• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Morality of Biblical Polygyny

aineo

Staff member
Real Person*
Male
Does anyone know of a link to purchase or legally download an electronic copy of 'The Morality of Biblical Polygyny' by Dr. William Luck?

Thanks Samuel. I forget that is there since I cannot get to it on an iOS device.

I had assumed that the 2014 book by Dr. Luck was building out the topic more than what was in Appendix B of Divorce and Re-Marriage: Recovering the Biblical View. It seems you are suggesting they are the same thing. Is that correct?

I did not realise there was a more recent book, I thought you were referring to that appendix. If there is a book that would be very interesting.

I would email Patriarch Publishing House and ask if there are any plans to sell it electronically. The owners are great people and I expect will be glad to help. Or contact the author directly.

Re: Using BF's menus in iOS / Morality of Biblical Polygyny

aineo, here's a way to reach BF's menus on an iOS device:

1. Tap the menu title as usual, then
  2. Hit the Back button to return from the unwanted page that loads.
The menu you want should now be visible.

BF's menu titles each have 2 outcomes: a page that loads if you click it and a menu that pops up if you hover. iOS treats your finger-tap as both a hover and a click. Hitting the Back button is like using "Undo" on the click. And since the menu got hover-activated before you left the page, it's still there when you return.

Mystic, you have no idea how happy you've just made me. This has been something I've wished would work for some time. Thanks!

Well since it seems there is a difference between this book and the appendix, does anyone who had read both have an opinion to share about them. Are they in fact the same, just a different format or does the recent book go into more detail than the previously available appendix? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Does anyone know of a link to purchase or legally download an electronic copy of 'The Morality of Biblical Polygyny' by Dr. William Luck?
If you buy Pilkington's "The Great Omission," One of the Appendices is the full text of Luck's pamphlet.

Back