• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Watch out Texas, here I come.....

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
I am flying out to DFW next Friday to spend the weekend and help DeeAnn and kids drive back, and really want to meet all of you that can get together for dinner, or lunch at the park with kids,etc. If you are a couple, DeeAnn and I want to meet you and your, if you are a single man, please set aside some time to meet up with us so we can see you and fellowship. If you are a single woman, or single woman with kids, pack your bags, you are coming with us. Just kidding, that was a joke. All joking aside, we would love to get together even if it is a few hours, we consider the Biblical Families fellowship of members to be our church and family. We are going to see the Richard family, CHOHW, so south of DFW metroplex might be the best place to pick a spot. Please call or email lissa, me, or DeeAnn to let us know what works for you, either saturday or sunday, does not matter.

Meeting people face to face is important to everyone involved in this fellowship. It is not hard to fall into feeling alone or not understood by the people around you, and seeing each other in person helps to feel connected when you communicate on the forums after that. We all know the underlying emotions that can accompany getting a poly friendly group together, but we are all adults, and love God, and can handle things in a righteous manner.

See you then, this is great. I can't wait to meet all of you and see my wife and kids!
Paul

Hey ya'll, I am so excited about this change in plans. I love company. I only wish Hubby could be here for this little gathering.

SweetLissa

Here we go,

I have made reservations for the private room at a Steakhouse in Fort Worth, TX. The reservations are for 7 pm. It is Ryan's steakhouse in White Settlement if you want to look it up on the internet and get directions. I will be driving from Dallas to Ft. Worth and I stop and pick up some along the way. I have room for me plus 6 in hubby's car so let me know if you want a ride, Paul and DeeAnn. I have been in contact with a couple of families in Fort Worth and they are planning on attending as well. All in all it should be a festive and happy time.

I would like to put something together for Sunday morning but I can't seem to find a place to gather and worship together. Any ideas? Of course if ya'll wanted to come to Dallas, I know a place where we can do all-you-can-eat pancakes for $4.99. $1.99 for little kids.

SweetLissa

Awesome. We are so looking forward to seeing everyone. We can drive our own truck, and we will show up when and where you can find a spot!!!

Paul

Handy little tip for everyone planning to attend: coupons for buy one, get one free at Ryan's buffet are available online. Just Google "free ryans buffet". You can get one coupon to print for each email you provide. "Fellowship for less," I always say! lol

We had an awesome time, seeing friends and making new ones. Lissa can give a better update about what a wonderful experience we all had at our little fellowship meeting!

Okay here we go...

Once again, we closed the restaurant and then hung out in the parking lot till nearly midnight. The food was decent (better than Golden Corral but not fine dining) and the staff were gracious and helpful. This place is actually built for parties so it has several places that could be used for future gatherings. Remember Ryan's Steakhouse.

Everyone showed up that we expected and the entire Richard's clan came too, which is always good. In total we had 10 adults and 11 children. Oh and one very curious server. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Mostly we shared backgrounds and how we came to the truth. There were two new families with us, who I have been in contact with over the past year. They are not members here so I won't name them, but they brought a lot of discussion to the table. Oh, and Pastor_Randy called while on his journey back to the US. The conversation was lively and I couldn't tell who had better stuff to talk about, the men or the women.

We missed everyone that wasn't there but it was a really really great time. Lots of hugs and talk and some of the best behaved children I have ever experienced. (What a shame they are homeschooled, right ladies?) Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead and I couldn't find the spares that I had carefully purchased for the last dinner.

I personally think that these little gatherings are becoming more and more important as our little family grows. I hope that they become regular parts of our lives so we can stay connected with people who don't think we are weird (or whatever they think.)

Thanks to all for coming

wish i could have made it guys..just could not get away from work/life for the long drive...hope there will be a texas retreat soon...maybe i will not be single by then so i do not have to feel like the odd man out.

Back