• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thoughts for sister-wives

Poodles

Real Person
Female
I hope that this will encourage all sister-wives as they go about their lives today. I know these thoughts have encouraged us and helped us when the going gets rough. We love each other and are truly soul-sisters as well as sister-wives. We love all of you!

"Let There Be Peace On Earth"

Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father
Brothers (sisters) all are we.
Let me walk with my brother (sister)
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
In peace eternally.
And let it begin with me

This song sums up what we, as sister-wives, should strive for within our families. As we grow in the Lord, we realize that often we will fail. The New Testament speaks often about it, all too often to the saved readers, because they knew that we as broken vessels will be unsuccessful, if left to our own devices. How often there are sister-wives bashing each other, to friends, on the web, in gossip, etc. This should not be, as we love our husband and do not want him having to make peace amongst us. When we change our outlook, then we find not only is Christ working within us, but we change (learning to have patience with each other and forgive the other, not only if they repent, but even if they don’t. Jan and I will have our times of fighting, but when reading the bible, we are convicted and strive to make peace. God changes our hearts and our outlook and we are joyful again!)
We do need to continue in our prayers that God who created us will heal our hearts and show us how to live with our sister-wives. Scriptures that are useful are many; however I have found these to be very helpful in our lives. The book of James in the bible is very enlightening. He gives specific commands as to how we are to live. (Our suggestion is to read the whole book. And really pay attention to his frank observations of how we are to live. We guarantee that will make a difference in your life.

As Francis of Assisi wrote:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love:
Where there is injury, pardon:
Where there is doubt, faith:
Where there is despair, hope:
Where there is darkness, light:
Where is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may seek not so much to be consoled, as to console,
To be understood, as to understand:
To be loved as to love:
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And in dying we are born to eternal life.

Never give up but trust in the Lord, and He will help you deal with the present problems and hurt feelings. You can overcome anything with Gods’ help! We have faith in you all and ‘this too will pass’. Hang in there and you will see miracles in your lives.

Thanks for sharing Poodle. Lots of really good thoughts. It really is about our own character, isn't it. Others, SW's, or family, give us the opportunity to walk it out daily. Hopefully in a good way....if not, then may we strive to learn to be a better reflection of His love to others.

Back