• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Walking with Him??

irishprincess09

Hello all.. I am sorta new to this site and have found so much comfort, love, answers and blessings from the talks I have had with several of you. I need others to join me in prayer. My husband and I have recently come to realize that PM is something God has placed on our hearts. In the span of a week, I have seen God's plan for us continue to unfold and prayers answered. I strive to pray each day for God to show me His will in this and to be sure that this is in fact what God wants for our lives. As soon as I pray, I feel calmed and good. But it seems that this feeling soon wears off and I find myself going back to God again to plead for Him to show me His will. I struggle with this daily and would like for you to please also pray for me that I may find a lasting peace. I want this relationship to result in a commitment/wedding. My fears keep me consistently questioning if God is now leading me away from this or if He is just testing my heart. Thank you all. The more I spend time here, the more I begin to feel like I have found an extended family. Much love to you all.

Irishprincess09,
How wonderful is God's leading and provision! Historically, whenever God makes a major move, in nations or individuals lives, God's enemy and ours (Satan) endeavors to throw a monkey wrench into the works. His great tool for evil and defeat is "misinformation". He is a liar and the father of liars, he cannot be trusted. What makes him even more dangerous is that he whispers those lies in our ears, in a voice that sounds just like our own thoughts. This makes it hard for us to be sure of what is God's leading and our own desires as well as the lies. May I recommend that you keep a Bible reading and prayer journal? To avoid misinformation, seek the answers to your questions in the Bible, as you pray for direction, record in your journal the verses God uses to speak to you (More reliable than feelings) and the time and date. Then when the liar starts up again, you can just show him what God said and that you trust the Lord more than a liar.

I have found this to be very helpful. The enemy doesn't like to be proven a liar, but God is always, The Truth, He never changes.

If I can be of any help, please write me at johnw@biblicalfamilies.org.
I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Blessings,
John

John, thank you. Your answer is so simple and true, I wish I had thought of it sooner! :) Thank you, I will do that. Also, just to share.. as I continue seeking God in this (which is a new practice for me), I see myself growing and maturing in ways that I have never experienced before. There are times that I open my mouth to say something and one of two things happens. I either say something that feels so right and wise, I wonder, "who the heck said that?" lol or I open my mouth to say something less than true and less than kind, but find myself stopping and thinking, "no, that is not true or how I feel and that would hurt the other person" so I don't say it. Now I know that may seem like a small thing, but for me, that is HUGE. My tongue is the sharpest weapon that I have and I am often quick to cut someone down with it just for my own protection.
Something else that has happened that I never expected is that God has brought Ed and I even closer together than we were before. Going into this, we made sure that we were solid and that our hearts were right. But through the time of a week, I have seen my husband grow into this AMAZING and Godly man and head of household. He has shared his heart with me like never before and expressed a deeper love and commitment to me than ever before. There are so many other things that tell me we are walking in His will, but these things alone solidify my belief and calm my fearful heart. Thank you for being an ear and allowing me to share this with you.

On another note, if I may, are you currently practicing PM? I would really love to hear how you came into this family...

Back