• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The 'Ten Commandments' are a litmus test for spiritual war

@Daniel DeLuca, I am not going to prevent anybody from even making the slightest side-mention of the sabbath. @Mark C did not write a lecture, he made a very brief reference to it in part of one sentence and then dropped the matter, and nobody in this thread has mentioned it until you brought it up. The only person who has posted anything in this particular thread preaching a particular view on the sabbath is yourself, with the video in your latest post - which is completely mis-targeted anyway because I don't think anyone here follows Ellen White's teachings.

If this thread does become a Torah debate, we'll step in and stop it. But what I see so far is brotherly cooperative discussion that I don't want to discourage in any way - just have a look at who has "liked" whose posts. The same people have "liked" both comments by @Mark C and comments by @Maddog, who represent the two poles of opinion. This shows there are not two camps here having an argument, but people with a range of opinions having a calm chat as brothers. Which is completely fine by me.

The main issue of concern is this whole Sabbath Day issue that got brought up.
We are allowed to discuss our beliefs in this area, the Messianic Ghetto.
If you want to have a discussion and try prove your understanding to be true, I ask you to do it respectfully.
Posting dueling videos is just a lazy way to attack people who have other opinions.

Where are the moderators when you need them? This is just another thread trying to promote a core tenant of Torah Observance!!!!
I’m watching it. The Ten Commandments are pretty universally accepted as still being valid throughout Christendom. Certainly the OP is testing the limits of the policy but he hasn’t yet said ( in this thread) that anyone has to keep all of the Law. Neither has he criticized anyone who doesn’t.

You won’t be protected from ideas you don’t like here. You will only be spared the pointless distraction of a profitless debate.

Where am I? About to click "mark all forums read", then thought I'd have a glance here first, and there's a comment directed at the moderators. I almost just marked it read. @Daniel DeLuca, if you want to get the moderators attention, click the report button. Or at least tag us in your comment so it comes up as an alert. Do not assume we have time to read every thread and see every random comment. Especially if you think we're not around - maybe we actually aren't around. There is a reporting tool for a reason. I only read a fraction of what is written on the forum.

Fair question though, I'll tag @The Revolting Man to get his attention also in case he has an opinion on it. I had not seen this as problematic as it is pretty normal for most Christians to accept the 10 Commandments, so from the title I didn't see this as being any sort of Torah promotion beyond the normal range you'd find in any regular church, and it's specifically in the Hebrew Roots section of the forum anyway. So no action from me at this stage unless someone wants to explain an issue I've missed - and the best way to do that is to click "report".
I thought he was just joking about the moderator needed comment. It's just discussion.

This is just another thread trying to promote a core tenant of Torah Observance!!!!
Heaven forbid that we would be allowed to promote our own beliefs in our own ghetto.

Where are the moderators? I trust you don't mean censors. I am not Torah observant BUT(!), God's ideas for living our lives are far superior to man's. Case in point: Eating poop is just a bad idea. Yet I enjoy the classic filter feeders in water(ocean) in clams and oysters. They are there to cleanse the water of impurities(read that waste, etc, etc.). In ancient days we did not have sewage treatment plants. So, where did all the crap go? Down river to the giant repository called the ocean. Did it just dilute in the vastness of water? Well, kinda yes but then our Father made the system a self-cleaning one with billions of FRAM filters called clams and other shellfish. In reality off the vast west coast we have a really nice water environment and the critters are not as polluted as in east asia where the locals trash the river literally. I don't really have that much of a problem eating shellfish when I know where it came from because I know it is relatively safe. However looking back at scripture and the lack of hygienically potent practices, God says "Don't eat that!" It is just a great idea to follow that directive in spite of the religious camp we identify with. Don't eat poop. Don't play with your poop(or anybody elses), you are rather dirty-filthy-abominable-yucky and stinky when you do. God's rules are really quite practical if you want to stay healthy. Pragmatists Unite!

At this point I am going to reiterate something I have said before, not only in this Ghetto, but elsewhere.

I do find the term "torah keeper" to be a bit asinine, particularly on any forum even remotely dedicated to "walking" in obedience to His Word. Whatever you may call it. The word "torah" means "instruction." It's HIS Instruction. And IMHO it's kinda silly, at best, to claim you believe Scripture, but don't want to actually follow His Instruction. Which is what every word of Scripture is. And should be.

As for this thread:

I put that the "Ten Commandments are a litmus test..." in the title for a reason. I contend that they are. And that most folks haven't read 'em, much less recognized that they are part of a Whole.

And if people don't WANT to read His Word, fine. You certainly don't have to listen to a podcast. But I put up a midrash recording with the intent of a MUCH deeper study of His Word, as Written, than a flippant comment requesting censorship even deserves.

And I'm happy to answer questions about the teaching. Always. (That's what "midrash" means!) But, as some may have seen, I don't much care to respond to mockers that can't even be bothered to listen to the subject before spouting off "half-cocked." And, I will suggest again, ANYBODY who has listened to that recording will instantly be able to recognize the scoffers and mockers from the Bereans.

Back