• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thinking Ahead to 2010

Doc

Real Person
Just thinking ahead a bit to 2010 as we make plans for retreats and more.

Possible Midwest locales-Dallas, Branson, Nashville

Perhaps a NE US retreat?

In addition to retreats, would anyone be interested in a couple of weekend conferences scattered throughout the year? These would be more of a seminar type format, lasting 2-3 days at the most.

How about a Men Only or Women Only retreat/conference/seminar?

Just looking for some feedback.

Blessings,

putting a vote in for nashville

men/woman only? not interested

I agree as far as no interest in a men/women only meeting; it's hard enough to get to travel in this economy anyway.

I'm in Costa Rica now, however -- it's beautiful, and would make a great place to meet. (And there's quite a bit of a Biblical/Messianic revival here as well.) Commercial airfare can be just as cheap as the States; same with meals and hotels (or often much less, depending on the time). Any interest?

Location? Don't care. I got wheels.

Seminar ... maybe. It's worth thinking about. Certainly would provide an opportunity to get some teachings put into video format.

Men / Women only retreats? Not really interested. Wouldn't mind another men / women's session at the retreats we do have, but that may or may not be valid -- the better answer might well be to get to more retreats.

Hmmm. However, a retreat where the men keep the kitchen and kids under control and leave the women more free to visit might not be a bad idea. I hear enough undercurrents of "I'm glad to be in this relationship with a husband and a sister-wife, and wouldn't trade it, BUT IT's HARD at times," that maybe a retreat that let or helped or was oriented towards the practical side of it for women instead of us fellas nattering on about the theology ... well, it might help.

However, a retreat where the men keep the kitchen and kids under control and leave the women more free
bueno, cec. now i just gotta rustle up some kids (just where did i leave my running iron?)

steve said:
However, a retreat where the men keep the kitchen and kids under control and leave the women more free
bueno, cec. now i just gotta rustle up some kids (just where did i leave my running iron?)

Glad yer on board, Steve. I'll deliver hot air to keep the water cooking if you'll kick the kids. I mean tickle the tires.

Sir Squishy the Berry Bumbler :lol: :ugeek:

:mrgreen:

Well Its me. I'm David from Toronto, Canada and am married to a lovely woman named Rachael. We are looking for a sister-wife to devolop our family into a plural one eventually, G-d wiling.

Men/Women retreat only? No thanks.

Costa Rica is great....so is Toronto. So is Moscow at times, but I think the US is the most central location. I'd love to see a meeting in the NE area. Nothing like autumn in new york, even Frank Sinatra knew that.

Love and Blessings

David

Back