• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From Staff Thread prefixes

Along with the colored prefixes, I would like to suggest an idea of a color coded bar on the top of my profile that I can connect to an app that links my hormone levels so the men can be aware of how to respond to my comments OR I should be blocked from posting or reading all together when it’s that time. If we are in the green, I am not easily offended and can laugh at just about anything. Red means a strong alert to just ignore my comments because the slightest misperception of others intentions can set me off on an emotional roller coaster. #HormonesAreReal #unpredictable #problemsolver
Samuel, I’d like to donate 200 of my like points to this brilliant lady.

Dropdown menu top right, entitled "Thread tools". However, I have just realised that at present you probably cannot edit a thread that is more than 48 hours old, so that's not going to work well. I'll need to fiddle with the settings for this to work. Thanks for getting me to notice it.
Ok, I've got two conflicting considerations. You cannot change the tag on a thread without being able to edit that post. However, we don't want people to be able to edit posts forever, because in the past we've had a common issue that if someone switches to being upset about the forum they go back and edit old posts to make inappropriate statements, bypassing moderator oversight as the edits are not immediately apparent (this is a serious problem even if it sounds incredibly specific, just trust me on that, we've seen it a surprising number of times). So post editing has to expire at some point.

So now you should be able to edit posts up to 1 week old, and change thread prefixes up to 1 week after starting the conversation. That should give enough time to see how a conversation is going and change the prefix if needed.

If there are any older existing threads that you'd like a prefix added to, just let a mod know (e.g. by "reporting" your own post or just asking in a comment), and they can change it for you.

Ok, I've got two conflicting considerations. You cannot change the tag on a thread without being able to edit that post. However, we don't want people to be able to edit posts forever, because in the past we've had a common issue that if someone switches to being upset about the forum they go back and edit old posts to make inappropriate statements, bypassing moderator oversight as the edits are not immediately apparent (this is a serious problem even if it sounds incredibly specific, just trust me on that, we've seen it a surprising number of times). So post editing has to expire at some point.

So now you should be able to edit posts up to 1 week old, and change thread prefixes up to 1 week after starting the conversation. That should give enough time to see how a conversation is going and change the prefix if needed.

If there are any older existing threads that you'd like a prefix added to, just let a mod know (e.g. by "reporting" your own post or just asking in a comment), and they can change it for you.

So if we think a thread should have the Meat label, we can just tell a moderator and it can then be labeled Meat?

If not, couldn't a moderator take an entire thread, copy it over into a new thread with a new name that just adds (Redux) or something at the end and label that new thread Meat?

Along with the colored prefixes, I would like to suggest an idea of a color coded bar on the top of my profile that I can connect to an app that links my hormone levels so the men can be aware of how to respond to my comments OR I should be blocked from posting or reading all together when it’s that time. If we are in the green, I am not easily offended and can laugh at just about anything. Red means a strong alert to just ignore my comments because the slightest misperception of others intentions can set me off on an emotional roller coaster. #HormonesAreReal #unpredictable #problemsolver
Dear Lord, all the time I put in to the fat girl thing and I get blown away by this sublime comment. Impressive!

Back