• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Godly Marriage - New Article - The Gen Z Woman – The Juice Ain’t Worth the Squeeze

Well, excuse me to these women, but when you agree to the following, we will take you seriously,
  • You agree to turn off your social media.
  • You stop plastering yourself with ridiculous tattoos.
  • You stop drinking alcohol.
  • You agree to dress modestly, presenting yourself valuable to your husband.
  • You exist for your husband’s purpose and plan for your lives.
  • You do not idolise class, and you reject materialism.
  • You learn the actual value of money, and reject greed
  • You begin your journey to learn what it is to be a keeper of the home
  • You work equally as hard as your husband as directed by him, your candle does not go out morning or night.
  • You remain faithful to your husband, keeping your eyes for him all the days of your life.
This is a good list.

However...

• Abstention from alcohol is not Biblical. Drinking only in moderation is. Even then, there is a time for a party, a time to slay the fatted calf, and a time to bring forth your best wine for you and your guests to enjoy.

• A woman should dress modestly outside the home while inside the home she should not hesitate to dress for her husband's pleasure.

• A woman exists for God's Purpose and Plan for our lives and His Purpose and Plan hopefully includes for us a Godly husband who we can follow without hesitation because he is a man first of God and then of honor, integrity, strength, fortitude, love, passion, and devotion.

:)

Nice comment :)

I've always wondered if the following verse says we cannot even offer our neighbor a drink, or we can but just not make him drunk....

Habakkuk 2:15 King James Version (KJV)Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

Woe unto him that giveth his neighbor drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

I don't think the point is to not give them drink, but rather, not to give them drink in order to make them drunk and take advantage of them.

However...

• Abstention from alcohol is not Biblical. Drinking only in moderation is. Even then, there is a time for a party, a time to slay the fatted calf, and a time to bring forth your best wine for you and your guests to enjoy.

• A woman should dress modestly outside the home while inside the home she should not hesitate to dress for her husband's pleasure.

• A woman exists for God's Purpose and Plan for our lives and His Purpose and Plan hopefully includes for us a Godly husband who we can follow without hesitation because he is a man first of God and then of honor, integrity, strength, fortitude, love, passion, and devotion.
I like your list better. The other one gets a little creed intensive for me. I hate feminism and women putting themselves above men, but I also dislike men actively seeking to put down women. Be kind and teach them truth, they respond better that way. Girls are easily influenced. And they are easily influenced by truly good men.

that thou mayest look on their nakedness!
Giving someone alcohol is not wrong. It's the intended ungodly purpose that is warned against here.

There is an appropriate time and place to give someone alcoholic beverage. Proverbs 31:6, Give strong drink to him who is perishing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
7 Let him drink and forget his poverty,
And remember his misery no more.

This is a good list.
Phrased awkwardly
However...

I see this as personal thing.
Obviously I am the last guy here to go to for scripture, in my simplistic view...I figure that if Christ performed a miracle to make sure everyone's glass was full, then alcohol has its place.

I wonder if I could convince the group that this would involve an odd mix of English riding tack including boots, a three gun belt rig, a t-shirt with a snarky message, a durable apron and super long braids.

.I figure that if Christ performed a miracle to make sure everyone's glass was full, then alcohol has its place.

Ditto that!

I wonder if I could convince the group that this would involve an odd mix of English riding tack including boots, a three gun belt rig, a t-shirt with a snarky message, a durable apron and super long braids.

:p

Is nothing but a frilly apron and a smile modest? Asking for a friend.

Apparently that works for Martha Stewart. No, I am not posting the picture!

Nick, if your wife is happy with you wearing nothing but a frilly apron and a smile.... who are we to judge.
You're asking for it. There is a frilly apron in the house. I just trimmed my beard and got a haircut and my monthly shower. This picture can be arranged.

Back