• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The 'fertility goddes' Ishtar/Easter/Astarte has NOTHING to do with a Risen Meshiach

I want to make it very clear that my stated policy on discussion of this matter during the dates of Easter and of Passover applies everywhere on the forum, including this additional area specifically for Hebrew Roots believers (which Mark frustratingly refers to as a ghetto despite it being an additional gift to such believers not a confinement), because posts from everywhere come up in the "What's new" feed and affect the mood of the entire forum. For that same reason, criticism of passover will be forbidden everywhere at that time, and not permitted to occur in some subforum either.

Because it's a new policy, I'm going to generously interpret the above posts as a promotion of passover rather than a criticism of Easter, despite certain sentences to the contrary. But any further malignment of Easter by association with Ishtar etc for the remainder of this weekend, however much good other material is in the post, will just be deleted. Feel free to talk about how you believe the crucifixion should be commemorated, but if you want the post to remain on the forum don't include any slander of the commemoration method chosen by others.

Because it's a new policy, I'm going to generously interpret the above posts as a promotion of passover rather than a criticism of Easter, despite certain sentences to the contrary. But any further malignment of Easter by association with Ishtar etc for the remainder of this weekend, however much good other material is in the post, will just be deleted.
Remember, Samuel, that the original link/article in this thread had to do specifically with a "megachurch" that not only didn't like "that word" - wherever it comes from - but wasn't happy about "resurrection" or "Calvary", either.

I can't help but think there's a message in there somewhere... :)

If like Mark you believe it actually happened on the seventh day of the week rather than the first, then celebrate the Risen King on that day (and every other day too).
It is important to note that there are THREE enumerated Biblical "spring feasts", and that Pesach begins the week of the "Feast of Unleavened Bread," but there is another that follows, known often as "First Fruits."

That, I will contend, is what was to happen (shortly) when the Risen Yahushua encountered the two women at the tomb "as it [the first day] began..." (and He told them not to touch Him, at that time)
...and that what was at hand was the second of those "Appointed Times."

First Fruits. Which He, Was.

(The third, BTW, happens 7x7+1 or 50 days later, at the time of Shavuot, aka 'pentecost' (for 50 in Greek) and is the final of the three Spring Feasts of YHVH.)

Lets Make a Deal! I want my fertility and want to brag about it. After all, my children are great adults but it took the sacrifice to my beloved rabbit to make all that happen. I will celebrate it and will be flown on a flag outside my home. Oh and by the way, I will hang little eggs on the header and sideposts of my front door with bright pink and blue banners. I will craft a large rabbit's head out of paper mache' and wear it and dance around making all the little children marvel at how big rabbits can grow and how can chocolate can come from an egg? It's Majik I tell you ! Oh what fun! Why do the curmudgeons have to insist on the "Thou shalt not..." crap? It's my holy day, I will make it whatever I want. Let's compromise- you do you and I will do me. I will declare who I will follow and I will allow you to do the same. Will you be a racist bigot and tell me that I am wrong? Tsk tsk, so sucks to be you. But I will accept you, just do the same for me.

1711827259569.png

Lets Make a Deal!
OK...
...It's my holy day, I will make it whatever I want. Let's compromise- you do you and I will do me. I will declare who I will follow and I will allow you to do the same. Will you be a racist bigot and tell me that I am wrong?
Not at all, never have. I just quote what He says, like the end of Deuteronomy chapter 7. You do as you choose, and we will each be responsible for our choices.

But if He says, "Blow a shofar..."
...I blow.

Lets Make a Deal! I want my fertility and want to brag about it. After all, my children are great adults but it took the sacrifice to my beloved rabbit to make all that happen. I will celebrate it and will be flown on a flag outside my home. Oh and by the way, I will hang little eggs on the header and sideposts of my front door with bright pink and blue banners. I will craft a large rabbit's head out of paper mache' and wear it and dance around making all the little children marvel at how big rabbits can grow and how can chocolate can come from an egg? It's Majik I tell you ! Oh what fun! Why do the curmudgeons have to insist on the "Thou shalt not..." crap? It's my holy day, I will make it whatever I want. Let's compromise- you do you and I will do me. I will declare who I will follow and I will allow you to do the same. Will you be a racist bigot and tell me that I am wrong? Tsk tsk, so sucks to be you. But I will accept you, just do the same for me.
I must say the chocolate egg I just ate was delicious, and not harmed at all by the fact it got somewhat squashed in my pocket between a child giving it to me and it ending up in my mouth. :)

I must say the chocolate egg I just ate was delicious, and not harmed at all by the fact it got somewhat squashed in my pocket between a child giving it to me and it ending up in my mouth. :)

The cat climbed in the bedroom window during the night and had a rabbit in it's mouth. In the morning, all that remained on the bedroom floor was some fur and two ears. I fear the easter bunny is gone and it may be the end of chocolate rabbits forever. 😭

I have been greeting people with the holiday, "Happy Resurrection Day!", just this greeting alone is great way to testify of Christ's accomplishment even though I know I sound odd. ( if compared to usual Happy Easter). I encourage to use this on all people, including Muslims and Talmud observants. And if you have to explain yourself, congratulations, you just got an opportunity for evangelism. I did not get negative pushbacks yet but perhaps my foreign accent allows me to get away with this.

I did not get negative pushbacks yet but perhaps my foreign accent allows me to get away with this.
People are more likely to listen to a foreigner than a local. It's a quirk of our psychology. It's why missionaries can sometimes succeed where local evangelists fail (sometimes). A foreign preacher just seems more interesting so you pay attention. Also, if you say something weird, it is excusable as a cultural difference.

Of course, there's also this reason why people don't listen to locals as much:

So I guess that means you won't object to my posting my own Sabbath teaching link here:

It starts with Hebrews 10:4, and some observations about the controversy over a 'renewed altar,' yet another [more] candidate[s} for a 'red heifer', and Hebrews 10:4.

But is mostly about an interesting "division" this year - the dates of 'Resurrection Sunday' (pick your preferred moniker) and 'Passover' being separated by a month - with the final part of the (April 8th) Total Solar "Eclipse of the Century," in between.

No one who might be offended by the inclusion of the quotation of the last two verses in Deuteronomy chapter 7 need listen.

People know roughly what the content will be and can follow the link to view if they like, thankyou for using a link rather than stating it here.

Back