• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Love Of Christ

JRNorth

I couldn't find this posted here before, so I thought I would post it. It is one of my favourite inspirational thoughts.

There was a girl who hated herself and her life because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend... He was always there for her. She would always tell him, 'If I could only see the world, see myself, I could finally be happy and I would marry you.'

One day, she received a rare and special gift, someone had donated their eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything she had ever wanted to see, including her boyfriend.

He asked Her, 'Now that you can see the world and see yourself will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids and sunken in sockets shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at that for the rest of her life seemed unbearable and she refused to marry him.

Her boyfriend left, broken and stricken with immense grief at the loss of his love. Days later she received a note from her boyfriend that simply said: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

Then I think, who gave us everything?

God loves us because of who God is, not because of anything we did or didn't do.

Beautiful! Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights! No matter who the giver appears to be, every good and perfect gift is from God! If only we truly lived by this truth, my how different the world would be. Thank you for sharing!

Now THAT's a heavy duty story that is going to take some absorbing!

Thank you.

JR,
That is so true. Someone made a good point the other week on the radio saying that "Yes, we are saved by grace, but the concept of grace is nothing new. Grace was evident from the beginning of the world. After all, Yahuweh didn't HAVE to create the world. Yahuweh didn't NEED to create us, but out of His grace He did."

Back