• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

This is my 1092nd post...

So I am slow at responding, but just getting caught up on this thread and really feel the need to jump in and help translate.

Sarah - I am assuming that when you say custard, you mean what I mean when I say custard. Americans call something similar to ice cream custard. They don't even have a concept of what custard really is and are a little confused by it when it is put in front of them.

I miss custard so much that I make it from scratch (I grew on the Bird's eye stuff).

and thank you all for indulging me as I set this major international confusion straight :)

Thankyou for that, I had no idea. The things they don't have in America are quite amazing actually. Like meat pies. How can a country be a real country without meat pies? :)

For real....you say the word pie...they think dessert!

I say when you come this week you attempt to smuggle me some meat pies :D

(Just stay away from any dogs at the airport who try to sniff your luggage - they are not your friend when it comes to MY meat pies!)

Kangaroo is delicious, and very healthy meat also! When we went to Australia a couple of years ago we ate kangaroo the whole time because it's the same price as beef in the shop and we don't have kangaroos in NZ. But kangaroo sausages are difficult to barbecue, since they have no fat they stick a lot.

I would love to try something besides beef or deer. Anything unusual. I'd even eat dog or cat just to try it... but no.... SPCA and PETA say I can't. :p

Back