• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Mommune Solution...

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Somewhere, someone mentioned mommunes on this forum and I can't find it with a search to add the video I just made on the topic...

Here is the other thread....for those interested in the comments.

So...with no fault divorce, the pill, sexusl revolution and various incarnations of feminism...we have an enormous amount of single moms raising children on their own.
We have all seen the depressingly long list of negative outcomes for both boys and girls raised by single moms.
We all also likely know that one of the best ways to ensure that your children get abused in one of the many forms, is divorce and remarriage or an constant stream of uncles and mommy's friends going in and out of their lives.

What kind of outcomes are these kids going to have one wonders.

I get the point re they are sooooooo close to an epiphany that should be obvious to everyone but my mind goes in a different direction when I see these arrangements.

In times of impending cultural and economic conditions sprinting towards collapse, it seems like another IQ test, whether one can see the value of plural marriage...especially for single moms

Second, yes I will say that when I compare my situation with that of the mono-marriage ladies I know I am grateful for the help we have in our home. This was especially apparent in May 2022 when everyone in the family caught Covid except for Amy and her kids. We were amazingly blessed to have Amy as the person who could function and get things done while we all spent a few days waiting for the HCQ to kick in.

And I still love having my best friends living with me every day!

Got curious with previous video info and found several articles of studies. This was one they mentioned. Seems I irritated some mono female friends when I shared.

I get the point re they are sooooooo close to an epiphany that should be obvious to everyone but my mind goes in a different direction when I see these arrangements.

In times of impending cultural and economic conditions sprinting towards collapse, it seems like another IQ test, whether one can see the value of plural marriage...especially for single moms
The mommune is the bridge to being open to plural marriage. It's gonna take a while for it to lead to mass acceptance, but it will get there. First step. In fact, I am not sure mass acceptance will be able to happen without this first.

Solid presentation...

It brought up two points immediately in my mind

1) Is this a precursor to Isaiah 4:1 ?

I can see how it would literally be so easy for seven women from one mommune to decide that, this particular one man is for them.

2) this verse form Sirach 26 "...a grief of heart and sorrow is a woman that is jealous over another woman..."

The only practical way that could be applied in context is within polygyny

The mommune is the bridge to being open to plural marriage. It's gonna take a while for it to lead to mass acceptance, but it will get there. First step. In fact, I am not sure mass acceptance will be able to happen without this first.

I would like to think that you are right
But I don't

What I see instead is reinforcement of the same single mom'ing...of the worst sort that we have all seen. The rotation of adult males...not men...seeing the opportunity to play in a fertile playground. I see a reinforcement of the insane leftist girl-boss go it alone, increasing the body count and lowerering the self worth and sense of value...both of themselves and their children. I see children growing up without fathers and being pray for abuse at the hands of the frequent visitors as well as the other women who should be allo-parenting.

I could paint it in more vivid colours but I think everyone can see where I am going.

I would love to think you are correct. However, I believe we will see far worse times and extreme cultural pressures before woman in our current times to see the benefits to be had in family...plural family... intentional family. Stability

I don't wish to be a downer but I have a hard time picturing any sort of insular group coming to different and alien conclusions with no new outside influences.

Last edited:
I would like to think that you are right
But I don't
I would love to think you are correct. However, I believe we will see far worse times and extreme cultural pressures

I don't wish to be a downer but I have a hard time picturing any sort of insular group coming to different and alien conclusions with no new outside influences.
I am very aware of the times we live in and how things are going. Note that I said it will take time. The situation is still a bridge. Transitions from one form to another take time. It is what it is. I feel hope when I think of the situation because I know personally how God can shift my life from one form to another and change my world and thinking in ways I never thought possible. I hope my insight as a single mom gives a little bit of perspective.

Last edited:
Got curious with previous video info and found several articles of studies. This was one they mentioned. Seems I irritated some mono female friends when I shared.

Talk about being one flesh.

(Genesis 2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Solid presentation...

It brought up two points immediately in my mind

1) Is this a precursor to Isaiah 4:1 ?

I can see how it would literally be so easy for seven women from one mommune to decide that, this particular one man is for them.

2) this verse form Sirach 26 "...a grief of heart and sorrow is a woman that is jealous over another woman..."

The only practical way that could be applied in context is within polygyny
I immediately thought about Isaiah 4:1 also. @Proverbs3.5 said, all the women get alone so well all they need to do is find a man they all like and BOOM, they got it. But they need to be willing to submit to Godly patriarchy.

Talk about being one flesh.

(Genesis 2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
What about divorce and serial monogamy?
Most of mono minded people defend serial monogamy.

Many ladies I talk with want serial monogamy and I try to explain that's not one man any more. Now.. Especially after genetic mingle stuff I learned about lately.
So today there's very little real monogamy.

So today there's very little real monogamy.
There may be more in different places. Myself and all my sisters waited for marriage....our daughter in law did too. I know others. I also have four sisters in law happily married and still on their first relationship.

It is less common since the unholy Grove (hollywood) sexualizes everything and tries to make promiscuity look glamorous and fun. That "encounters" don't need to be meaningful is a lie. ...one too many fall for.

There may be more in different places. Myself and all my sisters waited for marriage....our daughter in law did too. I know others. I also have four sisters in law happily married and still on their first relationship.

It is less common since the unholy Grove (hollywood) sexualizes everything and tries to make promiscuity look glamorous and fun. That "encounters" don't need to be meaningful is a lie. ...one too many fall for.
Yes, saw some statistics and real monogamy waiting is mostly among religious groups, so the say about 5% of population wait, maybe one third to one quarter are within religious (depending on how liberal they are). Sounds about right. My parents also waited. It's the culture corruption we live around, true.
Real monogamy is much less today.
Many ladies we met had multiple previous relationships and still believe in pure physical monogamy. Not sure why. Is it like being old and thinking we are 20?

Many ladies we met had multiple previous relationships and still believe in pure physical monogamy. Not sure why. Is it like being old and thinking we are 20?
Maybe they realize in hindsight that the many relationships they had were not fulfilling. Maybe too because their experience was not good they cannot see how plural marriage can be when done right.

My mom in law had many of the downsides. Sharing, jealousy, etc. and none of the good or blessings because they were incestuous relationships that were wrong in every way. She has never liked me even talking about polygyny. Thankfully she is supportive and is kind to my sisterwife and holds and accepts her new little granddaughter. But it can be super hard to sort out individual aspects that are connected to the same experience.

How do I know? I had to detangle mormon doctrine that was not biblical from every real and true thing that I knew from experience about God.

Back