• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The plight of the unmarried

The shortage of men's ministries -- or just media made by men: books, blogs, YouTube, etc. -- my question is: what are all these women who claim to love men, at least their husbands and sons, actually doing about it?

Like take the lack of men's ministries: don't the see that and have concerns? Do they organize and figure out how to contribute? Do they make efforts to help their husbands have the same kind of time that they do so their husbands can invest themselves in ministry? Because the situation I see constantly is that men have little existence outside of their jobs, housework (handyman kind of work, mowing lawn, i.e. men's chores), or other errands, but it's their wives that have time to participate to a comparatively enormous extent. I even know a couple like this and the man has his complaints about gynocentrism in church, devoured by his job and obligations (he has NO time), while his wife could lead a women's ministry, and I'm thinking, good grief, what do you expect when women are simply the only ones with the time to have meaningful participation -- both input and output -- in the culture and society of the place? Why can't more women back up their husbands to support men in Christianity in general (church communities and media) the way we constantly see the reverse?

Last edited:
Back