• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Turmoil Ahead

Praise the Most High!!!!

The verdict is in!

Catie’s parents, agree that poly is not sinful and would not break fellowship with us for practicing it! Same with my parents!..mostly

Most likely all my siblings will follow the same course, two brothers already agree with me. Most likely her siblings will both agree with us as well.

Looks like the paper I “wrote” (borrowing heavily from our dear @FollowingHim) with the editing and proofreading help of @PeteR was instrumental in proving the truth to them. Thank you to both of you guys for your help in the matter! All Glory and Honor to the One who wrote the words and gave them to us!

Catie and I are rejoicing!
That is amazing news. Awesome, and thank you for sharing this as it is most encouraging. I truly hope it continues to go well as that is not the experience many of us have had.

That is amazing news. Awesome, and thank you for sharing this as it is most encouraging. I truly hope it continues to go well as that is not the experience many of us have had.
We pray the same

We pray the same
Steel-spined man and steel-spined woman, combined with grandchildren, can go a long, long way toward changing hearts in such situations.

My approach with my parents and other relatives was to talk with them as if no other option than full support was available. Some do the nanny-nanny-boo-boo, pretending the revelation of my intentions never happened, but the rest just backed off and treated it like just another example of how I'm probably never going to be a conformist. But I don't think what I'm suggesting applies just to the idiosyncratic among us. So much of our communication with our fellow human beings comes down to self-fulfilling prophecies. Expecting a particular outcome -- positive or negative -- has a high correlation with end results.

That is wonderful to hear @NickF and @CatieF. Regarding the extended family, don't expect absolute commitment to your cause from everyone - many in my family tend to avoid talking about it as they can't really fault my views but don't like them so just want to pretend they don't exist. That's an ok position as it doesn't break any relationships. If you can get people there, don't push them too hard to get them to go further, as you don't want to flip them in the other direction again. Just ensure they're still going to be happy having you in their lives, beyond that God can work on them slowly.

Praise the Most High!!!!

The verdict is in!

Catie’s parents, agree that poly is not sinful and would not break fellowship with us for practicing it! Same with my parents!..mostly

Most likely all my siblings will follow the same course, two brothers already agree with me. Most likely her siblings will both agree with us as well.

Looks like the paper I “wrote” (borrowing heavily from our dear @FollowingHim) with the editing and proofreading help of @PeteR was instrumental in proving the truth to them. Thank you to both of you guys for your help in the matter! All Glory and Honor to the One who wrote the words and gave them to us!

Praise the Lord! That is such wonderful news! It is such a blessing to be in harmony with extended family.

This is such an interesting issue to discuss with family and friends. The Bible is very clear, but polygyny is so counter cultural that it is very difficult for people to deal with.

Many sincere people are just ignorant to the issue, having never been exposed to the Biblical treatment of the issue.

Praise the Most High!!!!

The verdict is in!

1660077486703.png

Praise the Most High!!!!

The verdict is in!

\0/ HalleluYaH!!

Resigned our membership, meeting went well as can be expected. Pastor still holds party line but said he has not given his full attention to my paper or read through it fully.

We're SO looking forward to the retreat.

We're SO looking forward to the retreat.
I bet. That makes many of us -- and that's just considering the opportunity to meet you (which I've already had the pleasure of) and your wife.

I've prayed about it and taken your words to heart. I agree with you. From a simple tactics standpoint you are 100% correct. And you've changed my plans accordingly. I'm still going to discuss the topic lightly with my in-laws because I am confident they will search scripture and come to the same conclusion I have. We're meeting with them later this evening because they have been asking what's going on and will need to know why we are leaving that church. The whole marriage topic has just been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

I will however refrain from giving my proofs to the pastor because he has not studied to show himself approved and is puffed up with pride. I will let God deal with him as He sees fit. I'll simply be removing our names from their membership roles. No need for a conflict, no need for contention. We will simply depart peaceably.
I remember when I still had people around to disagree with, now it seems most ignore me or block me out of their life, gets kind of quiet nowadays.

I remember when I still had people around to disagree with, now it seems most ignore me or block me out of their life, gets kind of quiet nowadays.
I can relate.. still, we must be the watchmen on the wall...

If that has to happen, then so be it. Yet, let us try not be the cause of it (not accusing you of that). Let's do everything possible to be at peace with all men (but only to the extent allowed while being faithful to Jesus Christ).

Back