• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Turmoil Ahead

I'll second what @FollowingHim has said above. And take particular care to ensure other women don't get opportunity to have time alone with your wife to turn your wife against you. Perhaps you can encourage your wife to record any "meetings" she has with women who bump into her at the supermarket or whatever(?) You will be able to help her through all the emotional challenges she will face.

The attacks through lies and slander which we experienced was beyond anything imaginable so keeping records will help you a lot when dealing with people. Blessings and Shalom
I had the blessing of chatting with CatieF on the ladies chat and warned her about this. She is absolutely solid and will follow her husband and scripture. She is quite the blessing to NickF.

Praying for the whole family.

Did you to any extent prevail?

Looking forward to hearing your testimonies in person later this month.

Had a call from the father in law this morning where he apologized for his anger. Sought reconciliation and restoration.

MIL agreed it wasn’t sin last night.

Honestly it seems like there is a real likelihood of them both seeing biblical truth on the matter.

Might never agree that it’s important or advisable but i can see them both reading my scriptural references and seeing the truth in the matter.

Sorry, I just noticed your prayer request. I will be praying for you guys (y'all since you are in Louisiana).

We've been down these roads and they are tough.

For what it's worth, some people really will examine things in the light of Scripture and be persuaded by the truth.

I shared these Biblical truths with a Bible study group that I use to teach. Several ladies (including my little sister) freaked a bit, but several other ladies and several other men (including my now deceased brother in law) seemed to get it.

One couple later on went into missions work where the issue of polygamous men coming to faith came up in a discussion, and people wondered what should be done about it. Our friend (the wife actually) told everyone straight up that it wasn't an issue because the Bible doesn't prohibit polygamy.

I've not had much success with pursuading pastors, but have had some success with serious minded "regular* Christ followers.

Keep chipping with sword of God's word.

I have shared this truth with two pastors of small congregations. Both of them rejected it.
Neither of them reached 61 years of age.

Coincidence? Anything is possible.

I have shared this truth with two pastors of small congregations. Both of them rejected it.

I started sharing this truth 63 years ago. So far no one with whom I've shared it and was rejected by has outlived me.

;)

I can name multiple successful ministries that openly railed against poly and then subsequently faded or imploded...

Here's my take on it. God is a polygynist. If you call it sinful, you're literally condemning judging God as being unholy. This is blasphemy. I'm pretty sure He doesn't take something like that lightly.

Sorry, I just noticed your prayer request. I will be praying for you guys (y'all since you are in Louisiana).

We've been down these roads and they are tough.

For what it's worth, some people really will examine things in the light of Scripture and be persuaded by the truth.

I shared these Biblical truths with a Bible study group that I use to teach. Several ladies (including my little sister) freaked a bit, but several other ladies and several other men (including my now deceased brother in law) seemed to get it.

One couple later on went into missions work where the issue of polygamous men coming to faith came up in a discussion, and people wondered what should be done about it. Our friend (the wife actually) told everyone straight up that it wasn't an issue because the Bible doesn't prohibit polygamy.

I've not had much success with pursuading pastors, but have had some success with serious minded "regular* Christ followers.

Keep chipping with sword of God's word.
In my opinion pastors are lost cause.

Small determinated group can oust pastor from job even if polygyny isn't problem.

Think a little. Practically pastor position is church position. So even if pastor privately thinks polygyny is ok what would happen if word gets out? Most people don't study scripture deep enough so polygnygy will came as shock.

For pastor to keep his job at least 60-70% congregation must change their opinions. Tough ask. And even may not be enough because unhappy people can attack pastor using objectively true problems. This could silence or turn out pastor's supporters so he goes out.

And don't forget chaos this teaching will cause in believers families. Many wives will become insecure so this will eat a ton of time. This will isolate pastor just at moment he needs most support. And did I mention pastor's wife? She could easily become a part of problem.

Sad thing is believers who accept polygyny may throw out pastor in order to save their own families. I would be insane to choose pastor over your family so this is impossible ask.

There is nothing for pastors to gain. Only to lose.

In my personal opinion only way for church to accept polygyny is to use subversive methods slowly trying to push Overton window. Things like slowly dripping truth. But this will take, I think, at least decade.

And to achieve above without triggering antibodies who will throw you out?

In my opinion pastors are lost cause.

Small determinated group can oust pastor from job even if polygyny isn't problem.

Think a little. Practically pastor position is church position. So even if pastor privately thinks polygyny is ok what would happen if word gets out? Most people don't study scripture deep enough so polygnygy will came as shock.

For pastor to keep his job at least 60-70% congregation must change their opinions. Tough ask. And even may not be enough because unhappy people can attack pastor using objectively true problems. This could silence or turn out pastor's supporters so he goes out.

And don't forget chaos this teaching will cause in believers families. Many wives will become insecure so this will eat a ton of time. This will isolate pastor just at moment he needs most support. And did I mention pastor's wife? She could easily become a part of problem.

Sad thing is believers who accept polygyny may throw out pastor in order to save their own families. I would be insane to choose pastor over your family so this is impossible ask.

False.

Pastor's first love MUST be the Almighty and TRUTH. If he has to weigh the value/profit/loss of a truth, he has a different master whether money, position, power, or title. Bottomline, if he is presented this, or any truth, and he squirms, he ain't fit.

Now, to be clear, the truth bringer needs wisdom in how, when, where this or any truth is presented. There is a time/place (Sunday morning Sunday school isn't it....) that doesn't directly threaten the whole flock...

Yes they do, and many have been kicked out of churches for teaching the truth about all manner of things; homosexuality, same-sex marriages, submission of wives, etc. It's not new.
It's not just pastors but anyone wanting the approval of others will have to compromise on truth. However, what we gain is the eternal reward for being faithful. And I'd rather have the eternal rewards for being faithful to God than the temporary praises of men.

If this is his focus, he isn’t a pastor.
Just a pretender collecting a paycheck.

Organized religion is just organized religion.

Back