• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Three cheers for Will Smith

Maddog

Male
Finally a moment of genuine clarity in Hollywood. I applaud Will Smith not for his acting but rather for his genuine defense of his wife in his moment of anger and then his apology. I think the slap of Chris Rock was indeed warranted as SOMEONE needs to reign in "humor". I appreciate his apology as most of us men know what it is to screw up. Now watch out for the attacks on masculinity. I applauded to the TV when I saw this short video. I not only do not condemn Smith I actually applaud. Way to go!
M

Cynical me suspects it's a stunt to get people to watch the Oscars. Hardly anyone watches them any more, but if people expect there might be drama people might tune in again. Sorry to be the party-pooper!

I resist applauding Smith's behavior, and my reasons are led by the fact that his VERY CLEAR initial reaction was to openly laugh at Rock's joke. That was the moment that defines the entire scenario more than does the slap. Rock makes a lame joke, Mrs. Smith is clearly steaming about it, Mr. Smith is inspired to openly laugh, then turns to look at his wife, the camera heads back to the stage, and suddenly Mr. Smith is marching up to smack the jokester, following that up with getting back into his chair and swearing at Mr. Rock to keep Mr. Smith's wife's name out of his mouth.

So my lasting impression is that this is a sad example of a man embarrassing himself by whitewashing having joined in laughing at the joke on his wife by weakly camouflaging that with a melodramatic outburst designed in the main to demonstrate fealty to his dominant owner.

It’s Chris Rock, for crying out loud.
If he should be slapped for every single thing that offends somebody…….
He is not my kind of humor, but he is a hero to them.
A bunch of hypocrites.

My understanding is that Will Smith is a cuck that allows other men to have sex with his wife ("open marriage" of the Smith's being well known). That is an abomination.

Looking at his whacked out kids, it also seems like he is a poor father.

Those failures disqualify Will from commendation in my book.

Besides all that, the slap was probably just acting anyway.

First time watching Kevin Samuels live on YouTube last night -- and the topic was, ta da!: Will and Chris. Starts about 20 minutes in . . .

Watched it.
Kevin is right.
Emasculated male hits weaker man in order to get his wife’s approval.

And, for historical reference, here is the podcast from last October in which Kevin Samuels warns Will Smith about the effect his marriage to Jada Pinkett is having on him . . .

Last night was K.S.'s part two on all this. Don't be at all asleep when you get to about 27 minutes in and see the handwritten note the Smiths' daughter Willow wrote to the very dead TuPac . . .

Thank you Keith for finding these videos, and thank you Kevin for providing these discussions. I don’t follow popular culture, so I had no clue as to how badly an extremely famous and wealthy man’s personal life could be.

One thing that I don’t see anyone considering is how Will’s skills in his profession enter in.
His job is to become another person when he is in front of the camera. He picks up on the various cues provided by the script and the director, other actors, etc. and becomes the person that the story calls for him to be.
What I saw in that situation was an instantaneous transition from a man who was enjoying a joke on one of the most important nights of his life, to a man who was required to protect his wife with violence.
He had no time for an independent thought. From his wife’s body language he perceived that a reaction was required and he just seamlessly slipped into the persona that he felt was expected of him. Destroying a very important part of his image without a conscious thought about whether it even made sense.

I’m not blaming his training, I’m blaming the toxic relationship that he has allowed which took advantage of his training.

I would hope that any of our wives would embrace their nurturing nature at a point like this and at least put forth some sort of protest if they saw us venturing into battle over something so petty.
But she didn’t, she empowered him to play the fool. Oh well, he’s worth $300 million, so he really doesn’t need a career going forward.

And someone video recorded Mrs. Smith laughing while her husband shouted at Mr. Rock after Mr. Smith had slapped Mr. Rock and was back in his seat shouting at Mr. Rock . . .

Last edited:
Feminism is toxic masculinity.

An interesting take 😊

Back