - a friend of God - an adulterer and un-repentant sinner (because he has multiple wives)? Do you see the potential anarchy this would present in His Kingdom? What does the Word have to say about this potential problem?

In proverbs it’s written - if you despise the Word - you will go down into destruction. It’s written in the book of Matthew - many will not make it because they practice “lawlessness.”

Why would the Most High allow those that despise his Word - thereby despise his beloved servants and friends - and perhaps even despise the Creator himself - to enter into his Kingdom and cause division? The Kingdom is going to be full of Israelites that love the law, and keep faith in Lord Jesus for justification.

This is why I believe if someone hates the law, then they are likely not in the new covenant. Their sins are likely not washed by the precious blood of the Lamb. Because they reject the truth - and thereby, never truly repented. Their rejection of the truth is a demonstration of a lack of faith. The type of faith that counts as righteousness. The type of faith that got Caleb and Joshua into the promise land. The type of faith that made Abraham the father of many nations. Keeping human traditions that contradict his Word - even though it may include many works - is as Yeshua said, “worship in vain.”

Last edited:
I’m putting on my moderator hat for a moment to take this opportunity to shed some light on the No Torah Debate Policy.

While the policy is as much art as it is science and involves a fair amount of behind the scenes discussion between the moderators, I’d like to show why this post doesn’t contravert the policy in my opinion.

To do so, here are some quotes from the original post that might be considered as going against the policy:

In the Scriptures - it’s written that the gentile is grafted into Israel (Jacob). Not the other way around.

Where does that leave the gentile? You must be grafted in with Israel. Read the final chapter in His Book. New Jerusalem has 12 gates. For the 12 tribes of Israel.

We keep the law not for justification - but to be set apart. To be holy and righteous. And also because we are commanded to uphold the law in Romans 3:31.

If you don’t love the law - or if the law offends you - then isn’t that evidence someone isn’t in the new covenant? Better yet - how can you enter into the Kingdom if you’re going to have problems with those that follow the righteous instructions found in the law?

It’s written in the book of Matthew - many will not make it because they practice “lawlessness.”

The Kingdom is going to be full of Israelites that love the law, and keep faith in Lord Jesus for justification.

This is why I believe if someone hates the law, then they are likely not in the new covenant.

So clearly the original poster, @Earth_is- , is advocating for law keeping and through a certain lens could be accused of then arguing in favor of “Torah keeping”.

His post however is very conscientious about never identifying a certain theological perspective as “The Law”. Strictly speaking he is making a classic argument against anti-nomialism and does so with a strong foundation in the New Testament. This is an argument that could have been made by a Calvinist or any of the branches of Reformed Christianity, and as he correctly points out, admonitions against lawlessness are all throughout the New Testament.

Now you may or may not agree with his assertions but there is nothing in them that would violate the forum’s current policies. I’d be interested in hearing the other moderator’s opinions on this. I think there is value in trying to shed a little bit of public light on what is unavoidably a subjective process.

Back