• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The virus ate/didn’t eat my job.

How is your income affected?

• Losing income

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Maintaining income

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • Could lose income if it gets worse

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
I'm retired so I ASSUME I'll keep letting my deposit on the first of each month...

Two month checkup, how’s everyone doing?

For me, loads have gotten somewhat harder to come by and generally involve increased dead head.
But overall, I am still getting the bills paid as long as I keep my nose to the grindstone.

All was going ok until a few days before we were due to fly home then flights got cancelled, lockdowns declared, and we were trapped. Business got shut down back home so paid staff until the end of the month but then we had no income so no more salaries. To say things have been a little uncertain would be somewhat of a small understatement of our situation but it will get better.

I lost my job. Terminated. Laid off. Unexpected. One week notice...but another organization within the company was interested in me, interviewed me, and hired me back. I had two weeks off, while they worked all the paperwork to get me transferred, and I am back in business.

We are busier then ever. Hubby is bidding on and getting a weeks worth of work in a day.....and that's not an isolated incident.

Now we will see how many days actually get done....one at a time.

We are busier then ever. Hubby is bidding on and getting a weeks worth of work in a day.....and that's not an isolated incident.

Now we will see how many days actually get done....one at a time.
Sounds like you guys need to hire some folks! :)

Sounds like you guys need to hire some folks! :)
You are probably right! It's hard to find people able bodied and willing to work though. A guy that the boss tried a few years ago only lasted a couple hours....and he thought he could handle it. :cool:We have found it's easier to raise workers then hire them. Kinda like I've found it's easier to expand the family by bearing and raising children then it is to find an old fashioned woman suited to being a biblical wife in this modern world. There might be many needles in the haystack.....or fish in the sea.....but I have too many things to do to want to spend my precious time looking.

If any reader thinks working like a mule in the Arizona sun sounds fun just pm me, and if any gals think gardening, making cheese, milking cows, cooking, doing secretarial work, sewing, teaching children and such sounds fun.....we might just have an opening. "Maid servants" might get promoted eventually to permanent "positions" as family. I've been working for my "boss" for over 20 years now. :)

All was going ok until a few days before we were due to fly home then flights got cancelled, lockdowns declared, and we were trapped. Business got shut down back home so paid staff until the end of the month but then we had no income so no more salaries. To say things have been a little uncertain would be somewhat of a small understatement of our situation but it will get better.
Ouch!
So much for that whole “refreshing vacation” image! :confused:

You are probably right! It's hard to find people able bodied and willing to work though. A guy that the boss tried a few years ago only lasted a couple hours....and he thought he could handle it. :cool:We have found it's easier to raise workers then hire them. Kinda like I've found it's easier to expand the family by bearing and raising children then it is to find an old fashioned woman suited to being a biblical wife in this modern world. There might be many needles in the haystack.....or fish in the sea.....but I have too many things to do to want to spend my precious time looking.

If any reader thinks working like a mule in the Arizona sun sounds fun just pm me, and if any gals think gardening, making cheese, milking cows, cooking, doing secretarial work, sewing, teaching children and such sounds fun.....we might just have an opening. "Maid servants" might get promoted eventually to permanent "positions" as family. I've been working for my "boss" for over 20 years now. :)
Such an exceptionally clear-eyed perspective!
Too many think that it’s all about dewy-eyed mush.

That sounds fun! I wanna help

Such an exceptionally clear-eyed perspective!
Too many think that it’s all about dewy-eyed mush.
I've got all the mushy falling in love memories @steve, and better yet I still make wonderful memories of the butterflies in the stomach kind and flirt with my "boss."

One could "jump to confusions" about our relationship dynamic if they didn't know us.....but I can't worry about that too much. I'm just glad we've met you and yours, and your opinion of our family is based on more then hasty posts I might write. :D

We are in no position to move to Arizona. Sorry my sweet tea, but unless they are willing to let you do some of that work remotely, it can't happen. I love you!

I used to joke years ago about faxing friends a slice of cheescake or a portion of lasagna.

It is the downside to remote friendships and fellowship. You have a harder time sharing the chores or the extra veggies from the garden.
I appreciate the thought though. :)

Back