• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The ONLY two created in the beginning?

I will leave it up to Christians themselves to have an argument over who is a real Christian.

I prefer the Bible.

1 John 2:1-5 NKJV My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (2) And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. (3) Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. (4) He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (5) But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

Hey Isabella,

I love to see how you question and prod for more in-depth answers! In Revelation (don't know where off hand) it is written that it is better to be hot or cold rather than lukewarm. I admire you greatly for taking a stand because it means that you are questioning and searching. It is those who are apathetic (lukewarm), who could really care less, who are damned. You are not lukewarm my dear!

I guess what brought me to faith in Christ was forgiveness first and foremost. I was watching my blond haired, blue eyed baby toddle through a patch of sunlight in the living room when I thought of the baby boy that I had aborted not more than seven years before. I wondered how it was that I deserved to have a child as beautiful and wonderful as my son when I was such a wretch of a human being. You see, I could have thought that the fact that I had my son to love was proof that there was no God; after all, where was the punishment for what I had done to my previous child? I was allowed to love that beautiful boy even though I "chose" to have my last child cut to pieces and sucked from my womb. Instead of the pain and suffering that I deserved, I was given another life to cherish. I accepted that I was loved and forgiven.

Even after I accepted forgiveness I still questioned though. I wanted assurance. Christ doesn't tell us to believe without asking questions.

I came across this prophecy below. This bunch of words was written a long time before Christ was born. These words gave me the assurance that I was seeking and furthered my faith in Christ.

Isaiah 53

1 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the LORD’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the LORD makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

I hope that one day you will write of your faith in Christ! Until then, keep seeking!!!

Hello Lysistrata,

Thank you for your kind words, I am sorry that you felt so much guilt after your son was born. I am glad you have found some peace with that guilt, however that peace was attained. Please forgive me for not being very clear and giving you the wrong impression but I am not a 'spiritual' seeker, I seek knowledge about what others believe but I am actually spiritually fulfilled and not seeking. I don't connect with the concept of Jesus at all, it isn't really part of my cultural background anyway.

Thank you again for your kind words though.

Bels

Isabella,

I sure wish my wife would join this forum and tell her story. But she speaks English as a second language, and I would have to do most of the actual writing - which I will gladly do if she ever does want to share on this forum. She is Navajo, and her native culture was (and still is) one that totally rejects "white man's religion" and instead, worships "daisies and dandelions." (Worshiping creation rather than the Creator.)

When she became a born-again Christian at age 12, her father disowned her and her brother tried to kill her. Both have died since we were married almost 12 years ago, and both became born-again Christians years before they died, as did her recently-deceased mother.

My wife is one of the finest Christians I know. So don't tell me "it's not my culture." Jesus died for ALL people on Earth.

Including Bels.

I'm praying for you.

PolyDoc, I appreciate that your wife has a distinct experience, but I feel that you are very disrespectful to me when you write
So don't tell me "it's not my culture." Jesus died for ALL people on Earth.

First of all, I wasn't responding to you, but Lysistrata. Secondly, I have the right to talk of my OWN experience and my own cultural norms, how dare you disrespect that and dismiss it? I am not your wife, nor do I come from her cultural background.
Thirdly, my belief has nothing to do with yours, if you feel the need to pray that is your concern, but it will have no effect on my life.

B

Isabella, you missed the point entirely. I was not dismissing your experiences or disrespecting you or your culture. I was expressing my own experiences, and that of my wife.

This is an open forum, not a PM I somehow was able to eavesdrop on. It's not even one of the "members-only" forums here on BF. Therefore, I was not out of place to respond to a comment that Jesus is "not my culture," regardless of whose post you may have been responding to. If you want to have a private conversation with someone, use PMs or regular email, not a public forum. To any evangelical Christian, seeing something like that in a public forum is like waving the proverbial red flag in front of the proverbial bull.

I intended no disrespect to your culture, I don't even know what your culture is. I'm sorry you took offense, none was intended. I used my wife's native culture and her experience in leaving it as an example because that is one I am painfully aware of, not because I think yours or hers or any other culture is anything special (bad or good) to anyone outside said culture. There's things I hate about my native culture, like that monogamy-only bias.

I don't know if you are married or not, but if you are, your husband is blessed to have an intelligent, thinking wife. (I am so blessed, as well!)

if you feel the need to pray that is your concern, but it will have no effect on my life.
You obviously don't know anything about our Creator, YHWH. (That's how His name is often written in the Old Testament, but in Hebrew letters, of course.) Maybe you should try praying to Him yourself and see what effect that has on your life. Start with something small, maybe like asking Him how to deal with that idiot PolyDoc... :D

John 8:32 NKJV And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

PS- I guess I was disrespecting my wife's native culture, because I see every day the heartache and destruction that results from it. 70% unemployment among the Navajo people (that was before the Obama-bust, it's worse now), alcoholism, drug abuse, family violence, the list seems endless. Far worse than that of any other culture I have witnessed first-hand. Thus, my "daisies and dandelions" comment.

Polydoc, I think you missed my point, which was I found this
So don't tell me....
not only disrespectful, but incorrect, since I wasn't addressing any point of yours, but a point of Lysistrata.

I am aware that this is a public forum, you can address whatever I write in the same way I can address whatever you write, for example I would not want any husband of mine to publicly denigrate my background and culture, however, that is your wife's problem.

I don't know how your faith works and to be honest the inner workings and the long bible passages don't interest me and I don't have the patience to read through it all, (sorry) I am sure praying for 'lost souls' will give you much comfort but I can assure you that it's pretty meaningless to me, although I appreciate the good intentions.

Thank you for the apology but I would appreciate it more if you stopped offending me and then needing to apologise.

regards,
B

Please don't take this wrong, Isabella, I hope you stay active on this forum for a long time. But I'm kind-of sort-of wondering why you are here at all.
to be honest the inner workings and the long bible passages don't interest me and I don't have the patience to read through it all
This is BiblicalFamilies.org...and by your own admission, you don't read the Bible (much? or at all? you didn't say).

When I was not a born-again Christian, the last place I wanted to be was with a bunch of Bible-thumpers (like what I am now :? ) until I got to the point that I really wanted something better than the world had to offer.

Please don't take offense at this, none is intended. Don't bother answering, it's just another idle question of this infidel-turned-Bible-thumper's mind. If there is an answer, it is probably different for you than it was for me.

Polydoc, I think you missed my point, which was I found this

So don't tell me....

not only disrespectful, but incorrect, since I wasn't addressing any point of yours, but a point of Lysistrata.
For me, one who often thinks different that the rest of the herd :ugeek: , the "don't tell me" is a literary device that does not translate well from the spoken word (as in "sermon") to the written. I need to find another expression that is not so harsh to others when written. (Any suggestions?) It's not an expression of disbelief, because obviously you did tell someone (who was specifically addressed is not relevant to this geek's mind {public forum...}) and you do say, feel, think, etc., the "whatever" that follows that expression. Nor is it a command to you (or anyone else) to NOT say, feel, think, etc., the "whatever." I'm not trying to stifle any conversation at all. When I use it in a sermon, "don't tell me" is meant to be rhetorical. (And no, I have NEVER mentioned you or anything you said on this forum in a sermon. I would not do so without your explicit permission.)

How can we turn this thread back to the original topic? I'm at least as guilty as anyone else for getting it off track...

PolyDoc said:
When I was not a born-again Christian, the last place I wanted to be was with a bunch of Bible-thumpers (like what I am now :? ) until I got to the point that I really wanted something better than the world had to offer.

Please don't take offense

None taken, to answer your question, even though it seems it was slightly rhetorical, the reason why I come here is to learn more about religious Polygamists, not to know more about your religion, any more than I need to know to understand why you feel you need to be Polygamists at all (like yesterday when I asked about whether you need to be or just want to be exchange with Cecil W). I want to communicate with, find common ground and also show my support for all of you who are trying to live this life. It is horrible and isolating being so ostracised when you are open about your belief in Polygamy and many people here face hostility not only from the secular world but also from their own religious communities. Whilst I might tease or provoke with the occasional comment, I try not to offend anyone and I am confident enough with my beliefs that I don't feel threatened by other peoples beliefs and in fact, I really like how many of you get involved and excited about your religion, it is great to see so much scholarship and enthusiasm.

kind regards,

B.

Hey Bels,

Since most of us here ARE clear "Christians" and "Seekers after God", and mostly Protestant of one flavor or another, and it IS BiblicalFamilies and you are NOT, if I understand all of this correctly, ...

Howz about writing a section in the Introductions section that tells us a bit more about yourself, what your cultural background is, what your spiritual point of view actually is, are you interested in being married in a PM or just having fun knowing funky folks, etc. Then we'll know a bit better and not make as many assumptions about you that blindside us when we turn out to be in error.

The assumptions prove true amongst us, by and large. So we need a clear heads up when thy don't. :)

Isabella,
PolyDoc isn't the only one praying for you. You can add me to the list and others as well.

dittos

Back