• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Mommune Solution...

Many ladies we met had multiple previous relationships and still believe in pure physical monogamy. Not sure why.
Because that is what they have been taught.

There may be more in different places. Myself and all my sisters waited for marriage....our daughter in law did too. I know others. I also have four sisters in law happily married and still on their first relationship.

It is less common since the unholy Grove (hollywood) sexualizes everything and tries to make promiscuity look glamorous and fun. That "encounters" don't need to be meaningful is a lie. ...one too many fall for.
Sounds like you and your family are pretty set apart, from the common world, that's good. My parents were also, and stayed married all their lives.

Maybe they realize in hindsight that the many relationships they had were not fulfilling. Maybe too because their experience was not good they cannot see how plural marriage can be when done right.

My mom in law had many of the downsides. Sharing, jealousy, etc. and none of the good or blessings because they were incestuous relationships that were wrong in every way. She has never liked me even talking about polygyny. Thankfully she is supportive and is kind to my sisterwife and holds and accepts her new little granddaughter. But it can be super hard to sort out individual aspects that are connected to the same experience.

How do I know? I had to detangle mormon doctrine that was not biblical from every real and true thing that I knew from experience about God.
My "mainstream" Mormon mother in law tolerated it, father in law was proud. Lol

Many ladies we met had multiple previous relationships and still believe in pure physical monogamy. Not sure why. Is it like being old and thinking we are 20?
What I have found also. No problem with many previous relationships. Must have monogamy.

I immediately thought about Isaiah 4:1 also. @Proverbs3.5 said, all the women get alone so well all they need to do is find a man they all like and BOOM, they got it. But they need to be willing to submit to Godly patriarchy.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Have known many such households over the course of my left-field life. 'Mommunes' are a direct reflection of a shared unwillingness to submit to any kind of patriarchy, much less a godly or scriptural one.

I would like to think that you are right
But I don't

What I see instead is reinforcement of the same single mom'ing...of the worst sort that we have all seen. The rotation of adult males...not men...seeing the opportunity to play in a fertile playground. I see a reinforcement of the insane leftist girl-boss go it alone, increasing the body count and lowerering the self worth and sense of value...both of themselves and their children. I see children growing up without fathers and being pray for abuse at the hands of the frequent visitors as well as the other women who should be allow parenting.

I could paint it in more vivid colours but I think everyone can see where I am going.

I would love to think you are correct. However, I believe we will see far worse times and extreme cultural pressures before woman in our current times to see the benefits to be had in family...plural family... intentional family. Stability

I don't wish to be a downer but I have a hard time picturing any sort of insular group coming to different and alien conclusions with no new outside influences.
Boom!

This is recycled cultural failure.

And it was originally beta tested in the projects.

Back