• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General The myth of constitutional checks and balances

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
I don't want to derail the NZ Convoy thread, but these comments point to a larger problem in the world as a whole, and I thought to share some info I found helpful in sorting out how we got here as a society.

As much as I like the accountability of elected sheriffs, having worked for both a sheriff's office and three different city police departments all while working with elected district and county attorneys the core of the issue is an uninterested electorate.
I remember a quote I am too lazy to research at the moment. "If a people expect to be ignorant and free, they expect what never was and never can be."
Here it is in comic form.
e75f7d27ddd58ff87518c00273856faf.jpg

Our creator put the responsibility of educating children on the fathers, the responsibility to see that justice and judgment were carried out on every man in Israel, and He NEVER authorized man to make law.
While the constitution and law are supposed to function as objective standards to measure performance, how your actions reflect on an elected official play a much larger role than they should, one of the reasons sheriffs offices don't write tickets or enforce other criminal laws to the extent municipal and state agencies do is that every person they interact with is first and foremost a voter.
Ted Weiland has written a book called Bible Law vs the United States Constitution that really digs in and compares what we have, with what YHWH authorized.
It can be read online free, or ordered ....and it is suggested donations for materials. They will send it if you only ask for it.
He also wrote on his blog about the beauty of judicial supremacy. ....and suggested a new declaration and constitution for us that would recognize His throne....instead of man's constitution as supreme.

Only YHWH can create real checks and balances.....or provide freedom for all. "For the Lord is that spirit, and where the Spirit of The Lord is there is LIBERTY."

Lysander Spooner was an educated man. A lawyer and a minister, he had an uncommon perspective that I would call inspired. His writings Natural Law and No Treason can be found online and give insight into the mind of an "Elder" from a time before men lost their manliness and got chemically castrated. (Thank you plastic....info video here)

Just suggested reading if anyone wants to look deeper into these ideas.

Please do read some of it so that discussion here can be related to these concepts. Thanks!!

I would like to read that! I love law and public policy, in a round about way this is how I ended up carrying a badge (I carried a gun long before I got a badge) and driving funny painted cars. Anyway, I started as a theonomist and have gradually evolved to Torah, but that book sounds interesting.

I started as a theonomist and have gradually evolved to Torah,
Off topic, but brother, don't let anything (even the Torah) distract you from God with us, the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We love the Torah because it comes from, and points to the King Himself. The King has no equal, and will alone be worshipped and adored.

It must never be "Jesus and Torah". It must instead be Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. We love Torah because it is His Torah.

Please forgive me if I misread you, its just that I fear people missing out on the Treasure Himself.

I would like to read that! I love law and public policy, in a round about way this is how I ended up carrying a badge (I carried a gun long before I got a badge) and driving funny painted cars. Anyway, I started as a theonomist and have gradually evolved to Torah, but that book sounds interesting.
We are thankful to have God honoring men like you as peace officers. I wish there were a lot more like you.

I don't want to derail the NZ Convoy thread, but these comments point to a larger problem in the world as a whole, and I thought to share some info I found helpful in sorting out how we got here as a society.

I remember a quote I am too lazy to research at the moment. "If a people expect to be ignorant and free, they expect what never was and never can be."
Here it is in comic form.
View attachment 2843

Our creator put the responsibility of educating children on the fathers, the responsibility to see that justice and judgment were carried out on every man in Israel, and He NEVER authorized man to make law.

Ted Weiland has written a book called Bible Law vs the United States Constitution that really digs in and compares what we have, with what YHWH authorized.
It can be read online free, or ordered ....and it is suggested donations for materials. They will send it if you only ask for it.
He also wrote on his blog about the beauty of judicial supremacy. ....and suggested a new declaration and constitution for us that would recognize His throne....instead of man's constitution as supreme.

Only YHWH can create real checks and balances.....or provide freedom for all. "For the Lord is that spirit, and where the Spirit of The Lord is there is LIBERTY."

Lysander Spooner was an educated man. A lawyer and a minister, he had an uncommon perspective that I would call inspired. His writings Natural Law and No Treason can be found online and give insight into the mind of an "Elder" from a time before men lost their manliness and got chemically castrated. (Thank you plastic....info video here)

Just suggested reading if anyone wants to look deeper into these ideas.

Please do read some of it so that discussion here can be related to these concepts. Thanks!!
I think Weiland is on to something. Our allegiance must be to Christ, and His will, rather than the Constitution. The US Constitution is better than most, but is idolatrous in that it doesn't explicitly submit to Jesus Christ Himself.

Ordered from amazon!
That book was the single most eye opening thing I have ever read. I was raised believing in God and Jesus from a mormon perspective. I was able to detach myself from a lot of their extra-biblical doctrines in part by digging into the Bible and word studies. Once you realize how a word is used biblically and in context, you are way less likely to just believe it means....what the pastor or seminary teacher, or Sunday school teacher says it does.
We have been told all our lives that the constitution was compatible with the Bible and Christianity. ....but what if it's not?

We are thankful to have God honoring men like you as peace officers. I wish there were a lot more like you.
And might I suggest that our system could be improved if instead of a county wide sherriff we had local accountability with elected peace officers in every town....or even neighborhood?

Then just picture judges that are biblically qualified and FEAR YHWH that minister His law, judging between men when there is an actual harm/damage.

No man made laws....or polishittans so far away they can not be tarred and feathered when they need it. Lol

Starts sounding good. Keep em close.....a stones throw away close.

So I started reading Constitution law vs. Bible law... eye opener! I grew up under the Barton teaching on the origins of American government, believing the founders to be good, honest Christian men who wanted to found a government that would support Christianity. Reading that book exposes the clear fallacy of that position. The founders had just enough circumstantial evidence of faith to get indicted, but certainly not enough to be convicted. Looking at the not mere omission, but actual rejection of YHWH in their writings compared to the laws of the earlier puritans it is evident they had no intention of recognizing or acknowledging YHWH in their dealings. They clearly established the people as god, rejecting divine law to favor their own means. @Joleneakamama thank you so much for that recommendation!

You are more then welcome, and you just wrote a great review @ATexasPeacekeeper! :)

There is a saying I heard somewhere that reminds me of the man that wrote that book. "In a land of the blind the one eyed is king" he only has one eye, but sees through so many false claims about our 'Founding fathers" (or more specifically the document they penned) that most christians just accept.

He likes to say that "everything goes wrong just right".
I am sure YHWH had a purpose in everything, including the constitution.
The constitution was and is, like any other false god, a tester of the people's diligence in proving all things and following YHWH.

You would probably enjoy Lysander Spooner's writing as well.

Last edited:
Back