• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Traditional Wife - old idea making a come-back

That was a great interview @PeteR!

One of the last comments from the lady news person, and the tone she used when she said "interesting" made me think she had no idea 'that kind' of woman existed.
*shakes head *

In Soviet Russia the state had absolute power. So when they 'liberated' women they were able to force through the radical changes in a short period of time. So for example they forced multiple families to live in one housing block and all share 1 kitchen; eating meals together as a nuclear family was prohibited. But this meant they also saw the results of the breakdown much much faster and Stalin reversed much of it after he came to power.

Since in the US the state lacked the power to force radical change, but rather used the soft power of propaganda, things progressed much slower due to generational inertia. Despite the change, most women were raised under the old regime and were mentally still part of it. That's why things seemed to be business as usual for a generation after suffrage was successful. That's why we have 'waves' of feminism as each generation waxes worse and worse, loosed from the mores of masculinity. It why men after divorce (or poly) sometimes feel like fish out of water in the dating market; it keeps making fundamental changes.

I have recently taken the role of a #tradwife, and it is the last thing I ever dreamed of being! I always assumed that I would be a working mom/wife/woman. I made the typical assumption that being a Stay at Home Mom (SAHM) was a lazy option for women to stay dependent and not have to worry about everything else. OH HOW WRONG I WAS!!!

I was wrong on so many levels! This SAHM business is not for the lazy, or the weak! You manage the entire household in a way that working moms just aren’t able to. And on that note, I have to tip my hat to the working moms who do manage both a career and the home, that is truly a feat!

On to the point of the post...

Despite some of the odd thoughts that some of these women have, I am so glad to see a return to submission to the husband. It is not an easy thing to submit, especially in today’s society. I struggle with it at least weekly, but I am determined to be the wife my husband needs; the wife that God calls me to be.

I wouldn't let feminism in my home. It is a disease. Everything it infiltrates, it destroys. The telly is used as propaganda for those on the far-left. Any lassie I date knows my view on the subject. They know that's it's either my way or the highway. I always tell them that if we get married, no more working outside of the home. If u want to work, have a baby instead.

My generation, the millennials, have turned against the feminism of the baby boomers. I try to keep myself away from modern propaganda. The only modern shows that I watch r cnn, tyt, dr who, arrow, supernatural, legends of tomorrow, days of our lives, coronation street, police dramas on Britbox, and sports like cricket (Delhi Capitals), football (West Ham United), and ice hockey (Anaheim Ducks). All other shows that I watch r from more than twenty years ago. Before feminism took completely over the media. I went to see Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker at the pictures, and u see fourth wave feminism present, since a chap can't kiss a lassie without asking her permission, whereas a lassie can kiss a chap without his permission.

Most all TV has feminism in it, even the old 'family' black and whites. The movement predates moving pictures. Remember, it was the TV of the 50's that paved the way for the sexual revolution.

I went to see Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker at the pictures, and u see fourth wave feminism present, since a chap can't kiss a lassie without asking her permission, whereas a lassie can kiss a chap without his permission.
Am I too late for a spoiler alert?
I’ve actually been meaning to watch all of the Star Wars post Disney acquisition but haven’t managed to get to it yet.

I hadn’t really been aware of the #tradwife thing but it will be interesting to watch.

Sometimes even though it may be hard to make publicly unpopular decisions, things have a way of working out well for those who follow God’s plan, even if they are unaware they are doing so.

Back