• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Godly Marriage - New Article

Do you two believe the father's will in marriage is necessary?

“If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭22‬:‭17‬
If he's a Torah keeper, absolutely. Even if he's not, if she's still under his authority it is best practice to get his approval id say.

The law you cited involves a man assuming he could have her, entering into her, then the father refusing to give her in marriage. At which point the fellow still has to pay the father the virgin bride price bc he took what another man would have been willing to pay for to have her.

If he's a Torah keeper, absolutely. Even if he's not, if she's still under his authority it is best practice to get his approval id say.

The law you cited involves a man assuming he could have her, entering into her, then the father refusing to give her in marriage. At which point the fellow still has to pay the father the virgin bride price bc he took what another man would have been willing to pay for to have her.
It is best practice and greatly to be encouraged but it is not necessary.

• 71% of men look at their phone in bed rather than talk to their partner
Sigh. Something I agree with my husband about is that bed is for rest. It is not a place for heavy conversations especially at night when one or both of you are tired and wanting to sleep.

Sigh. Something I agree with my husband about is that bed is for rest. It is not a place for heavy conversations especially at night when one or both of you are tired and wanting to sleep.
What an outstanding thing to agree on!

Back