• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The flaw of independence?

As far as learning about covering, has anyone recommended @PeteR s book to you on that subject matter? Excellent! But then I did help with the editing...😁
I don't think anyone has yet but I'd sure be interested, I'll see if I can find them. Thank you for the completely unbiased suggestion 😉

I think there have been some very wonderful responses so far and I'm glad you brought this up ... I agree ... don't delete it. :D

I'm also a single woman and enjoy my own company. I've definitely had all sorts of thoughts about the more practical side of things as far as "what would my life be like if I joined a family" ... too noisy?!?! Probably. I'm not even sure I could handle it anymore ... too used to my own company (and my dogs!). I'm in my own little world, doing my own thing, on my own time. BUT, that's not always a good thing. I believe women MUST be covered in some way. I have a male friend that I consider my "acting head" [not sure what I should call it, but that seems to get the point across]. As single women, I believe we are especially vulnerable to idealistic thoughts and can FORCE or MAKE things happen. As level-headed as I like to think I am, sometimes I have some pretty dumb ideas. My "acting head" helps bring me back down to earth and I'm really not sure where I'd be today without him in my life.

I DO have struggles at times with desiring to be a part of a family and see how polygyny can be such a blessing if done right, however I believe it's important to just BE in the here and now. If Yah wants something to change, he will make it clear. So, I guess that's my advice to you, for what it's worth. BE in the here and now, serving the Father to the best of your ability right where you are - and - have an 'acting head' that you can lean on for guidance (an adult son? a brother? your dad? a brother here on the forum??).
I am concerned. A report came out that marriage in the common since has decreased massively. Technology and modern culture has made a stance it is ok to be single for everyone in culture what happens when no one is getting married......what then is it ok that is a question that might have to addressed In the future as whole in culture

Back