• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The quiet part out loud

It seems to me that the biggest issue we here face is that we've dared to say the quiet part out loud. Indeed, how many Christian leaders have had their ministries go down in a fiery blaze after it came out that they'd been unable to live up to the monogamy-only lies.

What if we found a way to teach polygyny as a way to minister to the ministers. Provide them a righteous expression so they don't have to find hidden ways to express their inclination... Knowing that pastors, teachers, and leaders have such a huge target on them at all times, we should devise means for them to be safeguarded against the temptation to find a way to express their desire that isn't hidden which often equates to temporary/paid-for/illegal/adulterous/etc.

What if we re-packaged what we are proposing as a tool-kit to satisfy those inclinations in a Biblical way so as to not leave such leaders with so much exposure to the temptation to give in to it in other ways? Perhaps we could set up a Ted Talk, or something that would seek to change the perception in the public eye rather than just fighting with local communities/debating online. Methinks the general public is a lot more pliable and, unfortunately, a lot of the Church follows the trends in the world. I wonder whether we could co-opt that delivery system to get a Biblical thing going instead.

It seems to me that the biggest issue we here face is that we've dared to say the quiet part out loud. Indeed, how many Christian leaders have had their ministries go down in a fiery blaze after it came out that they'd been unable to live up to the monogamy-only lies.

What if we found a way to teach polygyny as a way to minister to the ministers. Provide them a righteous expression so they don't have to find hidden ways to express their inclination... Knowing that pastors, teachers, and leaders have such a huge target on them at all times, we should devise means for them to be safeguarded against the temptation to find a way to express their desire that isn't hidden which often equates to temporary/paid-for/illegal/adulterous/etc.

What if we re-packaged what we are proposing as a tool-kit to satisfy those inclinations in a Biblical way so as to not leave such leaders with so much exposure to the temptation to give in to it in other ways? Perhaps we could set up a Ted Talk, or something that would seek to change the perception in the public eye rather than just fighting with local communities/debating online. Methinks the general public is a lot more pliable and, unfortunately, a lot of the Church follows the trends in the world. I wonder whether we could co-opt that delivery system to get a Biblical thing going instead.
I doubt minister don't know the truth.

At least they were exposed to it. How else did they receive training why suddenly polygyny in New Testament is bad?

Real issue is whole church culture. No change is possible if truth speakers get excommunicated.

Which is why I suggest planting the idea in the wider culture.
Not to derail the direction of the conversation as I like the basic concept...but you will need some successful rebranding. The brainrot degenerate swinger types have very successfully pulled the poly moniker out from under us like a cartoon rabbit yanking on a rug and dumping us on our cultural asses.

Yes to a big push to properly educate ministers and Saffold_Drumline.jpg on the idea of marriage marriage marriage boom boom boom.. Doubled down marriage, turbo marriage, extended dance remix marriage...however you want to brand it but along with scriptural proofs, I really think divorce rate data and how it negatively effects life outcomes for children. Let's throw in birth rates and info on the population crash we have going on right now. Hell's bells, look at woman's mental health and happiness scores just going over the cliff in recent decades.

Give us pligs an open playing field and I suspect we can absolutely put a dent in that birth rate decline and maybe even a decent crack at the happiness of a bunch of ladies. That is just one positive aspect obviously...I really don't need to preach the benefits here to the choir but it should be a concise argument one can present.

Proof of origins of the banning of polygyny in host cultures and then the church and then how it was pushed all over the planet erroneously as some form of sin.
Pfffffft OK. Totally sinful to marry, provide for and love woman in a permanent life bond. Yeeeeah

So, I like the principle of the project but as a guy who convinces people of things as part of how I make my living, I would like to see all objections met before they can be brought.

Has anyone here compiled a large document or tretis on breaking down all of the religious and or historical objections? The cultural degradation and harms of the dissolution of the family and by extension the limiting of the family are easy enough to wrangle up data one.

Has anyone here compiled a large document or tretis on breaking down all of the religious and or historical objections? The cultural degradation and harms of the dissolution of the family and by extension the limiting of the family are easy enough to wrangle up data one.

My book deals with all the scriptural arguments against. A bunch of the “moral” arguments. And in the second part of the book it’s mostly making the emotional appeal to the reader. First portion is logic, scriptural, hard fact, very legal structured argumentation. Second portion will have stories, emotional appeals, feminine perspectives, more of the positive argumentation and appeals to uphold the Christian call to visit the widows and fatherless in their affliction.

Hope to get my first draft completed this year.

My book deals with all the scriptural arguments against. A bunch of the “moral” arguments. And in the second part of the book it’s mostly making the emotional appeal to the reader. First portion is logic, scriptural, hard fact, very legal structured argumentation. Second portion will have stories, emotional appeals, feminine perspectives, more of the positive argumentation and appeals to uphold the Christian call to visit the widows and fatherless in their affliction.

A book? That’s an interesting approach that I hadn’t thought of! I’ve been working on a pro-polygyny laser beam devise that zaps the target’s frontal cortex which switches on the pro-polygyny mindset. I only need to raise a few million and then I should be able to go into final testing with it. Maybe it’s something BF would be interested in crowd funding??

A book? That’s an interesting approach that I hadn’t thought of!
Sarcasm doesn’t translate very well via written word. Are you trying to be funny?

Books? The theological arguments are one side, but the heart is the other. Let's write a bunch of romance novel series' that slowly lead the main character female into a Biblical polygynous relationship wherein she finds fulfillment, security, etc. It should be a series in which people are invested before it turns polygynous. That way they will swallow the medicine. The Leftists do this all the time. Watch one season of a show and it's really good. Season 2,3,4 and everyone is coming out queer in one way or another, but you already care about them so you want things to work out. It's a proven and successful tactic.

Sarcasm doesn’t translate very well via written word. Are you trying to be funny?
I found it hilarious, because it was humour that touched on a truth like all good humour should. Although I don't intend to discourage you from writing your book, there already are a lot of books on the topic, and talking-head style Youtube videos - but that's it, and those are things that usually only inform those who are already looking for the information anyway. What we are lacking is other delivery methods which will actually impact the wider culture. Documentaries, fictional TV shows / movies, public conferences, laser beams... Innovation is a great idea!

Nick, I have a lot of confidence in you, and believe you will do a good job with this book.

I would suggest that the second part of the book will probably be far more helpful than the first.

Those of us here at BF are the type of people who are persuaded by Scriptural reasoning, but most people aren't.

Most people are persuaded by emotional appeal, not Scriptural reasoning, or logical analysis.

I wonder if your first half - second half might not be the best way to go. I wonder if two separate books might be better, or perhaps a mixture of the two types of arguments together.

Most people wouldn't make it through the first half of the book, to get to the second half, where we actually have a chance at persuading them.

Is there a way to paint a beautiful picture of a patriarchal polygynous family, and then giving Biblical evidence to defend it?

Each chapter could tell a story and then link it with a given Biblical truth.

Back