• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The ungodly man

God is righteous and he has the authority to kill. It's his creation, he can kill anyone he wants for any reason he wants. He is not subject to our laws. Everything he does is righteous and holy. Including what we perceive to be wrong.

That said, he didn't have Abraham kill Isaac.
I know, i was speaking to revolting man with that quote. I'm arguing that a woman can refuse on grounds of sin, like if her husband demands she aborts her child, for instance.

The husband's authority is not absolute. He is not God.
This is another one I've encountered, usually vehemently, and goes hand in hand with the argument of "outside of his authority". Which steers us right back to the female sitting in judgment over the male, and him "earning" her "submission".

If this then is of the same family of deception, the other option, that his covering indemnifies her before God, must be true. Is there any other answer? Otherwise God put her in a defenseless no-win situation, which He has promised He will not do. Her leaving, by the way, is also rebellion.

None of this is to say she would not suffer consequences in earth. Entire families have been put to the sword because of the decisions of the father. This discussion is only concerning a husband's (and a father's, we'll have to get back to that) authority and a wife's (or children's) duty to submit and obey.

Stop using such a ridiculous argument
Y'all don't mock someone for testing the extremes. This is how you discover falsehood. The middle ground is comfortable, but God's Word will stand the test. The truth doesn't mind being questioned.

This is another one I've encountered, usually vehemently, and goes hand in hand with the argument of "outside of his authority". Which steers us right back to the female sitting in judgment over the male, and him "earning" her "submission".

If this then is of the same family of deception, the other option, that his covering indemnifies her before God, must be true. Is there any other answer? Otherwise God put her in a defenseless no-win situation, which He has promised He will not do. Her leaving, by the way, is also rebellion.

None of this is to say she would not suffer consequences in earth. Entire families have been put to the sword because of the decisions of the father. This discussion is only concerning a husband's (and a father's, we'll have to get back to that) authority and a wife's (or children's) duty to submit and obey.

Y'all don't mock someone for testing the extremes. This is how you discover falsehood. The middle ground is comfortable, but God's Word will stand the test. The truth doesn't mind being questioned.
If a woman is not responsible for her own sin in any way, and her husband is responsible for her sins, then i say to the woman obey him in absolutely everything--even sin.

So i guess another pertinent question would be, is the woman responsible for her sins? I'd like to know if anyone has any scripture for either side of that case.

Husband and wife isn't restricted to Christianity alone. The question stands the same. Should wives always obey their husbands, even in sin?
Ok, do you know any husband that demanded his wife kill their unborn child? That’s not a rhetorical question, I am genuinely curious if you have personally seen this situation?

Do you know a “christian husband” who demanded his wife kill their baby?
Personally, no, but I know there have been Christian men that have told their wife to have an abortion. An abortion is murder.

There have been millions of abortions committed in the US. At least one of them have been by Christians. It's happened before.

If a woman is not responsible for her own sin in any way, and her husband is responsible for her sins, then i say to the woman obey him in absolutely everything--even sin.

So i guess another pertinent question would be, is the woman responsible for her sins? I'd like to know if anyone has any scripture for either side of that case.
No no no. There are plenty of sins a woman can commit independently of her husband. The focus is if her husband gives her an ungodly command.

Ok, do you know any husband that demanded his wife kill their unborn child? That’s not a rhetorical question, I am genuinely curious if you have personally seen this situation?
Not in person, no, i suspect most people don't know many people in person who have aborted. But there are many testimonies of husband, much like boyfriends, who took their wives to abort their children because it wasn't in their timing, or they did not want the burden of a baby. Many married people today do not even want kids in America. Pro-life groups, advocates, speak of this being more regular than people think.

Goes for fathers too, mothers, grandmothers. Many people involved in demanding a woman abort her child. I only know this because my wife is very pro life and tells me these things, shows me the stats, and all of that. The question is very relevant, but even if it weren't, the question remains legitimate.

Personally, no, but I know there have been Christian men that have told their wife to have an abortion. An abortion is murder.

There have been millions of abortions committed in the US. At least one of them have been by Christians. It's happened before.
Yep, abortion is murder. She should leave, and remain single.

Husband and wife isn't restricted to Christianity alone. The question stands the same. Should wives always obey their husbands, even in sin?
Really?
You are going to extrapolate this over all married people in the world?

No no no. There are plenty of sins a woman can commit independently of her husband. The focus is if her husband gives her an ungodly command.
So yeah, if she is responsible for her own sins, then that would be a nail in the coffin for me for the argument. If she must leave in order to defy her husband, then she is still able to defy him, in sin. I think most of us agree, we just argue the same points differently.

Ok I agree with you. For me though, this is an act of defiance and an affirmation to my argument. She should leave.
Yes
She has a choice.
If she needs to defy her husband, she doesn’t have one.
She is still tied to him in marriage, but she doesn’t really have a husband.
This is where the rest of the community must get involved.

Yes, @steve and @Asforme&myhouse, where does it say she can leave? I know it says she can be sent away. I can't think of anything to support what you are saying.
1 Corinthians 7:10-11 KJV
[10] And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: [11] But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Back