• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Traditional Wife - old idea making a come-back

That lady's Instagram is @thedarlingacademy

I find it funny the BBC was triggered by her (a native English woman) embracing British culture. That's clownworld in the UK for you.

This is a very good movement, so far as it goes. But be careful with a single girl proclaiming tradlife. For a lot of them it's just part of the usual 'doing it right this time' and not their immutable nature. Otherwise they'd have been married a decade earlier. Not saying she won't make a great prospect, she probably will if you continue to mold her, but don't rest on your laurels with her.

related meme:
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/trad-girl

I saw that. They can’t afford to lose women. They will employ any tactic to prevent it.

Do you think this is the tide turning, are they actually loosing women? So far a lot of the tradgirl movement I'm seeing is mixed up with 'doing it right this time'. Although the number of wives embracing and teaching this does indicate something deeper.

“A growing online community of women are rejecting feminism in favour of submission to men. The techniques used to radicalise them are similar to those used to groom Isis brides,” writes Julia Ebner.

What techniques is she speaking of, because I mostly see women radicalizing themselves as they see feminism won't get them what they truly want in life.

The New York Times also published an article asserting that “mommy-vlogging is a virulent strain of white nationalism.”

Which says more about why they demonize motherhood than anything about actual trad-wives. *honk honk*

Do you think this is the tide turning, are they actually loosing women? So far a lot of the tradgirl movement I'm seeing is mixed up with 'doing it right this time'. Although the number of wives embracing and teaching this does indicate something deeper.

What techniques is she speaking of, because I mostly see women radicalizing themselves as they see feminism won't get them what they truly want in life.

Which says more about why they demonize motherhood than anything about actual trad-wives. *honk honk*
I actually do think they’re losing women, maybe not a lot but certainly a not insignificant number. There’s been 60 years now to see that feminism isn’t solving anything. I think some women see that. We have a number of them with us on this forum.

This is why I look at RT news before the BBC. Both are on my list of sites to browse for international news, but RT actually covers more real news, and when it touches on the crap the BBC wants to talk about, it cuts to the heart of it also. Not perfectly, but better than most other mainstream / state outlets:
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/480879-tradwives-brainwashed-isis-feminism-patriarchy/

This is why I look at RT news before the BBC. Both are on my list of sites to browse for international news, but RT actually covers more real news, and when it touches on the crap the BBC wants to talk about, it cuts to the heart of it also. Not perfectly, but better than most other mainstream / state outlets:
A very good opinion piece. I must check RT more often. Although I have to admit I enjoy reading the other side more than our side. They’re far more entertaining.

"Telling women they can be whatever they want – and then recoiling in horror when they say they want to be a tradwife – is an appalling bait-and-switch, and a total rejection of what feminism is supposed to stand for. "

It's only a rejection of the rhetoric, not the heart of feminism. Feminism was long the central feature of the communist plan to destroy capitalism (by destroying the family). And it's working beautifully.

Ummm... Sorry to break the ice on this one, but rt new stands for “Russian Television.” This is a “news” outlet for Russian propaganda backed by the Russian government. While they may have some good news articles, be very mindful of the spin they put on a story. The Russians are very good about putting a spin on something not because they believe it, but because it will cause dissension.

Ummm... Sorry to break the ice on this one, but rt new stands for “Russian Television.” This is a “news” outlet for Russian propaganda backed by the Russian government. While they may have some good news articles, be very mindful of the spin they put on a story. The Russians are very good about putting a spin on something not because they believe it, but because it will cause dissension.
I know what RT is, I agree it's a Russian propaganda outlet owned by the Russian government. Just as the BBC is a British propaganda outlet owned by the UK government. That's why I contrasted those two outlets, because they are both the same in nature but the opposite in content (on this issue). I basically use BBC to see the Western official propaganda spin, and RT to see the Eastern official propaganda spin, knowing the truth will be somewhere in between. Nevertheless, between the two propaganda outlets, I tend to go to RT first as it has more comprehensive coverage of "real news" and less tabloid / celebrity nonsense.

Obviously you have to look at more than just the government propaganda outlets to get a full understanding of the news, don't assume I only look at these two news outlets! I just contrasted them in this one comment because their differing treatment of this issue was interesting.

Welcome to the forum @Robert06!

Back