• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Understanding true submission

Rebecca

Female
Hello sisters,

May I begin by blessing each of you in the name of Jesus Christ. Be blessed and be loved always. Not much discussion has come through the Ladies Forum, and God has blessed me with love so intense that my cup runneth over, that I might share with His body and my beloved sisters. I hope that whomever reads this confirms Gods spirit in their hearts and is blessed by Him. Amen.

Let me begin by admitting that submission is a hot topic around here, and not just for women (it's arguably much more important for a man to submit to God). I understand that the submission of our bodies in terms of union with our husbands is usually the direction we go, and I would challenge you to break that habit, as The Lord is doing for me, for my own good. Recently, I was meditating on my Saviors submission to The Father as he was lead to the cross, and my beloved helped me to correct my false views on that act. Jesus was not giving up His body. We have the similar idea when we want to deny our husbands sometimes when he goes against what we want to do. We are under the impression that everyone has their own "self", but my bible says that I must die to self and pick up my cross and follow Jesus. Jesus knew that the earthly body was given to Him, but it always belonged to His Father in Heaven. And just so, The Lord gave us this body, but it belongs to Him, not us. And when we marry, He is entrusting His body, His holy temple to your husband alone. Nothing the Father does is by accident, but all happens with His permission. And our husbands lead with a great weight on their shoulders that they will answer to God for whatever befalls us, but we are to remain pure and blameless in our submission. Many would argue that there are reasons you should disobey your authority, however I say that you ought to seek Gods deliverance always. Do not act upon yourself.

Through our obedience there is abounding joy. To submit is to surrender your will, and to admit that your body and your will were never yours to begin with. We will always face struggles, have to embrace the accusations of The Accusor, to pick up our own cross daily and slay the flesh that tries desperately to sink us back into the pit of despair. Please take courage, be still and know that He is God. Be humble as our beloved Jesus, and as our beloved husband are in their leadership.

A lovely post, thank you for writing it!

I have been on here a while but have not whiten any responses to anything I have read. A lot of that is I am new to the lifestyle and have not had the best experiences coming in to it. I also don’t feel right responding to any of the post the guys respond on. So this one I feel more comfortable doing so because it is just lady’s talk. I am responding now because this one I needed to read and hear at this time in my life. So I just wanted to say thank you for writing. Shalom

Back