• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

Not posting this at anyone. Just posting it.

Having read Mein Kampf and having read other books of the time especially by the eugenicists of the early 1900's I have to say that Hitler's views on Jewish people were mainstream in the era in which he stated them.

Jews were at best tolerated in the West of the 1920's and 1930's.

Trying not to write an essay here what happened with the Jews and the Nazis was racism metastasized.

When the Allies liberated the Nazi concentration camps they were horrified by what they saw, true. But what they saw also challenged their own bigotries against the Jews. They saw where their own hatred could lead.

This shock to Western culture laid the seeds for undoing apartheid in the 1960's to 1990's.

My point is that what was most horrifying about Hitler to civilized people is how much of what was in their hearts and in their mouths that resembled Hitler.

And I think it's fair to say that some of the concerns about wealthy Jewish individuals in high places were legitimate - just as we are right to be concerned about the agenda of all wealthy people. The problem was that this core of legitimate concerns about a few individuals was pushed by racist elements of society, both through popular literature and politics, most notably by the Nazis, to become a condemnation of a race as a whole. And then, when that evil was exposed, the pendulum swung back too far in the other direction, to the point that any criticism of any Jew is labelled "antisemitism" - which is another evil. And the pendulum keeps swinging back too far in one direction or the other everywhere, it never fully settles back in the middle where calm discussion of such matters is permitted, because someone always screams "Jew" or "antisemite" and sets off the pendulum swinging again.

And I think it's fair to say that some of the concerns about wealthy Jewish individuals in high places were legitimate - just as we are right to be concerned about the agenda of all wealthy people. The problem was that this core of legitimate concerns about a few individuals was pushed by racist elements of society, both through popular literature and politics, most notably by the Nazis, to become a condemnation of a race as a whole. And then, when that evil was exposed, the pendulum swung back too far in the other direction, to the point that any criticism of any Jew is labelled "antisemitism" - which is another evil. And the pendulum keeps swinging back too far in one direction or the other everywhere, it never fully settles back in the middle where calm discussion of such matters is permitted, because someone always screams "Jew" or "antisemite" and sets off the pendulum swinging again.

Oddly, the root source (not cause) of the issue with wealthy Jewish people goes back to the Christian views on interest, debt, loans, and the morality of handling money.

Christians who felt these things were forbidden to them encouraged Jewish people to set up banks where the Christians allowed themselves to conduct banking business. Which made for insanely wealthy Jewish families like the Rothschilds.

Christians created the situation that engendered Jewish wealth and then the Christians blamed the Jews for being wealthy and then asking them for loans. :rolleyes:

I've known wonderful Jewish people who taught me beautiful Jewish traditions and I've known some of the Jewish people that Hitler warned you about.

If that latter comment shocks you please know that it is a paraphrase of the exact words from a man I once knew named Cary Greenburg: "I'm the Jew Hitler warned you about." he once dryly and proudly said to me.

And I would tend to agree with him. He is a sad excuse for a human being.

As to the frailties of the Jewish people? It is nothing that they cannot address by paying attention to 2 Chronicles 7:14:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

IMHO the problem with Jews going bad is that they are immensely talented as a people and when their talents are misdirected they can cause immense harm.

I think so many of their problems would be diminished with the re-establishment of The Temple as the center of Jewish life. They are a people of the Diaspora and they are lost.

They need to come back to God and, frankly, they need to set themselves apart from Christians and Western culture.

I think so many of their problems would be diminished with the re-establishment of The Temple as the center of Jewish life. They are a people of the Diaspora and they are lost.

They need to come back to God and, frankly, they need to set themselves apart from Christians and Western culture.
The solution for them cannot be the re-establishment of a Judaism that rejects their Messiah. It is the rejection of Him and an attempt to take back the land through other means instead of following His Way that caused their dispersion by the Romans in the first place. So they need to come back to God - but not by reestablishing a Jewish temple and setting themselves apart from Christians. Rather by turning to Christ and establishing a Messianic religious order that is in close communion with the Gentile Church.

The solution for them cannot be the re-establishment of a Judaism that rejects their Messiah. It is the rejection of Him and an attempt to take back the land through other means instead of following His Way that caused their dispersion by the Romans in the first place. So they need to come back to God - but not by reestablishing a Jewish temple and setting themselves apart from Christians. Rather by turning to Christ and establishing a Messianic religious order that is in close communion with the Gentile Church.
And therein lies the rub. (Emphasis added.)

And why most "evangelical" outreach from a 'church' that those who have studied "TNKH" know is pagan, and pushes a "christ" (who supposedly "did away with The Law") that they KNOW, and can PROVE, can NOT be the Promised Mashiach.

Until the 'gentile' Captial-C 'Church' figures that out, there will only be animosity.

PS> For any here on BF who might doubt that, try this experiment for yourself.

I have found that virtually NO 'Torah-observant religious Jews' (who actually study Scripture and 'follow Hashem') will reject out-of-hand the concept of polygyny the way most 'sunday-christians' will.*

There is a message there.

--------------------------
* More among that group, for example, will know of Rabbi Gershom and his t'kanah, and even some of the rabbinic teachings about 'practicality,' but also that it is never prohibited in Scripture.

Back