• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

US antisemitism bill

That is why the USSR supported Israel for so many years.

Hmmm?

The USSR provided weapons to all of Israel's enemies. The 1967 War was more or less a proxy war between the US/Israel and the USSR/Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq.

Add to this the USSR's historical animosity against Judaism and Zionism with the brief exception of the period after WW2.

Hmmm?

The USSR provided weapons to all of Israel's enemies. The 1967 War was more or less a proxy war between the US/Israel and the USSR/Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq.

Add to this the USSR's historical animosity against Judaism and Zionism with the brief exception of the period after WW2.
And I am talking about that very period just after WW2, when they supported Israel. I should not have used the phrase "for so many years", I was writing quickly and got that wrong. However I was simply making the point that many different countries of different ideologies have supported Israel at different times over their history, for their own selfish reasons, and that point stands.

Back