• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Thread prefixes

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
I have added some thread prefixes that people can use to help flag what type of discussion is intended to take place (or is taking place) in their thread. You'll see these as an option in the thread title area when starting a new thread, and if you select "edit thread" on an existing thread of yours you should be able to apply them. Staff may also change the prefix of a thread if they feel that would be helpful to readers.

You do not need to use a thread prefix. Just use one if it specifically applies to this discussion.

Support
Use for: Threads asking for support with real-life problems.
Implications: All posters please recognise that this is a real-life issue and be particularly careful to be compassionate and supportive. Where rebuke is called for, don't avoid saying it, but try to give it politely and concisely. Take theoretical discussions inspired by this situation somewhere else (though feel free to share a link to them in this thread).

Meat
Use for: Threads digging into narrow issues, robust theological or theoretical discussion.
Implications: When reading such threads, remember:
  • Expect your all statements to be dissected and discussed (or opposed) in great detail. If this occurs, people are not attacking you personally, they are taking the issue seriously and paying great attention to detail.
  • Individual statements only apply in the context of that thread, and are not necessarily general recommendations for real life. For example, in a discussion on slavery in scripture, any statements that sound pro-slavery in that context would not necessarily imply the person making the statement would support slavery today. The same goes for all other controversial matters.
General
Use for: This solely exists so that if someone mistakenly thinks they have to use a prefix, and tries to select one from the dropdown menu, they don't mislabel their thread as "Support" or "Meat" when those labels do not apply.
Implications: Same as no label. Doesn't mean anything.

In the "Prayer Requests" subforum, two different prefixes are available:
Prayer Request
Prayer Answered

If your prayer request is answered or resolved, please change the prefix to "answered". If you've ever used bug-tracking or service request forums, this is like marking an issue "resolved". This will help people focus their prayer on issues still requiring attention, and provide encouragement by showing that God truly does answer prayer.

You may also see a prefix "From Staff" occasionally, staff may use this when they wish to flag a post as being an important message from staff that you should probably read.

I may change these prefixes or add new ones, feel free to comment with suggestions below. I do want to keep this simple so everyone can understand it, so they're actually useful and don't just become decoration.

Note that I've toned back the colour of the "meat" prefix. It was originally bright red, which made it look like something important that everyone should click on. It's now a bit more muted so it's doesn't give the same potentially incorrect impression.

Thank you, Samuel. This should really help.

All of my posts are medium rare ribeyes with sweet potatoes except for the ones that are a fat girl’s thighs. Either way they’re going to be meaty.

The firm of Ware, Adam and Looney would like to take this moment to offer our sincere apologies on behalf of our client. Any time rules are being discussed he instantly feels the need to rebel and starts trying to shock people. We are encouraging him to seek treatment. The doctors are hopeful but as they haven’t met the prospective patient yet they still can be. Life promises to be a bitter disappointment for them professionally.

Also for the purposes of future litigation we feel compelled to submit in to the record that our client has no idea whatsoever what a fat girl’s thighs look like.

Can you believe this is the edited version?

I thought meat was blood red.

I've just realised that the "Meat" label is a pink / salmon / skin colour in the "Default XenForo" or "xenForo 2.0 (StyleOnly)" themes. However, if you're using a different theme, it may be grey or even blue. Which makes no sense whatsoever to me, as I've told it to be pinkish, and I'm not sure why different styles reinterpret this. I'm sure I could fix it somehow to be consistent everywhere, but I cannot be bothered. So if you want it to look as intended, use one of those styles. Unless you like your fat girl looking like she's been pulled out of a frozen lake with hypothermia, each to their own.

I've just realised that the "Meat" label is a pink / salmon / skin colour in the "Default XenForo" or "xenForo 2.0 (StyleOnly)" themes. However, if you're using a different theme, it may be grey or even blue. Which makes no sense whatsoever to me, as I've told it to be pinkish, and I'm not sure why different styles reinterpret this. I'm sure I could fix it somehow to be consistent everywhere, but I cannot be bothered. So if you want it to look as intended, use one of those styles. Unless you like your fat girl looking like she's been pulled out of a frozen lake with hypothermia, each to their own.
I prefer to see it as salmon (always delicious) or the way really good rare steak looks when I cut into it.

Thanks again for setting this up, Samuel.

Ahh, Zecster
Your ability to derail even a simple informative thread is breathtaking. :p

Samuel, may I suggest modifying his title to Ascended Scamp?

@FollowingHim ... I don't see the edit thread option... where am I supposed to be looking?
Dropdown menu top right, entitled "Thread tools". However, I have just realised that at present you probably cannot edit a thread that is more than 48 hours old, so that's not going to work well. I'll need to fiddle with the settings for this to work. Thanks for getting me to notice it.

Along with the colored prefixes, I would like to suggest an idea of a color coded bar on the top of my profile that I can connect to an app that links my hormone levels so the men can be aware of how to respond to my comments OR I should be blocked from posting or reading all together when it’s that time. If we are in the green, I am not easily offended and can laugh at just about anything. Red means a strong alert to just ignore my comments because the slightest misperception of others intentions can set me off on an emotional roller coaster. #HormonesAreReal #unpredictable #problemsolver

Along with the colored prefixes, I would like to suggest an idea of a color coded bar on the top of my profile that I can connect to an app that links my hormone levels so the men can be aware of how to respond to my comments OR I should be blocked from posting or reading all together when it’s that time. If we are in the green, I am not easily offended and can laugh at just about anything. Red means a strong alert to just ignore my comments because the slightest misperception of others intentions can set me off on an emotional roller coaster. #HormonesAreReal #unpredictable #problemsolver
Ehmm, if I understand @FollowingHim correctly it depends on the color scheme you set in your browser what is red and what is green. Then everybody should use the same color profile as you did, else it will turn out opposite and nobody understands why you react in that way... :eek::eek::D

I've got an implanted microchip I can sell you that will automatically measure all of that... (evil laugh).
This is how we get conservatives to accept an implanted microchip mark of the beast, just make it seem a good tool to help them understand their wives and they'll rush to chip their entire families. Mwahahahaha.

Back