• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Two Wives, Two Sticks, the Whore Church and the Whore Synagogue

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Yahushua warned us that He, and His Word, would "offend" many. Even to the point that they will "hate you" and "kill you...for My Name's sake." (Matthew 24, esp v 9) Which most of 'em don't even know anyway.

Most reading this thread will already know that YHVH describes Himself as Husband to two wives, described by a number of names, metaphors, and associations throughout Scripture. NONE of them, however, more frequently or more pointedly than as 'harlots' (tzonah, in the singular) or "whores". For their adultery/idolatry/rebellion to Him.

And, not surprisingly, because "see, I have told you in advance," as Yahushua said, they take "offense" at His rebuke.

But whether it's because we can read what He Wrote, and NEVER CHANGED, about marriage, or His moedim,
or any of a myriad other things that "offend" because men would rather do what is 'right in their own eyes', than His, most of us who have been called names, or worse, by those who hate His Word as Written, have at least begun to understand why the "Whore Church" and "Whore Synagogue," or any of the other epithets He uses, are apropos today, perhaps even more than ever. And why, as many complain, albeit in willful ignorance, "there is no Power in the Church!"

This midrash will help lay out the armor for those who seek to understand why we are not only told to "come out of her," (what/who? The Whore of Babylon is yet another moniker) but why we are also told "do not keep silent."

PS> If you saw the 'debate' last week between Pete Rambo (and the other anonymous fellow who nevertheless did a good job) vs - yup - the Whore Church, perhaps part of the problem is already clear. If you are looking for a "Poster Pimp for the Whore Church" - it will be tough to find a better example than "JD," who was not only more than willing to shamelessly lie to bring women to ruin and a life of loneliness and rebellion, but openly admitted that his own 'common sense" [sic] trumped Scripture. Wanna bet he's a licensed 501c(3) brothel-keeper to boot?

Last edited:
That was an interesting point about Joseph’s forgiveness being the first mentioned.

Wanna bet he's a licensed 501c(3) brothel-keeper to boot?
I have yet to find a 501 c(3) that says polygyny is a valid form of marriage in the eyes of the Creator. They can’t all be blind - can they? There have been pastors that spoke the truth, but they’d get kicked out. A 501 (c)3 is a prime example of serving two masters.

In many if not most cases the idea of being or becoming a 501c3 non profit organization is "just the way it is done". My Baptist brothers bristle at the thought of being told what to do by the government and their pulpit controlled by other officials. Until recently thats what i thought as well without any pollution from the gov. That is one thing that many Baptists pride themselves in being- Independent Fundamental Baptist! (dang it!)

Do we challenge every "rule" of the land and get distracted from our primary task? When we know the ramifications of any particular thing, THEN we act. Case in point- the Civil Rights Movement distracted many black churches away from the Gospel to a New Gospel of Civil Rights and the Black families and society was lost. Rebelling against the govt is engrained in the American experiment and I am all for the rebels however but to what end? Be a Rebel like Apostle Paul but remember his appointment with the guillotine. The future of Gods children is watered by the blood of Martyrs.

Do we challenge every "rule" of the land and get distracted from our primary task? When we know the ramifications of any particular thing, THEN we act. Case in point- the Civil Rights Movement distracted many black churches away from the Gospel to a New Gospel of Civil Rights and the Black families and society was lost. Rebelling against the govt is engrained in the American experiment and I am all for the rebels however but to what end? Be a Rebel like Apostle Paul but remember his appointment with the guillotine. The future of Gods children is watered by the blood of Martyrs.

Black families were destroyed by a combination of the welfare state replacing the father in the family, abortion, birth control, the dumbing down of public education, the deliberate fostering of illicit drugs in black communities, and to a far lesser extent the failures of the church.

Rebelling against government is not what Americans value. We rebel against tyranny. We rebel against corruption. And when enough of us take a stand the government backs down because bullies always crumble when their lives are at stake.

When our government is just and right we stand by it and we'll fight for the values it's supposed to protect.

The point is that American government is supposed to serve the interests of the people. It's when they get it into their heads that they rule us or that they're unaccountable to us that we get cranky.

Do we challenge every "rule" of the land and get distracted from our primary task?
Start by speaking truth. This will start moving Overton window.

Politics is art of possible. Nobody listens to extremists.

In long run truth will win out because reality itself can't be changed.

Rebelling against government is not what Americans value.
All governments are abusive and gaslight it's people. Only question is how much with inborn tendency toward worse.

You don't ask abuser to, please abuse me less.

In the end - it’s all about who is your Master. We are here on earth for a very short period of time - and for us men - everything we own actually belongs to our Master - Yeshua. Abraham understood that very well.

Job 1:21
YHVH gives, and YHVH takes away.

Isaiah 45:7
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, YHVH, am the one who does these things.

For us men - we are simply caretakers of the possessions the Heavenly Father has given us. We don’t actually own anything we have - because our Master and King Yeshua, the heir of all things, is the one who actually owns it all. As it’s written in the book of Job, “YHVH gives, and YHVH takes.” And in Psalms 24:1 - “The earth is YHVH’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.”

The leaders placed in a position to teach have not been faithful according to his Word. As it’s written:

Isaiah 9:16
For the leaders of the people have misled them.
They have led them down the path of destruction.

If seeking approval of men or seeking riches was the goal of a 501 c(3) entity - which lead them to compromise on the Word with lies and deception - then there is trouble on the horizon:

Jeremiah 23:1-2
What sorrow awaits the leaders of my people—the shepherds of my sheep—for they have destroyed and scattered the very ones they were expected to care for,” says YHVH.

2 Therefore, this is what YHVH, the God of Israel, says to these shepherds: “Instead of caring for my flock and leading them to safety, you have deserted them and driven them to destruction. Now I will pour out judgment on you for the evil you have done to them.

It’s written that the people of the northern kingdom of Israel, had winter mansions and summer homes. Palaces filled with ivory. All taken away by the Most High. It’s a parallel to the mega rich pastors in the 501 (c)3. Sometimes people can mistake richness with blessings from the Most High, so that’s why examining the fruit is so important. That’s why our rock must be Yeshua. So he can wash us clean through the Word, and we can better see and separate the fruit.

You don't ask abuser to, please abuse me less.

My policy anymore is I will ask them to stop what they're doing just in case I am misunderstanding something. Sometimes I misunderstand things so I am obligated to check first.

After that I go nuclear. I do not gradually escalate. I do not practice proportionality. Once someone crosses a line with me and then insists on crossing that line I put an end to it. Period. Full stop.

FAFO.

Back